Idea about Big Frank

So from what I read, he's going to be immobilized in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks. I would hope that he would entertain the thought of throwing out the first ball at the Cell for the first playoff game. You know what kind of response the fans would give him. Now, he may not want to do it because of the obvious disappointment in his not being able to play, but I hope the Sox ask him to do this.

Of course, with his arm........

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
So from what I read, he's going to be immobilized in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks. I would hope that he would entertain the thought of throwing out the first ball at the Cell for the first playoff game. You know what kind of response the fans would give him. Now, he may not want to do it because of the obvious disappointment in his not being able to play, but I hope the Sox ask him to do this.

As long as he doesn't have to throw to the shortstop on a 3-6-3 DP.

AIR MAIL!!!!

:D

QUOTE(jamslam @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Big Frank will retire after the season, No wheels and can't play in pain anymore

:gosoxretro:

I don't know about that.

I think being as close to 500 HR as he is, he'll try to catch on somewhere if (when) he's bought out. The Sox will maybe try to reach a low-money contract with Frank, but I don't know if Frank's pride will let him do that.

I guess what I'm saying is that if Frank retires, it won't be exactly HIS idea.

As for throwing out the first pitch, I think it's a nice idea, but maybe that would make it look like Frank is an ex-player, and then we go back to the pride thing.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 06:11 AM)

We've got to get to the playoffs first for this idea to happen.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
It is over for Big Frank.

Poor Guy.  Too bad it's gonna end on an injury note.

it really sucks because the guy can still mash the ball and be productive....i mean if he could stay healthy he could hit 40-plus homers but he just can't......i'm not so sure he won't give it one last try though....i hope anyways

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
If Frank retires I would be shocked. He knows he can still hit. That lower leg area was like a toothpick. If he can build muscle to better support the bone structure while rehabbing I definitely see him giving it another shot.

I just hope if he does give it another go, it's here. I'd be crushed to see him play MLB in a uniform that's not the White Sox.