Paul Konerko Will Sign With The Sox???

Southside hitmen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Wow :banghead

Ross Gload+8-10 mil to spend in FA>>Konerko

But what's the sense is using logic

spend it on who, exactly? konerko's been killing us with his 30 homer, 100 RBI seasons for awhile now, and i want to get rid of him too.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
spend it on who, exactly? konerko's been killing us with his 30 homer, 100 RBI seasons for awhile now, and i want to get rid of him too.

A starting pitcher? Bullpen arms? Depth? A 3B?

No matter how you slice it Gload+a good FA pick up or 2>>PK

PK is too one dimensional.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
Nanner, nanner Aussie  :aussie:

linky

:huh:

Never says whether it was texas or arizona... but it was definitely the rangers.

Dye also called sweeney, still a good friend of his, asking to cut a deal with allard . Baird said dye was too old for their team and not fast enough.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)

Yes, exactly. We don't need a 30-40 homer a year guy with 100+ RBI's, who is becoming the team leader. Let's all clamor to break up the Sox and go with a bunch of cheap free agents.

I think we need to be careful of what we wish for because we just might get it and next year be wallowing in the basement of the AL Central.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Yes, exactly. We don't need a 30-40 homer a year guy with 100+ RBI's, who is becoming the team leader. Let's all clamor to break up the Sox and go with a bunch of cheap free agents.

I think we need to be careful of what we wish for because we just might get it and next year be wallowing in the basement of the AL Central.

Um, no.

We will have plenty of money to sepnd next season even after increased contracts. to upgrade the pen, get a replacement for konerko, (we could always do what dbaho suggested and move dye to first anderson to right). Trading contreras for something is always a possibility and then signing another starter... we have alot of options and are in good shape for next season.

this may sound crazy, but if by the end of July the Sox realize they can't resign Konerko for a reasonable price I wouldn't mind seeing them making a run for Lyle Overbay for bench duties for the rest of the year, then have him in place for the future. It would mean chucking Ross Gload for this year, but that would be a solid plan IMO

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)

no no. ross gload is awesome. he hit .324 in 2004 in 234 ABs. he's a stud. an every day player who is always healthy. clearly what we need is to sign more pitchers.

The way we've been drawing this year, we might be able to actually keep Konerko and stay active in FA.

If we hit the playoffs and dont go out like b****es in round 1. There will some extra money and a lot of expectations to improve on the team.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
The way we've been drawing this year, we might be able to actually keep Konerko and stay active in FA.

If we hit the playoffs and dont go out like b****es in round 1.  There will some extra money and a lot of expectations to improve on the team.

I hate to say this, I truly do, because I want this team to be great for years to come...

But aside from keeping guys like Garland and Pierzynski who are still arbitration-eligible, my absolute #1 thing that I want to see happen in the offseason is the re-signing of the Big Hurt.

I do not want him to hit his 500th home run in anyone else's uniform. Call me sentimental wussy names if you'd like, but he's been the 1 player who's been here since I became a Sox fan, and I want him ending his career on the South Side.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
In AA and at age 25.  We shall see how he does in AAA.  He has never been this good in his minor league career...

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/leo_daigle.shtml

Jamie Burke was over 30 when he got his shot with the Sox and alot of people on this site and I believe you were one of them that wanted the Sox to keep him

Jamie Burke was over 30 when he got his shot with the Sox and alot of people on this site and I believe you were one of them that wanted the Sox to keep him

And where is Burke now? :huh

Well, Jon Garland has never been this good in his MLB career?

But he has always been a good 5th starter in the majors.

He was actually in A before getting promoted to Charlotte yesterday.

Even less impressive then. Daigle was tearing it up in Single A at 25 years of age? Meh.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Even less impressive then.  Daigle was tearing it up in Single A at 25 years of age?  Meh.

^^^

Exactly.

But if he does well to finish the year in AAA he could become a prospect.