I know the secret of no offense at Coors field

sox-r-us

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
actually After Clee's hitting streak Walker went up to him and showed him how to add some more power to his swing... Arow, Kong, and Gooch I think dont use Walker too much.  Rowand works out all season long and im certain he has a personal trainer that he works all that stuff out with, Konerko changes his swing by himself it seems every other game and i doubt Walker is involved with that and Gooch is using his same swing from Japan thank god.

Now Walker might of worked with SPod and if so he has done an awesome job but really the only guy we know that Walker has worked the most with is Crede and he has been one of our worse hitters along with Uribe....

Although a hitting coach can only do so much and really he prob has little to do with overall teams success.... I rather us hire 2 hitting coaches... Walker would be the power one and than get a guy that teaches the hitters to use all parts of the field and everything.

Rowand has always given full credit to Walker for fixing his hand position from up high where the used to be. He also credited Walker for helping him get going again when he got demoted to AAA for a while.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
Rowand has always given full credit to Walker for fixing his hand position from up high where the used to be.  He also credited Walker for helping him get going again when he got demoted to AAA for a while.

well I didnt know that, and Rowand is one of our guys thats most successful when hitting to all fields...although id still like it if we had 2 hitting coaches... 2 many guys for 1 person to handle.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
I rather us hire 2 hitting coaches... Walker would be the power one and than get a guy that teaches the hitters to use all parts of the field and everything.

Harold Baines helps with the hitting as well, dont forget about Rock Raines either. You have several VERY good hitting coaches helping out the players.