Thomas rips Williams

Jjav829

I hope he keeps ripping KW.

KW does deserve criticism.

I have mixed emotions on Big Hurt.

I guess that's why the GM gets paid the big bucks.

He has to decide whether to bring him back.

I predict he'll have a big year in Boston.

He'll be ultra motivated.

This sounds like a showdown at the OK Corral to me. KW is really turning out to be a control freak in the mold of Captain Queeg. If he has JR's complete blessing then God help this franchise. It is obvious that KW wants it all his way. He wants that more than he wants to win. As far as dissing Frank, he has tried my patience at times, but he is the greatest hitter in the teams history and deserves more respect than to be left at the curb with the weekly trash. He also has an introspective personality that doesn't always play well with the blow dried "media". When they stick it to him he reacts predictably which makes the problem worse. I'd rather have a beer with Frank than share the same airspace for one second with a certain cub.

I'm with ya in your comparision with Sammy.

I do tend to agree with everyones thoughts on Williams, he really is smothering the club taking away all the oxygen away to the point where only he gives it to him and no one can disrespect him. He just wants a bunch of puppets running around, just like Hawk and DJ.

Personally I think Whimpy was forced out because he didn't want to be a puppet. Of course no research could back this up, just my own opinion.

Anyway, KW needs to let his ego get out of his way cause if he could do that, I think he will be a good general manager.

Guest hotsoxchick1

if i were frank i would come back just to stick it to kenny...hes gonna get paid either way so whats the difference.. may as well make kennys life a living hell.. who knows maybe frank will run kenny out of town.......one can only hope so.........:**** kenny williams

Guest hotsoxchick1

carlos couldnt play with himself if you put his hands on his dick for him, and pumped his arms up and down......we need to dump his sorry ass and leave frank where he is.......:**** kenny williams

Guest hotsoxchick1

well frank aint gone yet... and we dont need another dh if he stays.. dump carlos and bring on the youngsters........at least we may get something decient for lee.....i frank leaves we gain nothing.......just think we could have had something from boston back in july............

The only youngster we have capable of being an everyday outfielder even close to the majors is Joe Borchard and he isn't ready.

He said it himself and watching him play in that final month I noticed it too. He's got to fix that swing and shorten it other wise he won't amount to a damn thing at this level. He'll end up being like Trammel down in San Diego.

Originally posted by Murcielago

i think Carlos Lee is going to put up similar numbers though....... and if Frank is gone Carlos becomes DH...... he can also play left. It gives us alot more options.

I see where you are coming from here Murcielago. Truly, I do. You will not find a bigger defender of C Lee than me. After all, he is one of the all-time CubKilla's. But, the only comparison you could draw between C Lee and Thomas is their incredibly shaky defense. Thomas is the BEST HITTER this city has seen. Period. So goofs like Moronotti don't like him. So what! The same goofs that call Frank a has-been also think some of ShamME's best years are ahead of him. I have a feeling that if Frank goes somewhere else for 2003, we will be sorry. As Sox fans and as the Organization goes (I know they don't give a flying f***..... but), we owe it to Frank to show us he still is the "Big Hurt." I'd give him one more year or until the 2nd-half trading deadline if the 2003 White Sox turn out to be the 2001/2002 White Sox.

I can buy one more year. If Frank turns it on like I think he will then we will have a good problem on our hands, we either deal him when his value is high and he has his new contract with some deffered payments done or we keep him and move Carlos Lee in favor of Joe Borchard.

Maybe the Sox found out that Rowand can't be an everyday centerfielder after a full season their and we decide to keep Lee, Thomas and Borchard as our future team.

Right now to me we can live with Thomas one more season because guys like Borchard just aren't ready at least not yet and I don't think Joe would be killed if he had almost a full season of AAA(Again)

Originally posted by Jjav829

Link

I don't think this has been posted yet but it's interesting. Is Thomas trying to force his way out? He is ripping Kenny now, which usually leads to a one way ticket out of town.

DID THOMAS ACTUALLY TALK TO THE MEDIA THIS TIME OR DID ONE OF THE "HALL MONITORS" BRING IT TO THE WORTHLESS ONE'S ATTENTION?

Thank ya Mario;

You got to be careful when you read quotes cause they are always used to help the writers context. I know that cause when I write columns and take quotes(Something I rarely do, cause why quote someone when I think I'm the true genius and come up with my own stuff, lol) then you do it so it proves your point.

Frank don't like the media and I don't think he'll talk to them until he announces his attentions or maybe not even until he signs a new contract here or elsewhere.

I think he's gotten to the point where he'll just let the media write what it wants and ignore it.