The sox may have

Bmr31

The worst starting center fielder in the history of baseball. Also, they say you win up the middle right? Ummmm can it get much worse than Alomar, jimenez, valentin, and rowand. Other than valentin, and thats very debatable, those players wouldnt be starting players on most teams. Sorry to keep hammering this point, but the sox really do lack talent in key positions.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok what has alomar done wrong????? hes doing his job and comes through with a few clutch hits every now and then. which is a bonus from him (its not like we were expecting much from him anyhow)........its the others up the middle behind the pitchers mound i worry about .......espically 2nd and cf..........of course bringing up borchard wouldnt do us much better .. he lacks the experience which your lookin for at that position too.............you can always have lazy ass lofton back.... :o

ok what has alomar done wrong????? hes doing his job and comes through with a few clutch hits every now and then. which is a bonus from him (its not like we were expecting much from him anyhow)........its the others up the middle behind the pitchers mound i worry about .......espically 2nd and cf..........of course bringing up borchard wouldnt do us much better .. he lacks the experience which your lookin for at that position too.............you can always have lazy ass lofton back.... :o

alomar's done nothing wrong..except for the fact that he should have retired two years after his 11th knee operation or whatever it was..by signing him we felt we had to keep 3 catchers..that last guy to be sent down was aaron miles...whats this team lack??heart..what was miles biggest attribute?? heart

What they need is a CF who can make things happen. I know there's a Miles Fan Club thing going on here and I saw him in Tucson and liked him too .... but I don't think his 1 walk in 44 AB's and .311 OBP in Charlotte is gonna cure all the ills here in Chicago.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok stop right there.... i love miles more than anyone on this board...... but its not alomars fault he was sent down.. i lay that blame at the feet of kenny williams.... only because his "golden boy" jimenez has to stay up here...........paul was sent down and if kenny really had any intentions of letting miles use his heart up here he could have easily brought him up dont ya think...........of course he could... kenny doesnt want any heart here......he wants things to be out of sorts because thats the only way he can keep his spies telling him whats going on without them feeling guilty about it.........the minute everyone starts getting along in this freakin clubhouse is the minute kw looses control over the whole situation................. :fyou kenny williams he cant leave fast enough for me............

ok stop right there.... i love miles more than anyone on this board...... but its not alomars fault he was sent down.. i lay that blame at the feet of kenny williams.... only because his "golden boy" jimenez has to stay up here...........paul was sent down and if kenny really had any intentions of letting miles use his heart up here he could have easily brought him up dont ya think...........of course he could... kenny doesnt want any heart here......he wants things to be out of sorts because thats the only way he can keep his spies telling him whats going on without them  feeling guilty about it.........the minute everyone starts getting along in this freakin clubhouse is the minute kw looses control over the whole situation................. :fyou  kenny williams he cant leave fast enough for me............

well of course we agree on williams..you'd have to be deaf and blind not to see what damage this guy has done...but if we kept 2 catchers out of ST mills should have been the 25th guy..of course he probably would have been sent down when we felt we had to have an extra pitcher when sanders was called up..

i guess now that josh paul cleared waivers it doesnt matter that much

The worst starting center fielder in the history of baseball.  Also, they say you win up the middle right?  Ummmm can it get much worse than Alomar, jimenez, valentin, and rowand.  Other than valentin, and thats very debatable, those players wouldnt be starting players on most teams.  Sorry to keep hammering this point, but the sox really do lack talent in key positions.

I agree Rowand is an absoulutely horrid player right now, he should be sent to single A, forget Triple A

And Olivio is our "main catcher" since he does catch 3 of the 5 pitchers and he has a gun for an arm and looks pretty good with his feet and blocking balls that hit the ground and stuff. Rowand may be horrid with the bat, but he's not that bad with the glove.

can't defend the others

I agree Rowand is an absoulutely horrid player right now, he should be sent to single A, forget Triple A

And Olivio is our "main catcher" since he does catch 3 of the 5 pitchers and he has a gun for an arm and looks pretty good with his feet and blocking balls that hit the ground and stuff. Rowand may be horrid with the bat, but he's not that bad with the glove.

can't defend the others

Me thinks the guy who said you need strength up the middle, was correct. :D

alomar's done nothing wrong..except for the fact that he should have retired two years after his 11th knee operation or whatever it was..by signing him we felt we had to keep 3 catchers..that last guy to be sent down was aaron miles...whats this team lack??heart..what was miles biggest attribute?? heart

Alomar broke up the no hitter last night - I have come to really admire the guy by his play on the field. I am glad he is back.

Aaron Rowand is a mystery to me. I love the concept of Aaron Rowand but the reality is not the same. JimH makes a point about Miles that is hard to rebut.

I am beginning to wonder again about our hitting coach. Or our player's attitudes.

When is your birthday? As long as I have known you you always post about heart. I have to buy you that, what is it, Damn Yankees soundtrack album with the song, You Gotta Have Heart -

once I told you that i could tell exactly what players you liked before you posted about them - you wondered why - I look for what you define as "heart" and I am right every time!

JimH's point about Miles tells me that heart isn't enough that. Daubach is a huge mystery to me - a guy with, as you say, heart and an 059 batting average.

I have to leave now if I am going to the Cell which means no me on the boards for a while -

so baggio my friend I leave you with a song - which does mention Miles - an omen? :lol:

Coach:

[spoken]

See boys, that's what I'm talking about. Baseball is only one half skill, the

other half is something else.....something bigger!

{sang}

You've gotta have....Heart! All you really need is heart!

When

the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!

You've gotta have hope! Musn't sit around and mope. Nuthin' half as bad as

it may appear, wait'll next year and hope. When your luck is battin' zero,

get your chin up off the floor. Mister, you can be a hero. You can open any

door. There's nothin' to it, but to do it. You've gotta have heart! Miles

and miles and miles of heart! Oh, it's fine to be a genius of corse! But

keep that ol' horse before the cart! First you've got to have heart!

Smokey:

A great pitcher, we haven't got!

Rocky:

A great slugger, we haven't got!

Sohovic:

All:

What've we got? We've got heart! All you really need is heart! When the odds

are sayin', You'll never win, that's when the grin should start! We've got

hope! We don't sit around and mope! Not a solitary sob do we heave, mister

'cause we've got hope.

Rocky:

We're so happy, that we're hummin'.

All:

Hmm, Hmm, Hmm

Coach:

That's the heart-y thing to do.

Smokey:

'Cause we know our ship will come in!

All:

Hmm, hmm, hmm

Sohovic:

So it's ten years over due!

All:

Hoo, hoo, hoo. We've got heart! Miles and miles and miles of heart! Oh it's

fine to be a genius of coarse, but keep that old horse before the cart!

Smokey:

So what the heck's the use of cryin'?

Coach:

Why should we curse?

Sohovic:

We've got to get better......

Rocky:

....'cause we can't get worse!

All:

And to add to it; we've got heart! We've got heart! We've got Heart!

Alomar broke up the no hitter last night - I have come to really admire the guy by his play on the field.  I am glad he is back. 

Aaron Rowand is a mystery to me.  I love the concept of Aaron Rowand but the reality is not the same.  JimH makes a point about Miles that is hard to rebut. 

I am beginning to wonder again about our hitting coach.  Or our player's attitudes. 

When is your birthday?  As long as I have known you you always post about heart.  I have to buy you that, what is it, Damn Yankees soundtrack album with the song, You Gotta Have Heart -

once I told you that i could tell exactly what players you liked before you posted about them - you wondered why - I look for what you define as "heart" and I am right every time!

JimH's point about Miles tells me that heart isn't enough that. Daubach is a huge mystery to me - a guy with, as you say, heart and an 059 batting average. 

I have to leave now if I am going to the Cell which means no me on the  boards for a while -   

so baggio my friend I leave you with a song - which does mention Miles - an omen?  :lol:

Coach:

[spoken]

See boys, that's what I'm talking about. Baseball is only one half skill, the

other half is something else.....something bigger!

{sang}

You've gotta have....Heart! All you really need is heart!

When

the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!

You've gotta have hope! Musn't sit around and mope. Nuthin' half as bad as

it may appear, wait'll next year and hope. When your luck is battin' zero,

get your chin up off the floor. Mister, you can be a hero. You can open any

door. There's nothin' to it, but to do it. You've gotta have heart! Miles

and miles and miles of heart! Oh, it's fine to be a genius of corse! But

keep that ol' horse before the cart! First you've got to have heart!

Smokey:

Rocky:

A great slugger, we haven't got!

Sohovic:

All:

What've we got? We've got heart! All you really need is heart! When the odds

are sayin', You'll never win, that's when the grin should start! We've got

hope! We don't sit around and mope! Not a solitary sob do we heave, mister

'cause we've got hope.

Rocky:

We're so happy, that we're hummin'.

All:

Hmm, Hmm, Hmm

Coach:

That's the heart-y thing to do.

Smokey:

'Cause we know our ship will come in!

All:

Hmm, hmm, hmm

Sohovic:

So it's ten years over due!

All:

Hoo, hoo, hoo. We've got heart! Miles and miles and miles of heart! Oh it's

fine to be a genius of coarse, but keep that old horse before the cart!

Smokey:

So what the heck's the use of cryin'?

Coach:

Why should we curse?

Sohovic:

We've got to get better......

Rocky:

....'cause we can't get worse!

All:

And to add to it; we've got heart! We've got heart! We've got Heart!

cool post

one thing about daubach..ive folowed his career since july of '00...0-15 is pretty common with this guy...in boston he could wear the collar a whole week and then get a seeing eye single and all of a sudden go 11-15 and carry the team on his back...but when all is said and done his numbers over his 4 year career are as about as consistent as they come...he is very much like ray durham in that aspect...hot , cold , hot , cold, but in the end hes' always there

look for daubach to get a cheap here soon and go on a serious hot streak

Exactly. Everyone is ripping on him but hes been on of the better hitters weve had so far... :huh:

Because he is a below average player who is off to a decent start. Dont read into his current numbers, this guy blows.

one thing about daubach..ive folowed his career since july of '00...0-15 is pretty common with this guy...in boston he could wear the collar a whole week and then get a seeing eye single and all of a sudden go 11-15 and carry the team on his back...but when all is said and done his numbers over his 4 year career are as about as consistent as they come...he is very much like ray durham in that aspect...hot , cold , hot , cold, but in the end hes' always there

Well baggs he got his hit tonight.... I hope you are right!

Well baggs he got his hit tonight.... I hope you are right!

i was thinking this might be his start..then he has to face santana in his next two at bats who is death on lefties...he still got some good swings off santana..i see him starting to lock in...the key is if he gets hot..will jerry play him enough to stay hot??...if a righty is going for the twins toorrow i hope dauber gets the nod

if he gets hot..will jerry play him enough to stay hot??

baggs...why bother asking when you already know the answer?

Of course he won't....we have Mr. Tinker as our manager. Konerko, Lee, and Maggs will all be playing tomorrow...and only Maggs and Lee deserve to be playing.

We'll see Konerko out there going 1-4 or maybe 1-5....hell, maybe he'll put up a donut...and Dauber will warm the bench.

Right now....I really hope we go on about a 6 game losing streak....and that we lose like 10 of our next 12. As hard as it would be on us....it would hopefully get JM fired and then we could use Wally....or hell, why not use Hawk? He seems to know the players well enough...and he wants this team to win. I think he's smart enough to do the job right.

He wasn't much of a GM...but I think he'd be a different manager. It'd atleast be worth a shot.....and he'd be better than Jerry.

Right now....I really hope we go on about a 6 game losing streak....and that we lose like 10 of our next 12.  As hard as it would be on us....it would hopefully get JM fired and then we could use Wally....or hell, why not use Hawk?  He seems to know the players well enough...and he wants this team to win.  I think he's smart enough to do the job right.

He wasn't much of a GM...but I think he'd be a different manager.  It'd atleast be worth a shot.....and he'd be better than Jerry.

Don't be thinking this way...Just because the Sox lose umpteen games in a row does not mean that JM gets fired! Just because we hope something happens doesn't mean it'll get done. We've gotta hope for wins every day regardless.

There are no circumstances in which I ever want the Sox to lose one game, let alone a long streak - I don't understand that thinking at all. I want wins, not losses.

Hawk as manager - no. I remember his days as GM too well to ever want him as manager.

I have no thirst to change managers. Can JM win a division title? The answer is yes. He's done it. And I look for him to do it again this year.