Shingo Time

AddisonStSox

Per Roto:

Today marks the 10th day since the White Sox designated Shingo Takatsu for assignment.

Chicago must trade Takatsu, sign him to a minor league contract or let him become a free agent. The White Sox reportedly had a deal to trade Takatsu last week, but it has since fallen apart.

Track what goes on here.

I'll be Josh is creaming himself with antica-

pation

I know, I know, playing armchair GM here, but I wonder if Kenny could package Shingo along with Willie for Ryan Freel.

Why would the Reds be interested in Willie? He provides smiliar numbers and could slide into 2B on the depth chart for the next few years.

Why would the Reds be interested in Shingo? Beats me. :P Perhaps they wouldn't mind taking on that contract if they felt it would help lead to more W's by setting up or closing out ballgames.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I know, I know, playing armchair GM here, but I wonder if Kenny could package Shingo along with Willie for Ryan Freel.

Why would the Reds be interested in Willie?  He provides smiliar numbers and could slide into 2B on the depth chart for the next few years.

Why would the Reds be interested in Shingo? Beats me. :P  Perhaps they wouldn't mind taking on that contract if they felt it would help lead to more W's by setting up or closing out ballgames.

freel would be a good fit. strangely enough i was thinking about him this morning when i heard he stole five bases last night.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)

Why would the Reds be interested in Willie?  He provides smiliar numbers and could slide into 2B on the depth chart for the next few years.

Why would the Reds be interested in Shingo? Beats me. :P  Perhaps they wouldn't mind taking on that contract if they felt it would help lead to more W's by setting up or closing out ballgames.

no. I think freel is not gonna be traded because he is cheap and he can play a bunch of positions. Also the reds would want young players.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)

I love it when you analyze!

no.  I think freel is not gonna be traded because he is cheap and he can play a bunch of positions.  Also the reds would want young players.

That's easy, give them young players. Problem solved.

yes for guys like Kearns, Milton, and maybe Pena.  I just think Freel is the guy they won't trade.

Josh, I agree they probably don't want to trade him. I would also say everyone has their price. Freel is a perfect fit for the White Sox and I suspect whoever wants him would have to overpay. Trade deadline is about 72 hours from now, we'll see what happens.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Josh, I agree they probably don't want to trade him.  I would also say everyone has their price.  Freel is a perfect fit for the White Sox and I suspect whoever wants him would have to overpay.  Trade deadline is about 72 hours from now, we'll see what happens.

i would love freel. He can play 4 or 5 different positions and he would be a perfect utility guy. The reds have a lot of talent that they can trade right now.

Well there you go Josh, you got your wish and maybe Shingo can do some mop up work for the White Sox in September.

What this tells you though, is that no other team thought enough of his talents to give up even a marginal prospect.

This is due to Shingo's abilities by the way.

I'm just thinking... when is Vizcaino going to get the boot? 'Cause he brings absolutely nothing to this team, except, well, getting hit hard.

He's got a WHIP of 1.56.

Opponents are hitting .361 against him... (gag)

He can't even bail himself out by striking out guys -- 5.11 per nine.

Worst of all, he's a one pitch pitcher. His fastball is straight as an arrow, so he doesn't throw it. Instead, he throws his slider every single time. And eventually, he hangs one, and it gets hit -- hard.

Truth be told, there's four guys at Charlotte who I'd rather have over him.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
it wasnt the authentic it was one of those that are a t-shirt, but they say the players name on the back and a sox logo on the front

Aww, you should have said t-shirt then. I was about to scream lol. I'm glad he is staying. If he can get his s*** straight in AAA, it would only mean good things for the Sox.