Another Podsednik Poll

Balta1701

Just in case anyone else out there really enjoys watching Podsednik beat up on Derek Jeter...here's another poll for you.

ESPN.Com's sportsnation has a poll up asking "who deserves the all star bid more, Podsednik or Jeter"

Pods is currently winning 64 to 36. These polls usually only get about 1000 votes or so...so if we pile in a couple hundred more from here...we can really make this one fun.

VOTE HERE

Oh, and in the Chat...Steve Phillips was talking about the Orioles, and he went out on a big limb and said that he didn't think the Orioles would make the playoffs because they didn't have the pitching to compete with the Yankees, Indians, or Twins.

I doubt my comment in reply to that one will be posted. Let's just say it was fairly arrogant.

It's just so funny how people think Pods isn't deserving because he doesn't have the power numbers or RBIs Jeter has right now.

Jeter's numbers, however great they may be, have helped the Yankees hover around .500.

Pods on the other hand is a big key to why we're 31 over .500.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Oh, and in the Chat...Steve Phillips was talking about the Orioles, and he went out on a big limb and said that he didn't think the Orioles would make the playoffs because they didn't have the pitching to compete with the Yankees, Indians, or Twins.

I doubt my comment in reply to that one will be posted.  Let's just say it was fairly arrogant.

you realize he was probably talking about the Wild card race is what I assumed

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
you realize he was probably talking about the Wild card race is what I assumed

It was in response to them asking about the WC so I think you assumed right.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Just in case anyone else out there really enjoys watching Podsednik beat up on Derek Jeter...here's another poll for you.

ESPN.Com's sportsnation has a poll up asking "who deserves the all star bid more, Podsednik or Jeter"

Pods is currently winning 64 to 36.  These polls usually only get about 1000 votes or so...so if we pile in a couple hundred more from here...we can really make this one fun.

VOTE HERE

I doubt my comment in reply to that one will be posted.  Let's just say it was fairly arrogant.

With regards to the bottom part ...What is this asshole thinking....He should be out of a job for naming 3 AL teams...2 in the sox division and not naming the best team in baseball. I mean you have to try and avoid saying them if you are talking about good rotations in the AL.

Here was the post for those interested...

Justin (Baltimore): Have you ever seen a team look as strong as the Orioles did in April and May and then look as horrible as they have in June and July in the same season. It's like watching the 1998 Yankees turn into the 2005 Royals.

Steve Phillips: (12:12 PM ET ) Well, the 2005 Yankees have had weeks where they looked terrible and then suddenly looked like the teams from the past. It can happen. You are never as good as you are when playing your best or as bad as you are when playing your worst. You are really something inbetween. Somehow the Orioles have to get the rotation stabilized because it has been bleeding profusley. I'm just not sure they will have enough in the rotation to compete with Minnesota, Cleveland and NY. But they are headed in the right direction and have the makings of a solid playoff team.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)

Pods is currently winning 64 to 36.  These polls usually only get about 1000 votes or so...so if we pile in a couple hundred more from here...we can really make this one fun.

VOTE HERE

I am guessing that Steve did not mention the WHite Sox because he was specifically alluding to the wild card which is what the Yanks, Os, Twins and Indians are fighting for

Of course Steve has, in the past, never given any credit to the White Sox and instead just kept saying Twins will win the division but whatever.....

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
I am guessing that Steve did not mention the WHite Sox because he was specifically alluding to the wild card which is what the Yanks, Os, Twins and Indians are fighting for

Of course Steve has, in the past, never given any credit to the White Sox and instead just kept saying Twins will win the division but whatever.....

Him and all of us know that that's the wild card. I think we should assume that because he didn't mention the Red Sox anywhere either.

I didn't want to give this one its own thread...but here's a blurb from the Rob Neyer chat later.

Kevin, Philly

Who did you vote for in the final vote for the All-Star game?  I voted for Jeter and Oswalt.  I really don't think Podsednik belongs there despite his huge amount of steals.

ROB NEYER

I didn't vote, but I'd have voted for Matsui and Oswalt. Jeter's a solid choice, too. Frankly, Podsednik is sort of a joke All-Star, though he might come in handy as a pinch-runner if the game's close.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
I didn't want to give this one its own thread...but here's a blurb from the Rob Neyer chat later.

ROB NEYER

I didn't vote, but I'd have voted for Matsui and Oswalt. Jeter's a solid choice, too. Frankly, Podsednik is sort of a joke All-Star, though he might come in handy as a pinch-runner if the game's close.

Yep...

Rob Neyer is still being an asshole to the Sox and their fans.