Bar near the Cell?

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Taking clients to the game Saturday. Can you guys suggest a bar to go to before the game at like 3:00? I'm looking for like a nice bar and grill type place, with maybe a beer garden. I'm otta touch with the neighborhood.

Suggestions and locations?

the closest bar is Jimbo's on 33rd and Princeton. That's the most popular I would say ... even though the owner is a Cubs fan.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Taking clients to the game Saturday. Can you guys suggest a bar to go to before the game at like 3:00? I'm looking for like a nice bar and grill type place, with maybe a beer garden. I'm otta touch with the neighborhood.

Suggestions and locations?

Puffer's on 33rd and Halsted is nice..they have a patio in the back and usually serve food before day games.

Jimbo's across from Armour Square (the park next to the lot) has an outdoor cafe that serves food next to it.

There are several bars/restaurants on 31st street from Wentworth to Halsted. All these bars are walking distance but about quarter to half a mile from the stadium so if your clients don't want to walk too much Jimbo's is the best bet.

There are actually quite a few bars and restaurants in Bridgeport/South Chinatown..but unlike Wrigley they are more scattered throughout the area and known mostly to locals.

QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
the closest bar is Jimbo's on 33rd and Princeton. That's the most popular I would say ... even though the owner is a Cubs fan.

Jimbo is a Sox fan - his kid is the Cub fan. Poor bastard.

You won't go wrong at Jimbo's, it gives you a real feel for the neighborhood and it'll be active, so the clients will appreciate it. Plus it has that "we'll just walk over to the game" vibe.

Puffers has all kinds of different beers on draft, so if you're with beer geeks, that's a good spot.

Damn, I can't think of the name of these places but there are 2-3 good little bars with beer gardens in the 4200 block of Wallace Street (Dan Ryan to 39th, go west to Wallace, go south). They are friendly cop/fireman bar places and one in particular has a really nice outdoor garden.

But you know what, with clients, Jimbo's is probably your best bet before the game. I will probably see you in there in fact.

Go to RicoBenes.. Just word of advise..Bring Baby Wipes.. you will need them!

For what, to clean off the tables?

Actually, Ricobene's is a good choice for Sat. afternoons, it is a great place to get some food on the cheap, you can park in the lot across the street, get pitchers of Michelob for $7 and go right down Wells to the parking lots.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
You won't go wrong at Jimbo's, it gives you a real feel for the neighborhood and it'll be active, so the clients will appreciate it.  Plus it has that "we'll just walk over to the game" vibe.

Puffers has all kinds of different beers on draft, so if you're with beer geeks, that's a good spot.

Damn, I can't think of the name of these places but there are 2-3 good little bars with beer gardens in the 4200 block of Wallace Street (Dan Ryan to 39th, go west to Wallace, go south).  They are friendly cop/fireman bar places and one in particular has a really nice outdoor garden.

But you know what, with clients, Jimbo's is probably your best bet before the game.  I will probably see you in there in fact.

The Village, Kelly's, Flapper's?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
You won't go wrong at Jimbo's, it gives you a real feel for the neighborhood and it'll be active, so the clients will appreciate it.  Plus it has that "we'll just walk over to the game" vibe.

Damn, I can't think of the name of these places but there are 2-3 good little bars with beer gardens in the 4200 block of Wallace Street (Dan Ryan to 39th, go west to Wallace, go south).  They are friendly cop/fireman bar places and one in particular has a really nice outdoor garden.

But you know what, with clients, Jimbo's is probably your best bet before the game.  I will probably see you in there in fact.

Probably me also. Since I am missing today I am going tomorrow, Friday and Saturday for sure.

Probably me also. Since I am missing today I am going tomorrow, Friday and Saturday for sure.

That whole putting money in a Cub fan's pocket thing kinda bugs me though. :bang

I didn't know he's a Cub fan, what's with that?

I guess it really doesn't matter, it's a fun place.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
That whole putting money in a Cub fan's pocket thing kinda bugs me though. :bang

I didn't know he's a Cub fan, what's with that?

I guess it really doesn't matter, it's a fun place.

It's just him. He likes the Sox.. but his first love is the Cubs. He puts a lot of money in their pockets thought. He goes to a lot of Sox games.

I am also under the legal age to partake in alcoholic drinks.

But I suggest Kelly's or the Village way before Flapper's.

Kelly's ... on the corner of 43rd and Wallace? Garden in the back?

Village ... location?

I think the food selection in both is very limited, yes?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Kelly's ... on the corner of 43rd and Wallace?  Garden in the back?

Village ... location?

I think the food selection in both is very limited, yes?

Kelly's is on 44th and Wallace. Yessum.

Village is on 40th (?) and Wallace.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea if either one even sells food. I've never asked in the limited amount of time I've been in either.