Wow.. sounds like a fun game... NOT!

Steff

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/13/choking.game.ap/index.html

Boy dies playing 'passing out game,' officials believe

Wednesday, July 13, 2005; Posted: 10:29 a.m. EDT (14:29 GMT)

Younger kids don't know that they can die from this, that it's a very dangerous activity.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- A 10-year-old boy was found dead, hanging from a tree, apparently killed while trying to get high by playing the "pass-out game," authorities said.

Dalton Eby may be the second Idaho child killed in recent months while playing a choking game, trying to cut off the oxygen supply to the brain to achieve a type of "high."

Dalton's mother reported him missing last Thursday when he failed to return home after visiting a friend. Search and rescue crews found his body Friday in a tree near his Island Park home, the Fremont County sheriff's office said in a statement.

There was nothing at the scene suggesting that anyone else was involved, the sheriff's office said.

"During the course of the investigation it was learned that there is a game that is common knowledge to many of our youth. A game known as the 'pass-out game,' the 'fainting game,' the 'tingling game,' or the 'something dreaming game' -- to name a few," the statement added.

Dalton's parents had never heard of the game, and neither had the parents of his friends, the sheriff's office said.

That was also the case three months ago in Nampa, where 13-year-old Chelsea Dunn was found dead after apparently hanging herself in her closet.

An investigation was inconclusive, but Dunn's family believes she died accidentally while playing the game, which was popular with a group of girls at her school. Six girls at the school were suspended for a day after a security camera videotape showed the seventh-graders choking each other in a hallway.

Though the so-called game is new to many adults, it's likely something that children have been doing for a long time, said Connecticut-based child psychologist Dr. Lawrence Shapiro, author of "The Secret Language of Children: How to Understand What Your Kids are Really Saying."

"That's scary," Shapiro said.

In addition to talking to kids about drugs and alcohol, parents should discuss other risky behavior, like the pass-out game, Shapiro said.

"Younger kids don't know that they can die from this, that it's a very dangerous activity," Shapiro said.

Nathan Hoiosen, a school resource officer with the Nampa Police Department, said youngsters think the choking game offers a safe buzz compared with drinking or doing drugs.

"You wish you could just take the kids and shake them and say, 'What are you thinking?"' Hoiosen said.

I can honestly say that I've never even thought about hanging myself to acheive a high, there are much safer and most likely more affective methods.

I'm gonna put this in the same boat as Auto-erotic asphyxiation except now you got 10 year old kids doing this s***.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
I can honestly say that I've never even thought about hanging myself to acheive a high, there are much safer and most likely more affective methods.

I'm gonna put this in the same boat as Auto-erotic asphyxiation except now you got 10 year old kids doing this s***.

I was thinking the same thing. This should be left in the hands of people skilled and trained in various fetishes :D

I actually did something similiar once when I was younger. It probably wasn't the smartest thing I ever did and don't advise anyone else to go and try it.

I was with a couple of my friends (of course) and one of them told me about how you can make yourself pass out. All you have to do is stand with your back against the wall and then lean over and take a few deep breaths. Then take a big breath and hold it as you stand up and lean your head back. Then take your hands and put them on either side of your neck. Palms on the front of your neck, fingers towards the back, thumbs down. Press back a little with your hands and you basically cut off your windpipe.

It's not *quite* as dangerous because your hands will fall if you do pass out and you'll start to breath again.

I did it and was actually out for a few seconds. When I woke up it took me 9 or 10 seconds to realize what happened and why my friends were all looking at me wide-eyed...

I actually did something similiar once when I was younger. It probably wasn't the smartest thing I ever did and don't advise anyone else to go and try it.

I was with a couple of my friends (of course) and one of them told me about how you can make yourself pass out. All you have to do is stand with your back against the wall and then lean over and take a few deep breaths. Then take a big breath and hold it as you stand up and lean your head back. Then take your hands and put them on either side of your neck. Palms on the front of your neck, fingers towards the back, thumbs down. Press back a little with your hands and you basically cut off your windpipe.

It's not *quite* as dangerous because your hands will fall if you do pass out and you'll start to breath again.

I did it and was actually out for a few seconds. When I woke up it took me 9 or 10 seconds to realize what happened and why my friends were all looking at me wide-eyed...

The reason tehy looked at you liked that is becasue you were running or dancing or something.

You had a dream. Just dont remember it.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
The reason tehy looked at you liked that is becasue you were running or dancing or something.

You had a dream.  Just dont remember it.

I remember it to this day.

I dreamed I was on a merry-go-round that was going way too fast and I was holding on while my legs flew out behind me.

They said I was lying in the floor shaking before I got up...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=164824

I would have to say this kid convinced me that losing oxygen to the brain is not desired.  Check out his eyes when he goes down.

That looks so much fun!!!!!!

It's on my list of things to try...right after Russian Roulette