Lineup with Frank back...

Jabroni

Rowand has been killing the ball while batting third this season. He now has a .284 AVG with a .343 OBP. Do you keep him batting third and bat Frank cleanup a la the Maggs/Frank duo of last season?

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi

CF Rowand

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

SS Uribe

3B Crede

Or do you bat Frank third and move Rowand elsewhere in the lineup? Your thoughts?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Rowand has been killing the ball while batting third this season.  He now has a .284 AVG with a .343 OBP.  Do you keep him batting third and bat Frank cleanup a la the Maggs/Frank duo of last season?

LF  Podsednik

2B  Iguchi

CF  Rowand

DH  Thomas

1B  Konerko

RF  Dye

C   Pierzynski

SS  Uribe

3B  Crede

Or do you bat Frank third and move Rowand elsewhere in the lineup?  Your thoughts?

That's the line-up I would go with. :gosox1:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Rowand has been killing the ball while batting third this season.  He now has a .284 AVG with a .343 OBP.  Do you keep him batting third and bat Frank cleanup a la the Maggs/Frank duo of last season?

LF  Podsednik

2B  Iguchi

CF  Rowand

DH  Thomas

1B  Konerko

RF  Dye

C   Pierzynski

SS  Uribe

3B  Crede

Or do you bat Frank third and move Rowand elsewhere in the lineup?  Your thoughts?

I would go with that too unless konerko turns it around then i would flip him and frank

I don't disagree, but hasn't Thomas earned the 3-hole?  I mean, Thomas would be an affective third hitter if we had a consistent #4.

I don't see how "earning" has anything to do with it. Frank has batted both 3rd and cleanup in recent years. Frank didn't have a problem batting cleanup for Magg$ last season. I'm just looking for the best possible lineup to score runs.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
I don't see how "earning" has anything to do with it.  Frank has batted both 3rd and cleanup in recent years.  Frank didn't have a problem batting cleanup for Magg$ last season.  I'm just looking for the best possible lineup to score runs.

I'm not saying he should bat 3rd, I was just throwing in a different look at it. Personally I would like Rowand in the three hole and have Frank bat 4th, AJ fifth and Paulie 6th. Carl/Dye bat 7th. The other two need to play paper scissors rock for 8th because neither can get on base so it doesnt matter what spot they hit.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Too many RH bats together. Need to put AJ higher and send Paulie's useless ass to the bottom 3 once Frank returns

the way Paulie hits (pulling everything), protection with Frank Thomas hitting behind him wouldn't be a bad idea. why not Rowand-Konerko-Thomas at 3-4-5?

the way Paulie hits (pulling everything), protection with Frank Thomas hitting behind him wouldn't be a bad idea.  why not Rowand-Konerko-Thomas at 3-4-5?

Frank is a RBI producer. You don't bat guys like him 5th. It makes more sense to bat Konerko 5th since he is the anti-clutch.

Everyone's suggestions are valid (sadly, even the one about Timo - well, not valid, but painfully accurate).

The bright side is that the middle bats seem to be coming around. Dye has been fairly hot, and Everett showed signs today. Konerko has been getting hits here and there. It's a good position to be in. If everyone keeps hitting, the Sox will do some damage regardless of the order. To

answer the question, I'd go with Rowand in the #3 spot.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
the way Paulie hits (pulling everything), protection with Frank Thomas hitting behind him wouldn't be a bad idea.  why not Rowand-Konerko-Thomas at 3-4-5?

Because with Konerko batting cleanup, you lose the protection for ARow. PK is pretty much HR or bust. My lineup:

Podsednik

Iguchi

Rowand

Thomas(could be flipped with ARow)

Pierzynski

Dye

Konerko

Crede

Uribe

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Frank is a RBI producer.  You don't bat guys like him 5th.  It makes more sense to bat Konerko 5th since he is the anti-clutch.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Id say split up the Big Hurt and Kong. Frank will get on base a ton with all his walks and Paulie will GIDP 98% of the time :crying

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Because with Konerko batting cleanup, you lose the protection for ARow. PK is pretty much HR or bust. My lineup:

Podsednik

Iguchi

Rowand

Pierzynski

Dye

Konerko

Crede

Uribe

so why flip A-Row with Thomas? why has everyone on this site forgotten that from 1999-2002, Konerko was a legit #3 hitter, with a horrid start to 2003 and a bad start this year, without much help from the hitter behind him?

If Jermaine could play SS for a half an inning, couldn't he give 1B a shot? Oddly enough, Dye or Everett or Thomas aren't the problems offensively right now -- Konerko is.

...then again, I see he had two hits tonight. I don't give a damn where he bats, Thomas needs to be in the lineup daily.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
so why flip A-Row with Thomas?  why has everyone on this site forgotten that from 1999-2002, Konerko was a legit #3 hitter, with a horrid start to 2003 and a bad start this year, without much help from the hitter behind him?

Wasn't Frank the #3 hitter from 99-02? I know he was out in 2001, but I thought Maggs took the #3 spot then.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
If Jermaine could play SS for a half an inning, couldn't he give 1B a shot?  Oddly enough, Dye or Everett or Thomas aren't the problems offensively right now -- Konerko is. 

...then again, I see he had two hits tonight.  I don't give a damn where he bats, Thomas needs to be in the lineup daily.

Yeah, I was seriously thinking about Everett or Dye playing 1B at least until Gload is back. PK, even with his "surge" if that's what you want to call it as of late he's still been the worse of the bunch. I seriously think that at least Dye could play 1B and may be better suited there since he can't run like he used to.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)

Podsednik

Iguchi

Rowand

Pierzynski

Dye

Konerko

Crede

Uribe

AJ has been in a slump (4 for 32), so I would not bat him 5th. I'd move Dye and Konerko up and bat AJ 7th.

If Jermaine could play SS for a half an inning, couldn't he give 1B a shot?  Oddly enough, Dye or Everett or Thomas aren't the problems offensively right now -- Konerko is. 

...then again, I see he had two hits tonight.  I don't give a damn where he bats, Thomas needs to be in the lineup daily.

That's an interesting idea but I wouldn't try it until the offseason. If Dye could learn to play 1st in the offseason, we wouldn't have to waste money resigning Paulsy. Dye definately has the size to play the position at 6'5". If Dye could play 1B, we could just keep Frank as our DH, throw Brian Anderson in RF, and look for an upgrade to Cruddy at 3B. Seems like an interesting possibility to me.

Edited by Jabroni