White Sox in the World Series

the People's Champ

Ok

Hypothetically

If the Sox went to the World Series this year and you were told that this is the last time that they would make it there in your lifetime, and you were given these choices which would you choose:

1) Their opponents are the absolute weakest team in the league so they are guaranteed a win, but are subject to carrying the title of fluke champion.

~or~

2) Their opponents are the best team(or next best team assuming the Sox are the best). And risk the chance of them not winning at all.

thats a tough one for me I'll answer later

What "weak" team makes the post-season. the Cards are great, San Diego is good, the Nationals are good and so are the Braves. Hell if you make the World Series how can you be considered weak. Just give me the win. If you make the playoffs, 99% of the time, you are not weak.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(papachiba69 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
@0 years later no one is going care how tough the opponent is, only that the sox won.  Anyway the NL team couldn't be that weak, they would have not only had to make it to the playoffs but win two series to play the Sox

C'mon now guys humor me ok? I did say hypothetically

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
C'mon now guys humor me ok?  I did say hypothetically

I just think it's going be unanimous though. We all want to see this team win so bad; none of us care who we're playing.

I follow this team, and I want to see them win the World Series. I don't root for this team to play a particular team in the World Series, and THEN win the series.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
I just think it's going be unanimous though.  We all want to see this team win so bad; none of us care who we're playing. 

I follow this team, and I want to see them win the World Series.  I don't root for this team to play a particular team in the World Series, and THEN win the series.

I see what your saying, I too would almost have to go with option 1. but wouldn't it be just the Sox luck if it did happen that way, I mean with the evident lack of respect we get in the baseball world. I would just love to have them win one just so they can tell everyone else :finger

Hypothetically...if you could give me 4 world series games against the Royals...I would never enjoy 4 games more in my life.

1 title in my lifetime is all I want right now. I promise I'll get more greedy if we get one, but damnation, we've got to get the first.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Hypothetically...if you could give me 4 world series games against the Royals...I would never enjoy 4 games more in my life.

1 title in my lifetime is all I want right now.  I promise I'll get more greedy if we get one, but damnation, we've got to get the first.

Don't worry.... This is the White Sox Dynasy Year 1 :snr