Outside the Lines

longshot7

talking Ozzie again... although this time it's not just a rehash of the Maggs or Frank stuff. Talking about his managerial style - although interesting on a day he had a bad one managing the game. Doup Padilla talking about how Oz has instilled confidence in the pitching staff. That idiot Steve Phillips is coming up to talk about why Ozzie's style won't work. Padilla said Phillips needs to travel with the sox and stop talking out of his ass.

ESPN aired the 9th inning commentary from Brantley/Stone on Sporstcenter.

While I dislike Brantley, he mirrored our sentiments of Guillen's questionable managerial moves today. Focus of the highlight was on Buehlre allowing two baserunners to reach, whereas Hermanson continued to warm in the bullpen. He appeared very pissed off glaring onto the field.

Many people across the nation, if unaware before, treated themselves to quite the spectacle Ozzie, on occasion, may be. Guillen's "gut decisions" almost cost the team a victory yesterday.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:27 AM)
ESPN aired the 9th inning commentary from Brantley/Stone on Sporstcenter.

While I dislike Brantley, he mirrored our sentiments of Guillen's questionable managerial moves today. Focus of the highlight was on Buehlre allowing two baserunners to reach, whereas Hermanson continued to warm in the bullpen.  He appeared very pissed off glaring onto the field.

Many people across the nation, if unaware before, treated themselves to quite the spectacle Ozzie, on occasion, may be. Guillen's "gut decisions" almost cost the team a victory yesterday.

Ozzie Guillen has cost the White Sox many games this season, and almost has cost this team every game this season. It makes you wonder why anyone in there right mind would want to keep a bad manager around through 2009.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Ozzie Guillen has cost the White Sox many games this season, and almost has cost this team every game this season.  It makes you wonder why anyone in there right mind would want to keep a bad manager around through 2009.

You'd rather have Jerry Manuel?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:44 AM)
Ozzie Guillen has cost the White Sox many games this season, and almost has cost this team every game this season. 

He has cost us many games, and yet, we still have the best record in baseball? What should we be, like 45-6? What bizarro baseball world are you living in?

He has cost us almost every game, but he somehow managed to escape with a win 67% of the time? Seriously man, stop yourself.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
He has cost us many games, and yet, we still have the best record in baseball?  What should we be, like 45-6?  What bizarro baseball world are you living in?

He has cost us almost every game, but he somehow managed to escape with a win 67% of the time?  Seriously man, stop yourself.

This is true, but it sure as hell seems to me he has money on the opposing teams more often than not. He makes alot of bone headed decisions more and i am not one of those people that says it after it happens. When i see something weird as hell going on i question it to see if anyone knows the answer why. More often than not he stumps everyone.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
This is true, but it sure as hell seems to me he has money on the opposing teams more often than not. He makes alot of bone headed decisions more and i am not one of those people that says it after it happens. When i see something weird as hell going on i question it to see if anyone knows the answer why. More often than not he stumps everyone.

I hear you. He is overly loyal, he doesn't know how to use a bullpen, and he doesn't appear to be familiar with percentages and trends. But he gets his players fired up for battle, he has the correct philosophy in place (pitching, defense, manufacturing runs), etc. In time, well, let's just hope that experience cures all.

I nearly question the idea that every moron can have his opinion after reading redandwhite's moronic posts but I guess I'm not always int he majority so its better off having stupid things said by supposed fans than not said at all. If you want to question Ozzie moves, fine and most will agree with you on some, but if you want to make asinine generalizations then you should intern for Moronotti and leave us alone.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)

Just out of curiosity, do you like anyone associated with the Sox (outside of widge)?

I can't recall a positive, non-pessimistic Sox post from you....

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
If you want to question Ozzie moves, fine and most will agree with you on some, but if you want to make asinine generalizations then you should intern for Moronotti and leave us alone.

"intern for moronotti" :lol:

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)

I'll say this. I hate how he handles the bullpen but for the most part I love how he handles the starting rotation. Today was just totally boneheaded in terms of the guys he used off the bench. Can't wait for Gloadie to be back up.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
Just out of curiosity, do you like anyone associated with the Sox (outside of widge)?

I can't recall a positive, non-pessimistic Sox post from you....

I am not very pessimistic. I tell the truth which many people cannot handle and mistake it for being pessimistic. But you go along believing what you wish.