Who are you "rooting" for?

ceffa2000

Who do you want to win the AL wild card race?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the AL wild card race?

• Minnesota
    • Oakland
    • New York
    • Baltimore
    • Cleveland

I gotta take Baltimore. I don't want to see Oakland for obvious reasons. I don't want to see the Twins because I still think they are a decent club and they've owned us the past 4 years when it mattered (of course in the ALCS I'd live with it). I don't really want to see the Yankees because they can still rake, Rivera/Gordon can do some damage, and you never know when Johnson/Mussina is going to nail you. Again, I'd wouldn't complain too much about the Yanks because of their inconsistent pitching, but they wouldn't be my first choice. Cleveland would be a team I'd love to face in the ALCS, but I don't want them getting the wildcard because I think the odds are good that the Angels/Boston would stomp them, allowing those teams to lineup their rotation against us. Baltimore winds up as my favored team because their starting pitchers are mediocre at best (Bedard looks decent, but not against Buehrle/Garland/Garcia), their pen is basically B.J. Ryan, and most importantly, I don't think their offense is as good as advertised. Tejada is a beast, no question, and Palmeiro is still okay. However, Mora is only a decent hitter, and Roberts has tailed off considerably since his hot start. The rest of their lineup hasn't done that much. Mora just can't beat you on his own, and Roberts is realistically about a .280 hitter. They're highly beatable, which is why I'd want to play them, and why I doubt they'll be there.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Yep. There are 2 teams I fear in the AL. #1 is the A's by far. #2 the Angels kinda have that west coast thing to. I have no fear for the Yanks or Sawx or anyone else that division can throw at us.

I believe we won 2 out of 4 in Anaheim this year, so I am not so much concerned about them. I would most prefer it not be Oakland because they match up best against our pitching. If we change our pitching equation a bit by adding someone like Burnett, Schmidt, Wagner, etc. (i.e. power), I would be more comfortable matching up with them.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

I voted Spankees because I hate them, and would love to beat them, and no matter what their record is, once the playoffs start, every media person will STILL think they're going to win it if they're in it, so we could shove that down their throats.

Can I vote for a first round bye?

I don't want Oakland in there, I don't want Minnesota, I don't want the Yankees, and Baltimore has about as much chance of getting in there with their current roster as I do with hooking up with Jessica Simpson. Detroit doesn't have the pitching, neither does Cleveland, neither does Texas, and Toronto is a pushover right now(though the last 4 really have little chance of doing anything anyways)

Picking poisons here, I'll take New York...I guess :huh

Clevland.

With javy lopez coming back and add more pitcher to their rotation.. I can see batlimore winning the East..

Now if Oakland wins it.. People this is a sign of the end of the world.. Let me explain..

They can't win a playoff series, and well we can't beat them..If one of the other happends.. The world as we know it is over. Pack up your goods.. its time to say goodbye.