Attendance Trends

Heads22

Nothing like Excel.

Running the numbers thru the Powerbook, we have had 1,656,027 fans at the Cell this season. If we were to maintain the average of 28,552 for the rest of the season, we would have 656,700 coming in the rest of the season. That being said, with series against the Angels, Yankees and Twins, we should have more sellouts. Maintaining that average brings us to 2,312,727.

There has been an average gain of 176 fans a game since the low water mark of 19,053 in the first game of the first Seattle series this year. Maintaining that average gain, by the end of the season we should/could be averaging 32,600 a game. That gives us 2,389,851 for the year. Pretty close to that 2.4 million.

Oh well. I think that's what that means.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of interesting targets for the Sox.

In order to draw 2.4 million they need to have 743,973 attend for an average of 32,347 a game

In order to average 30,000 for the full season, they need 773,973 over the last 23 games or 33,651 average per game.

Either total (2.4 mil or 2.43 mil) would place the Sox with the 4th highest attendance in team history behind the 91-93 seasons.

The Twins and Yanks ar nearly sold out (Supposedly Friday and Sat Yanks games are sold out). Detroit weekend series should also be near sold out, KC not sure, but LA definitely near sold out. I would imagine if the Sox have not clinched by the 19th - which hopefully they will have - the Cleveland series will be close to a sell out and Minnesota - being the last homestand will definitely be close to a sell out. I think they can hit 2.4 easy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
The Twins and Yanks ar nearly sold out (Supposedly Friday and Sat Yanks games are sold out). Detroit weekend series should also be near sold out, KC not sure, but LA definitely near sold out. I would imagine if the Sox have not clinched by the 19th - which hopefully they will have - the Cleveland series will be close to a sell out and Minnesota - being the last homestand will definitely be close to a sell out. I think they can hit 2.4 easy.

It'll be interesting because there are a couple of clunkers for series coming up as well though. Looking at that midweek series's with KC and Cle in September look like crap, but they do have some good series too... They have Anaheim coming in that could be billed a playoff preview if Oakland keeps streaking, plus the two Twins series. I really hope that they make it.