Natalee Holloway Rant

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Nuke, don't tell me you have NEVER done anything stupid while drunk (like posting on soxtalk...)  :lol:

I get what you're saying, but I think you're being a little harsh.

She was stupid, and she paid the ultimate price, so why is that worthy of "you're a dumb b****, f*** off" treatment?

The only reason you'd say that is because the media has exploited her, to the point you feel that way, IMO.

I've done some things I later regretted when I was drunk, absolutely. But even in my most extremely schwacked moments I still have enough common sense not to run off with a group of strangers without some friends of my own there to watch my back. I know better and if she had an ounce of common sense she would still be alive and thats where the "dumb b****" statements come in. Frankly, she was a "dumb b****" and like I said earlier, the world is a little less stupid without her.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
I've done some things I later regretted when I was drunk, absolutely.  But even in my most extremely schwacked moments I still have enough common sense not to run off with a group of strangers without some friends of my own there to watch my back.  I know better and if she had an ounce of common sense she would still be alive and thats where the "dumb b****" statements come in.  Frankly, she was a "dumb b****" and like I said earlier,  the world is a little less stupid without her.

Maybe she didn't have any friends.

:lol:

I gotta get.

I get what you're saying, but I still think this is hyped up bulls*** by the media and now we're all just numb to it.

Anyway... :cheers have fun in Buttlanta.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Anyway...  :cheers have fun in Buttlanta.

I'm flying back in the morning.

Anyone who would travel here of their own free will is insane. People like me who were forced to come here because of business deserve more sympathy than Natalee "Born to lose" Holloway does.

I just thought of another way to get at this, but I don't think I want to open up the can of worms, but what the hell...

Nuke, you ever gone home with a chick on a one night stand who'd been drinking?

Who's more stupid, that chick, or you?

You both were asking for trouble, good thing neither of you found it, unless you are talking about the sex getting you in trouble.

Point is, raging hormones and alcohol make you make stupid ass decisions. Period. Ones that you probably wouldn't make sober.

It's a good thing you got friends that watch your back. Her friends suck, obviously, that's why she's dead.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
I refer back to my earlier post.

I sure as hell don't want one if she's gonna run off with 3 guys while drunk on vacation wasting my hard-earned money.

That would mean I failed as a father, and I can almost assure you it wouldn't happen on my watch.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I sure as hell don't want one if she's gonna run off with 3 guys while drunk on vacation wasting my hard-earned money.

That would mean I failed as a father, and I can almost assure you it wouldn't happen on my watch.

That is well-f***ing put. Nicely done.

Hey, and maybe it's a good thing that Natalee Holloway will never have kids. Imagine how f***ed up they would be.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:28 AM)

gees, people. YOU CAN'T JUDGE THAT.

Have you ever tried to bag a drunk, hot chick?

If you have, you've failed your parents.

:rolly

Stupid analogy? Yes? But it's not fair to judge her ... and the only reason we're talking about it is because the media are whores.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
I refer back to my earlier post.

I'll tell ya one thing. When I have children you had best believe that I'll teach them to be smarter than that floozy was. Her parents failed her in that they didn't instill an ounce of common sense into her empty head.

Natalee strikes me as a typical spoiled brat who couldn't function on her own for 5 minutes without someone right there making sure she didn't f*** something up. If parents are that aloof or that busy that they can't take time to properly raise children then maybe they shouldn't have them in the 1st place.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)

Almost.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:31 AM)
I'll tell ya one thing.  When I have children you had best believe that I'll teach them to be smarter than that floozy was.  Her parents failed her in that they didn't instill an ounce of common sense into her empty head. 

Natalee strikes me as a typical spoiled brat who couldn't function on her own for 5 minutes without someone right there making sure she didn't f*** something up.  If parents are that aloof or that busy that they can't take time to properly raise children then maybe they shouldn't have them in the 1st place.

Now there, I agree with you. You have to teach them reality. Like, you get drunk and want to go have a threesome, you're putting yourself in a pretty dangerous situation. DUH.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I just thought of another way to get at this, but I don't think I want to open up the can of worms, but what the hell...

Nuke, you ever gone home with a chick on a one night stand who'd been drinking?

Who's more stupid, that chick, or you?

You both were asking for trouble, good thing neither of you found it, unless you are talking about the sex getting you in trouble.

Point is, raging hormones and alcohol make you make stupid ass decisions.  Period.  Ones that you probably wouldn't make sober.

It's a good thing you got friends that watch your back.  Her friends suck, obviously, that's why she's dead.

I've never done the one-night-stand thing. Thats the truth. Call me old fashioned but I think you should know a woman for more then 2 hours before you take em to bed with you.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
I've never done the one-night-stand thing.  Thats the truth.  Call me old fashioned but I think you should know a woman for more then 2 hours before you take em to bed with you.

3 hours?

Have a safe trip back to AZ.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
gees, people.  YOU CAN'T JUDGE THAT.

Have you ever tried to bag a drunk, hot chick?

If you have, you've failed your parents.

:rolly

Stupid analogy?  Yes?  But it's not fair to judge her ... and the only reason we're talking about it is because the media are whores.

I agree with everything you've said. Everyone makes mistakes and stupid decisions, it's called being human.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I've never done the one-night-stand thing.  Thats the truth.  Call me old fashioned but I think you should know a woman for more then 2 hours before you take em to bed with you.

Pass that on if you have kids.

I think I'll be able to make mine as God-fearing with an extremely guilty conscience as I am. :P

Mistakes will be made, but let's teach 'em enough sense to not put themselves in that dangerous of a situation.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I'll tell ya one thing.  When I have children you had best believe that I'll teach them to be smarter than that floozy was.  Her parents failed her in that they didn't instill an ounce of common sense into her empty head. 

Natalee strikes me as a typical spoiled brat who couldn't function on her own for 5 minutes without someone right there making sure she didn't f*** something up.  If parents are that aloof or that busy that they can't take time to properly raise children then maybe they shouldn't have them in the 1st place.

I have three kids. When they are outside, so am I. That's wheter it's right in front of my house, or in the backyard. It's completely different than how I was raised. Sometimes I wonder if all the attention they (and a lot of other kids DO get) is what makes them so naive at 18.

Like I said earlier, the problem you should have is with the media coverage.

The girl obviously made a huge mistake. She paid the ultimate price. RIP. Rest in Peace.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
I have three kids.  When they are outside, so am I.  That's wheter it's right in front of my house, or in the backyard.  It's completely different than how I was raised.  Sometimes I wonder if all the attention they (and a lot of other kids DO get) is what makes them so naive at 18.

Like I said earlier, the problem you should have is with the media coverage. 

The girl obviously made a huge mistake. She paid the ultimate price.  RIP.  Rest in Peace.

Pieces. Rest in Pieces.

Anyway. You deserve credit for taking the time to properly supervise your kids and for being a good parent. Too bad there are so many parents who don't have such standards.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
That is well-f***ing put.  Nicely done.

Hey, and maybe it's a good thing that Natalee Holloway will never have kids.  Imagine how f***ed up they would be.

LOL!!!! 3rd generation spoiled? Now thats a scary thought.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Oh man, even I feel dirty after laughing at that.  Oh well, it seems I'm already on the express shuttle to hell.

Dude, its true. Since they havent found the body after 2 months+ of searching I think its safe to assume that the fishies or the worms had themselves a "stupid girl" buffet.

I guess I gotta chime in here...

I will admit she made a poor decision and nobody should be surprised she was killed for it. However, she still didn't deserve to die. Other then killing another person, there isn't much someone can do that they really deserve to die for. I won't judge Natalee, as sick as I am of seeing he face by now.

What I do have a problem with is the coverage she is getting compared to the lack of coverage all the other missing kids get. Kids are the most valuable thing in the world and in that regard, Natalee does deserve the coverage. However, so does every other missing kid! That isn't possible, but the exclusive coverage of Holloway suggests that what we have is a fairness issue at best, and more likely a class, status, and race issue going on too.

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
I guess I gotta chime in here...

I will admit she made a poor decision and nobody should be surprised she was killed for it.  However, she still didn't deserve to die.  Other then killing another person, there isn't much someone can do that they really deserve to die for.  I won't judge Natalee, as sick as I am of seeing he face by now.

What I do have a problem with is the coverage she is getting compared to the lack of coverage all the other missing kids get.  Kids are the most valuable thing in the world and in that regard, Natalee does deserve the coverage.  However, so does every other missing kid!  That isn't possible, but the exclusive coverage of Holloway suggests that what we have is a fairness issue at best, and more likely a class, status, and race issue going on too. 

SFF

That was my point. But ya know...