Jinxed?

skidoochic

Ok - don't kill me on this cuz I know most of you do not believe in jinxes or superstitions but get this. I bought an A.J. Pierzynski :wub: jersey a few days ago. The first time I wore it AJ went yard but the Sox lost the game. I wrote that off as nothing. The next time I wear the jersey, the Sox can't do anything offensively, including AJ. So now I am thinking the jersey has something to do with it. Last night I did not put the jersey on until the bottom of the 3rd inning and, as we know, we did nothing. Then the top of the 4th was a hit parade for the Angels. I took the jersey off and the Sox came back. I didn't put the jersey back on until AJ was up and he struck out :angry: (I was hoping the homerun luck would return).

So (sorry this so long) but I think the jersey is jinxed! I want to continue to wear it, but I don't want to be responsible for the Sox losing. Any suggestions to get rid of the jinx? :huh

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Ok - don't kill me on this cuz I know most of you do not believe in jinxes or superstitions but get this.  I bought an A.J. Pierzynski :wub:  jersey a few days ago.  The first time I wore it AJ went yard but the Sox lost the game.  I wrote that off as nothing.  The next time I wear the jersey, the Sox can't do anything offensively, including AJ.  So now I am thinking the jersey has something to do with it.  Last night I did not put the jersey on until the bottom of the 3rd inning and, as we know, we did nothing.  Then the top of the 4th was a hit parade for the Angels.  I took the jersey off and the Sox came back.  I didn't put the jersey back on until AJ was up and he struck out :angry:  (I was hoping the homerun luck would return). 

So (sorry this so long) but I think the jersey is jinxed!  I want to continue to wear it, but I don't want to be responsible for the Sox losing. Any suggestions to get rid of the jinx? :huh

Go to Harry Caray's and asked them to blow it up.

:fthecubs

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
I am the exact same way.  I can not wear anything Whitesox during the game if I do it is an automatic lose.  Not a hat, T-shirt, jersey, underwear or whatever.  2 years ago I went to about 20 sox games.  Everytime I wore my Sox stuff they lost.

Thank you for taking me seriously! I know some people think it is stupid to be superstitious but I can't help but think there is a connection! Anyway, I paid a lot of money for that jersey so I think I will just see if my priest will bless it. Think that will work?

Jeez, I wish I had that much control over my own life--let alone a game played by people I've never met, in a place I'm not, and being managed, called, umped by other people I've never met.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Thank you for taking me seriously!  I know some people think it is stupid to be superstitious but I can't help but think there is a connection!  Anyway, I paid a lot of money for that jersey so I think I will just see if my priest will bless it.  Think that will work?

try washing it in garlic, vinegar, and talisman dust...

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Anyway, I paid a lot of money for that jersey so I think I will just see if my priest will bless it.  Think that will work?

A better question is: do you think the priest will actually bless it?