White Sox preserve core at deadline...

bjm676

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
And they think they're speaking for all of us.  So they're getting deservedly ripped.

I'm just saying that it sounds like people think a good portion of us are mad at KW. I'm seeing a lot of "all of you guys that are pissed at KW" and just wanted to clear up that there's hardly anyone that's angry with him.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
This is a low risk, high reward move.

If Blum helps us, that's great.  If he doesn't, well, we gave up Ryan Meaux.

Point made.

I can live with no big moves, but I was hoping for Guardado or Wagner simply because I think we'd be better served shortening the games with Politte/Cotts in the 7th, Marte/Hermy in the 8th and then Guardado/Wagner in the 9th.

Since it didn't happen, back to business as usual.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
The people who are criticizing KW for not making a major trade are people who just want to make trade for the sake of making trade.  The trading market is as dry as the desert.  If you want a glass of water, you have to pay an arm and a leg. 

To those people, what would have you done if you were KW?  Would you trade away Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, etc?  I don't believe you know what you really want!

And yet the Braves got Farnsworth for a reasonable price, same for the Marlins and Villone and even the DBacks and Groom.

Maybe it was a dry market or maybe it was a market not to persue the big names. I don't know if we'll regret not replacing Bobby Jenks spot on the roster but we are putting all our hopes on Hermy's achy back and there's a chance for alot of regret there.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
And yet the Braves got Farnsworth for a reasonable price, same for the Marlins and Villone and even the DBacks and Groom.

Maybe it was a dry market or maybe it was a market not to persue the big names. I don't know if we'll regret not replacing Bobby Jenks spot on the roster but we are putting all our hopes on Hermy's achy back and there's a chance for alot of regret there.

From what I understand, one of those pitchers the Tigers got is a stud. Would you have traded BMac for him? Maybe we have a Farnsworth quality in Jenks, maybe not. Is Farnsworth a lock down closer ... in Chicago? I think not. Jenks may very well be better for the Sox than we could ever hope for out of Farns.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
From what I understand, one of those pitchers the Tigers got is a stud.  Would you have traded BMac for him?  Maybe we have a Farnsworth quality in Jenks, maybe not.  Is Farnsworth a lock down closer ... in Chicago? I think not.  Jenks may very well be better for the Sox than we could ever hope for out of Farns.

You also have to add in there that the Tigers probably wouldn't have much interest in helping out the White Sox.