"Respect"

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN I GET A "OWNED"?

No ... SSI 71 knows I am not trying to do that.

I think he beats this trade Crede and bring in Randa thing to death, especially because KW and Guillen have all but said they aren't gonna trade a starting position player unless it's a major upgrade.

I don't see what posting this trade Crede and bring in Randa every single day on a message board is gonna do. It is not going to change Sox managements minds, nor is it going to change anybodys mind here.

A few days ago I said I was done arguing about this stuff, and i am. Out of curiosity I looked at the overall RISP stats and posted them, that's all.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
But according to a comment you made about 2 sentences earlier, Uribe can hit about .240 with line shots to the gap.

:huh:

Actually Uribe can hit .270-.285 if he hits pitches in the strike zone and shortens his swing a bit and doesnt go for the fence everytime.

Crede has a mechanical flaw in this swing. This is according to Greg Walker.

Whats is the hitting with RISP and 2 outs.  The clutch stat Jim.  There is a huge difference there. 

Crede is .167 and Randa is .321.

SSI71, no one can argue with numbers. As for clutch, I personally don't care if a guy drives in a run with no outs or one out or two out. All I care about is he drives in the run.

They hit nearly identical (this year) overall with RISP. To me, as long as they get the run in ... that's the key stat. But you are right, if you want to look at it more narrowly, the numbers are as you posted.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
No ... SSI 71 knows I am not trying to do that.

I think he beats this trade Crede and bring in Randa thing to death, especially because KW and Guillen have all but said they aren't gonna trade a starting position player unless it's a major upgrade.

I don't see what posting this trade Crede and bring in Randa every single day on a message board is gonna do.  It is not going to change Sox managements minds, nor is it going to change anybodys mind here.

A few days ago I said I was done arguing about this stuff, and i am.  Out of curiosity I looked at the overall RISP stats and posted them, that's all.

I have a difference in opinion with Jim and Nitetrain on this subject. I have my views and they have theirs. Hence why these message boards are a cool thing.

And Jim the reason I keep on this is I think this team is very very close to doing something big in the post season. I look at our starting rotation and think our big 3 will be hard to beat. Our offense has picked up, outside of the occasional pull a thon like today. We are just a single hitter/pitcher away IMHO of doing some damage in the playoffs.

However some 10 year old posting PWNED and I think Luck is the key to the sox winning the world series is a bit myopic at best.

WHY on f***ing earth would you f*** with this?

50 f***ing wins in f***ing June. This makes me so angry because you expect so much out of a team thats given a better product than ever could have f***ing dreamed of.

Theyre busting thier f***ing assess out there (Crede too) and you all sit back here "Trade him, Trade him." Are familiar with Jose f***ing Guillen, twats?

he reason for dropping the "F-Bomb" isnt because I'm trying to use it to strengthen any points, it's to let you guys know how mad and disgusted I am that you dont genuinely respect baseball's best team, even though you're a fan of that team.

All facts and opionions aside, I find your tone very insulting and abrasive to my self and your fellow posters.

I think you should step back, think about what you are writing and then post it.

I think this club can improve itself with a trade. But I guess I am a "twat" who "doesn't f***ing respect" my team.

This is very insulting and I am shocked the Mods have let this thread go on.

All facts and opionions aside, I find your tone very insulting and abrasive to my self and your fellow posters.

I think you should step back, think about what you are writing and then post it.

I think this club can improve itself with a trade. But I guess I am a "twat" who "doesn't f***ing respect" my team.

This is very insulting and I am shocked the Mods have let this thread go on.

Anger is an emotion. Can I express emotions?

The whitesox are in this position because they are good.  Not because of luck.  To state this is more of a disrespect to the team.

If you read my Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity post you'd understand that when you are good, you get lucky. And Lucky is better than being good, but you cant be lucky consistently unless youre good.

:bringit

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)

Anger is an emotion.  Can I express emotions?

Don't turn this into a "freedom of expression" debate...

You are being insulting...you CANNOT be insulting to fellow members on this board?

Understand?

We are just a single hitter/pitcher away IMHO of doing some damage in the playoffs. 

We are basically on the same page, except you believe adding a hitter will be more beneficial and IMO a very good swingman pitcher is key. Alsp they need to get this backup 1B situation resolved. I know everybody says Gload but he will have had a long layoff ... I'm not sold that he'll come back and automatically be the hitter he showed last September. That's where I'd like to see an upgrade on the bench.

If Randa can play some 1B I'm all for it as I've said before. I cannot see them making 2-3 trades though ... that would be disruptive to the chemistry IMO.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
We are basically on the same page, except you believe adding a hitter will be more beneficial and IMO a very good swingman pitcher is key.  Alsp they need to get this backup 1B situation resolved.  I know everybody says Gload but he will have had a long layoff ... I'm not sold that he'll come back and automatically be the hitter he showed last September.  That's where I'd like to see an upgrade on the bench.

If Randa can play some 1B I'm all for it as I've said before.  I cannot see them making 2-3 trades though ... that would be disruptive to the chemistry IMO.

I think it will be 2 trades. One will be for a guy who can play 3rd and 1st. I agree Gload probably wont be back. Which is kind of sad, because he is an excellent sub at 1st and has a good line drive swing. I think the swingman/pitcher is the other guy.

Don't turn this into a "freedom of expression" debate...

You are being insulting...you CANNOT be insulting to fellow members on this board?

Understand?

What the hell? Can I be pissed off?

I find it insulting how disrespect a team thats worked so hard to get you so far and want to bump some of them off the starting rotation and Batting Order despite the roles theyve played. I feel insulted, "you CANNOT be insulting to fellow members on this board"

Being insulted is all relative, pipe down.

There is worse in the game threads every day, I don't think Duke is trying to insult, but it's not always intent ... it's how the comment is perceived.

I was personally not insulted, I thought commenting on the nine f bombs would get the point across :P

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
What the hell?  Can I be pissed off?

I find it insulting how disrespect a team thats worked so hard  to get you so far and want to bump some of them off the starting rotation and Batting Order despite the roles theyve played.  I feel insulted, "you CANNOT be insulting to fellow members on this board"

Being insulted is all relative, pipe down.

Pipe Down???

fine...I wil just report this to a Mod

Thank you.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
I love Sox Fans.  But even the closest of brothers have spats (I am in no way, shape or form trying to catagorize people I meet on the internet as Brothers, sorry guys, nothing personal)

Trust me you are not going to offend me. But if you take a shot at me, guess what its coming back.