Ryan Franklin

Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Greenie's main point was that Palmeiro was saying that he 'couldn't" elaborate on the details, yet the rules about divulging that type of info are in place only to protect the player.  Then he had some lawyer on there that said there is nothing preventing RP from standing up and saying exactly what happened ... other than Raffy himself.

Ha, funny that you used that term in a discussion about banned substances. Either you stumbled upon a nice little joke, or you're pretty clever.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Ha, funny that you used that term in a discussion about banned substances.  Either you stumbled upon a nice little joke, or you're pretty clever.

Take the credit, Milkman. I just used his nickname.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Pudge won't test positive.  You know why?  Because he's off of steroids now.  The guy lost 30 pounds in the offseason and his power numbers have, let's say, diminished.

A guy would still have to be on steroids to test positive.

It looks to me like his power numbers are pretty much inline with his career #'s except for his ungodly stretch of '99-00.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Steroids aren't the only answer for players getting busted by the new policy.  For Bears fans, I'm sure you all remember Jim Miller getting suspended 4 games for violating the NFL's substance abuse program.  He never took steroids, but there was a banned substance in the suppliment he was taking that made him fail the drug test.  I'm not sure about what substances are banned by major league baseball, but I'd say that there's a good possibility that Palmiero and Franklin could have a similar case as Jim Miller.

I've got no pity for these guys, even if they fail due to a supplement. If you make millions of dollars a year in MLB, you better damn well know EXACTLY what you're putting in your body everytime you take a vitamin or supplement. A pro athlete's livelihood is based on their body, they should know more about what they ingest than any other living person....Jim Miller included.