The AJ Burnett 24 Hour Window Thread

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Fact is, they want to get rid of Lowell.  And they wont have AJ past this season, so its either get nothing for them, or some good players, including our #1 prospect and one of the most dependable lefties for the last 4 years in the AL.

the last 4 years does not concern me whatsoever

We are not playing in the past are we? So who cares about it? He looks like crap lately and may be injured. Brandon McCarthy will never be AJ Burnett and he wont help us at all this year.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Don't know if this has been posted yet.

via rotoworld.

It looks as if that is incorrect because the Scora has reported that Lowell will be involved????

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
If we are truly getting Lowell in this deal, this is Konerko's last season on the southside. If not, this is still Konerko's last season on the southside. Hopefully.

Fixed. :D

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
I am listening to 670 AM and they are reporting that they are finalizing it. They are trying to agree on how much the Marlins will pay of the remainder of Lowell's contract and the Sox are also trying to negotiate with AJ Burnett to sign a new deal.

*jumps on table and does the happy dance*

But Lowell? What are we going to do with him? Will Crede be trade bait then? Who will be our third baseman?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
Did Mike North report that we are after Lyle Overbay? If so who told him this? I hate North and he seems to make s*** up. My buddy told me that North said this and I am just trying to confirm i.

I don't think we are after him. If we were, that would be f'n great, but the whole "chemistry" comes into play. The White Sox don't want to get rid of too many pieces. Frankly, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Marte will receive $500,000 in 2004, $1.25 million in 2005 and $2.25 million in 2006. The $4.5 million deal with club options for $3 million per year in 2007 and 2008 with a $250,000 buyout.

I guess it's not that lopsided after all. The Marlins get two cheap players till 2008 for Burnett(FA) and a $7,500,000 Lowell.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Did Mike North report that we are after Lyle Overbay? If so who told him this? I hate North and he seems to make s*** up. My buddy told me that North said this and I am just trying to confirm i.

He did say it. He did not say where he heard it. Did not even hint where he heard it from. So I didn't bother to post that garbage.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
the last 4 years does not concern me whatsoever

We are not playing in the past are we? So who cares about it? He looks like crap lately and may be injured. Brandon McCarthy will never be AJ Burnett and he wont help us at all this year.

Exactly...this is my whole thought pattern. I want to win now, even if it means aquiring Kerry Wood part 2. If this overbay thing ever happened I would do that too.

Ozzie knows Lowell. If he want's him on his team, I trust him. KW considers every possible factor when acquiring players including chemistry and the new steroid policy. He did great this offseason. If KW wants him on the team, I trust him. If Lowell continues to come out of his slump, this could turn out to be a great move. Has there been a noticable change in Lowell's physical size this year? Not accusing anyone of anything, just searching for a reason for his slump and Florida's egerness to trade him.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)

I hope his sources are great cause that would be so awesome. His is a good bat from the left side and his defense is nearley flawless. Career .939 FPCT. Doesnt make sense unless the trade Konerko which probably wont happen.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
I hope his sources are great cause that would be so awesome.  His is a good bat from the left side and his defense is nearley flawless.  Career .939 FPCT.  Doesnt make sense unless the trade Konerko which probably wont happen.

I doubt very much that he has any sources. I think he makes s*** up and see if it will stick. He is a big jagoff.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Has there been a noticable change in Lowell's physical size this year?  Not accusing anyone of anything, just searching for a reason for his slump and Florida's egerness to trade him.

Careful!

Sounds like a deal that could help the Whitesox win it this year but anyone else a little worried about the eery similarilities to the Willis for Clement trade made by the Cubs. Clement is solid and the Cubs did have him for a couple years but Willis looks pretty dominant thus far in his young career. We may only get AJ for 3 months and lose McCarthy. I think this is just an off-year for Lowell and he is a big time clutch player so hopefully we pull the trigger. I just hope we don't give up any more active roster guys, not named Timo or Willie.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
I do not want lowell unless the Marlins pay atleast 2/3 of his contract.  Plus where would we put Crede?

i was asking myself the same question. Maybe Lowell will play some DH, maybe Crede will be dealt- maybe Lowell can play some 1B to give Pauly some days off- sorry Gload fans- that means Gload will be sent back down. I don't understand this whole Lowell being added. Unless Everett is involved in this deal? I hope not! Someone please tell me whats going on with this deal!!?!?!?!