Ken Rosenthal picks 5 Sox for All-Star Game...

Jabroni

For anyone who doesn't think Konerko deserves an all-star spot, I look at that situation the same way I look at Steve McNair's "co-MVP" of 2 seasons ago. He was royally snubbed the previous year, so they try to make it up by giving it to him the following year.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
For anyone who doesn't think Konerko deserves an all-star spot, I look at that situation the same way I look at Steve McNair's "co-MVP" of 2 seasons ago. He was royally snubbed the previous year, so they try to make it up by giving it to him the following year.

But McNair still had a steller year the next year. I don't think Konerko is really having a steller year.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
But McNair still had a steller year the next year. I don't think Konerko is really having a steller year.

McNair hardly had a MVP worthy year, especially when compared to the other "co-MVP" that year. If Kong added .030 points to his average, everyone would cry snub were he not to make the AS game. He's close to the top in several other stat categories.

McNair hardly had a MVP worthy year, especially when compared to the other "co-MVP" that year. If Kong added .030 points to his average, everyone would cry snub were he not to make the AS game. He's close to the top in several other stat categories.

Yep. If he could just get his AVG up to .270, his power numbers would look so much better. He's a career .276 hitter.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)

I don't know where you're getting an MVP year in 2002 according to stats. McNair was a lot better in 2003 than 2002. In 2003 McNair was just as valuable to the Titans has Manning was to the Colts. McNair also had a better QB rating than Manning, a better TD to INT ratio than Manning and more yards per pass attempt than Manning. Honestly, who else did McNair have on offense, just Derrick Mason.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I don't know where you're getting an MVP year in 2002 according to stats. McNair was a lot better in 2003 than 2002. In 2003 McNair was just as valuable to the Titans has Manning was to the Colts. McNair also had a better QB rating than Manning, a better TD to INT ratio than Manning and more yards per pass attempt than Manning. Honestly, who else did McNair have on offense, just Derrick Mason.

Manning in 2003: 379-556 4267 yards 29 TD 10 INT 99.0 QB rating; 2-0 vs. Titans, won AFC South title

McNair in 2003: 250-400 3215 yards 24 TD 7 INT 100.4 QB rating; 0-2 vs. Colts, 2nd place AFC South

So you're saying a 1.4 point difference in QB rating and 3 less INTs (in less games) makes up for over 1000 less yards, 5 less TD, 2 losses to the Colts, and losing the division title to the Colts?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Manning in 2003: 379-556 4267 yards 29 TD 10 INT 99.0 QB rating; 2-0 vs. Titans, won AFC South title

McNair in 2003: 250-400 3215 yards 24 TD 7 INT 100.4 QB rating; 0-2 vs. Colts, 2nd place AFC South

So you're saying a 1.4 point difference in QB rating and 3 less INTs (in less games) makes up for over 1000 less yards, 5 less TD, 2 losses to the Colts, and losing the division title to the Colts?

Look at the players McNair had around him. He was just as valuable as Manning was. Not to mention he was hurt basically the whole year. I gave you stats, but stats don't decide who the MVP is. Even though McNair's stats were just as good.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Eh, I guess I'm just a Colts fan that doesn't like that "co-" there. Anyway, any chance Tadahito goes? Soriano is seriously slumping but Roberts is still on fire. Any chance they take 3 2Bs? They did take 4 or 5 SS a few years back IIRC.

Yeah that's cool. And as you could probably tell I'm a McNair fan. I do think there should've only been one MVP and that should've been Manning, but I'm just saying McNair wasn't too far off and did a great job for what he had to work with.