The calm before the storm?

VAfan

Soxfan1, is that really your picture on your sig? That is why age is a big issue...you should remove your 7th grade yearbook picture from the sig. Put an updated pic or wait to put a pic back up when you start shaving at least once every two weeks. Although you seem very knowledgable about the Sox, its hard to take you seriously when it looks like you are a sad 12-year-old from Danville, IL wearing old school fashions.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
there is a test for it. It's esay to find. Just take a blood sample and test for the levels of growth hormone. The problem is professional sports unions have kept the drug testing to urine samples only. It doesn't matter if it is banned in the policy, if they don't test for it, you won't catch them.

You misunderstood me. You are right there is a test for it, but MLB doesn't have a test for it. And you are right about the last sentence and that is what I said as well. I just wanted to clarify it for others that it is in fact a banned substance by MLB. I didn't want others to think that it wasn't.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Soxfan1, is that really your picture on your sig?  That is why age is a big issue...you should remove your 7th grade yearbook picture from the sig.  Put an updated pic or wait to put a pic back up when you start shaving at least once every two weeks.  Although you seem very knowledgable about the Sox, its hard to take you seriously when it looks like you are a sad 12-year-old from Danville, IL wearing old school fashions.

:huh: No that is not me, that is my 11 year old brother. He dared me to put a sig of him on here...

:headshake Well, I'm sorry that an older picture of me is wearing on your mind and prevents you from posting knowledgeably.....

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
:headshake Well, I'm sorry that an older picture of me is wearing on your mind and prevents you from posting knowledgeably.....

No, I can post knowledgably. I was just answering your question. I have nothing against you but you asked a question and I felt I should answer. And its unbiased coming from me because I am new to the board and don't have a history of what you are like or not like. I just let you know what I gathered from my short time on the board.

BTW, tell your 11-year-old bro that he looks like he is 12.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
You misunderstood me. You are right there is a test for it, but MLB doesn't have a test for it. And you are right about the last sentence and that is what I said as well. I just wanted to clarify it for others that it is in fact a banned substance by MLB. I didn't want others to think that it wasn't.

Gotcha, sorry.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
No,  I can post knowledgably.  I was just answering your question.  I have nothing against you but you asked a question and I felt I should answer.  And its unbiased coming from me because I am new to the board and don't have a history of what you are like or not like.  I just let you know what I gathered from my short time on the board.

BTW, tell your 11-year-old bro that he looks like he is 12.

That wasn't serious was it???

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
These rumors come out of BOS that CLE is going to become a seller & offer Wickman & Howry.  That makes no sense!  They are just 2.5 gb Minny in the WC race & playing as good as Minny right now.  Minny is clearly a buyer so how does CLE justify selling to their fans?

The most likely contenders in the AL turning sellers are TEX & BAL.  DET is playing better ball than both of them so I don't see them selling.

In the NL the most likely contenders to turn sellers are WAS & PHI.  MIL is playing better than both of them so I don't see them selling.

Wagner is easily the most coveted talent of the 4 teams so all eyes are on PHI. 

Of course the bottom 6 are charging insane prices trying to create an expensive trade market.  That's having a dominoe effect on the 4 above.  You have to believe that price is going to drop quickly as the clock continues to click towards the clearance hour.

I've also heard CLE might be shopping Kevin Millwood.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
1.)  I'll be pissed if Wickman goes to Boston.

I'd stand up, wave my arms and cheer. Chubby Bob Wickman trying to nail down playoff wins??? The Sox would never be out of a ballgame against the Red Sox...

Who besides me still thinks that AJ Burnett will be a White Sox. I mean this deal would make so much sense for both sides. The Sox would get an Ace and he would fit into the rotation very nicely. Also Florida needs Bullpen help badly. They are still in the Wild Card race. Marte would fit the bill as a Lefty Setup man that they need badly. Their rotation is fine and McCarthy would be a good addition to that team for years to come. It just makes to much sense.

BP is high on Schmidt & Griffey & so am I. With Thomas down we need a solid playoff caliber DH. Everett is a not it. Griffey meets that requirement.

Can Griffey play 1B in his wanning years? If so the trade makes great sense because then the WSox would like be the favorites with Griffey at 1B & Thomas at DH in the middle of the lineup. If he can't & DH is all that makes sense then I'm not sure if a healthy Griffey Jr offers more than a healthy Thomas.

I really like Schmidt because he has the resume that spells post season success. He's not only talented he's smart. If he doesn't have his best stuff he's more capable of keeping his team in the game than Burnett.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
BP is high on Schmidt & Griffey & so am I.  With Thomas down we need a solid playoff caliber DH.  Everett is a not it.  Griffey meets that requirement.

Can Griffey play 1B in his wanning years?  If so the trade makes great sense because then the WSox would like be the favorites with Griffey at 1B & Thomas at DH in the middle of the lineup.  If he can't & DH is all that makes sense then I'm not sure if a healthy Griffey Jr offers more than a healthy Thomas.

I really like Schmidt because he has the resume that spells post season success.  He's not only talented he's smart.  If he doesn't have his best stuff he's more capable of keeping his team in the game than Burnett.

Im sold on schmidt, but not Griffey. I dont think we are going to do anything other than add a bullpen arm, and maybe a bat at this point. I dont see the starting rotation changing.