"Respect"

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Exactly.

I have no problem with you, other than the fact you want to pick up a bunch of players before the deadline.

A bunch, well if 2 is a bunch.. I just want 2 players. One at 3rd, and a pitcher. Thats it.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
50 f***ing wins in f***ing June.  This makes me so angry because you expect so much out of a team thats given a better product than ever could have f***ing dreamed of.

I dont know about you, but I dream of a World Series victory. And if a trade or two is going to bring us closer to that goal, so be it. A 50 win first half does not a world champion make. It's encouraging, but definitely not satisfying.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
this was nothing, the feather ruffling is so strange to me.  I frequent a football site, and the Cubs/Sox thread would send some of you guys into e-shock.

I love your excitement and all of that stuff, but you might have gone a little overboard to prove the point. We all love the team, but to win a world series we might have to make some changes. Are you willing to sacrifice? I would agree with some of your stuff, keep it up. GO SOX!!! :gosox4:

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Uribe and Crede play AWESOME "D"

Neither play awesome-D. Both play above-average D, and above-average is not awesome.

Awesome is gold glove caliber - Beltre, Chavez, Rolen. Are you going to call both Uribe and Crede gold glove caliber players?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
Neither play awesome-D.  Both play above-average D, and above-average is not awesome.

Awesome is gold glove caliber - Beltre, Chavez, Rolen.  Are you going to call both Uribe and Crede gold glove caliber players?

Uribe could definitely be a gold glover. Not now, but a couple years done the road for sure. If derek jeter can be a gold glover anyone can. Crede is one of the better third baseman around ( defensively) but not gold glove caliber.

Flop on aim. :whip

:bringit :bringit :bringit :chair :chair :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Neither play awesome-D.  Both play above-average D, and above-average is not awesome.

Awesome is gold glove caliber - Beltre, Chavez, Rolen.  Are you going to call both Uribe and Crede gold glove caliber players?

but but but...... damn, u got me.......

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Uribe could definitely be a gold glover. Not now, but a couple years done the road for sure. If derek jeter can be a gold glover anyone can. Crede is one of the better third baseman around ( defensively) but not gold glove caliber.

Flop on aim. :whip

Uribe could be. Strong arm, good range...it's all a matter of making a somewhat difficult play and running into the stands/being in the right place at the right time to throw out Jeremy Giambi who was safe anyways. ;)

Crede never will be. Too slow(not quick) while lacking the baseball instincts needed to become a gold glover. He is above average in the same sense that Royce Clayton is above average, in that he gets to almost every ball within 3 feet and makes all the throws, while making a spectacular play now and then