Cliff Politte

santo=dorf

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
God Damn it. Look at all the stats of the top closers, WHIP, BAA, OPSA, K/9 Wickman is behind in all of them.

You're the one who brought up ERA, I showed you his ERA sucks compared to other AL closers.

Politte's stats> Crain's

Politte's stats> Wickman

Top three closers in the ALs stats> Wickman.

You have absolutley no argument here.

a guy who closes games for a living is more deserving than a guy who holds leads in the 7th and 8th for a living. i really don't understand how you don't get this.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
I hope Hermy puts up a 4.24 ERA and Rowand a .271 average.  :P

I said rowand with his in the .270's, not .270 or lower. I have it saved if you want to see it. Once more flop on aim.

i listed you 12 guys who i think are all-star pitchers. the one guy you don't think is going to go is bob wickman, the saves leader.

i am willing to make wagers with anyone and everyone that cliff politte isn't going to the all-star game. i'll bet ANYTHING on this.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
Each have 29 innings.

Wick-26 hits

Cliff-13

Wick-9 runs

Cliff-4 runs

Wick-12BB

Cliff-8BB

Wick-16 K's

Cliff-31 K's

Wick-4.97 K's per nine

Cliff-9.51 K's per nine

Wick-.241 BAA

Cliff-.135 BAA

Wick-2.79 ERA

Cliff-1.23 ERA

Anything else??

End of discussion.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Afraid to make bets with me anymore?? :D  :P

See i have always really liked cotts as you know. But at the beginning of the year you have to take a bet like that, especially considering i am not the optimist you are, no one really is.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
a guy who closes games for a living is more deserving than a guy who holds leads in the 7th and 8th for a living. i really don't understand how you don't get this.

Wickman isn't even that good of a closer. Politte is the most valuable middle reliever in the AL this season.

So since a closer is more deserving simply because he's a closer than Foulke should go to the All-Star game of Cliff too right?

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
i listed you 12 guys who i think are all-star pitchers. the one guy you don't think is going to go is bob wickman, the saves leader.

i am willing to make wagers with anyone and everyone that cliff politte isn't going to the all-star game. i'll bet ANYTHING on this.

We're arguing that he should be there, most of us realize he probably won't be there but he's definitely deserving.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)

The arguement isn't will he go, the arguement is should he go. Completely different thing.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
See i have always really liked cotts as you know. But at the beginning of the year you have to take a bet like that, especially considering i am not the optimist you are, no one really is.

This is true but as I've told you Neal is one of the guys I've always felt strong about, I've always thought he was going to be really, really good.

This has become really pointless. We all pretty much have the same opinion. Consesncus says (not including jerseysox):

Politte > Crain, Rhodes, Wickman, etc.

Politte should be in the ASG

Politte will not be in the ASG

Cleveland = Best Bullpen

Any arguments???

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
i lost what? don't be an asshole junior. it's a f***ing debate over cliff politte, he shouldn't and won't be an all-star.

You said it yourself. Cliff Politte not Heidi Klum....you lose!