Ray Durham

Jim Fainter

Now Bmr.. where did I say I wanted the Sox to lose..?

Yeah.. thought so.

He can have a great game and the Sox can still win.

Personally I hope he hits for the cycle - he's on my fantasy team  ;)

Yeah you seem to have a lot of fantasies, lol :headbang

Absoultely!!! Lucky for me.. I don't have to blow up my partner ;)

Cuz he or she is already blown up on pizza right? :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t think that Jose is playing bad... Watching the game yesterday, Carlos Lee is so stupid and dumb, all pitches that were thrown to him by Meche yesterday was changeups... and he couldn´t hit it. He swings in a lot of bad pitches, i think that he forgot what he did last year... taking some walks. What we would get trading him??? JD Drew?

I don´t think that Jose is playing bad... Watching the game yesterday, Carlos Lee is so stupid and dumb, all pitches that were thrown to him by Meche yesterday was changeups... and he couldn´t hit it. He swings in a lot of bad pitches, i think that he forgot what he did last year... taking some walks. What we would get trading him??? JD Drew?

We wish.....i wouldnt give much for carlos lee.

You guys are unbelievable...

Let's go over this again for those who are slow on the uptake:

--without Jimenez-Ray switch, we don't.get.Colon. Granted Bartolo is stuck between being a power thrower and a finesse pitcher right now, but I think he will snap out of it and will contribute mightily; without him we stand no chane the way things are going.

--Ray's D, was pretty bad and considering DJ is only learning the position, I'd say it's a wash. Get back to me in 2 years.

--Jimenez has been at least as good as Ray offensively and is coming out of his huge slump. Also, considering the amount of "hard outs" DJ made this season, sooner or later they will start falling/going through.

-Baserunning? DJ was clearly safe at 2nd twice he was called out, that should have given him 4 SB for the year, the same amoung as Ray. Also, you don't seriously think Ray-Ray would have been safe on that play at the plate Sunday? Remember how much Ray used to get thrown out during his 25 SB days. He is a bit faster than DJ, but his speed is overrated and besides, considering 300K Jimenex is pulling, you don't seriously think you were getting Wilie Mays? Common that's just silly.

If anything else, Ray is 32 and DJ is 25 and not even in his prime yet.

After 31 games, here are the major underachievers ...

Not necessarily in order, but here they are:

Konerko.  Thomas.  Daubach.  Valentin.  Crede.  Lee.  Rowand (now gone).  Maybe even Ordonez, for all the DP's he's hitting into.

Koch.  White.  Colon and Buerhle have been average.  Garland.

Like Jimenez or not, he hasn't been underachieving.  I tend to agree Jimenez isn't the 2nd Coming and he does have holes in his game ... but he's not the reason this team is languishing.

I don't know how much valentin is "underachieving"

.263 avg, higher than his past 2 seasons, leading team in doubles, tied for lead in hr, 3rd in rbis, slugging .545, 3rd in total bases

i'd be wary to put him on the underachieving list with those guys, but that's just me.

don't know how much valentin is "underachieving"

.263 avg, higher than his past 2 seasons, leading team in doubles, tied for lead in hr, 3rd in rbis, slugging .545, 3rd in total bases

i'd be wary to put him on the underachieving list with those guys, but that's just me.

Don't forget those numbers have been negatively affected by the 2-week slump ala Jimenez and in the past Jose has always broken out as the weather has gotten hot.

If Jose stays heathy this season, I bet he set career highs in every category. 30-100 and even better clutch numbers is almost guaranteed if he plays 140+ games.

If my leadoff hitter is hitting .330 and actually has speed...he can drive in 30 runs if he wants to.

you can only drive in guys if they are on base in front of you, if he's batting .330 and not getting the rbi chances, that's not his fault. remember he has the pitcher batting in front of him also.

D'Angelo's on-base percentage: .408

Everyone can go shove their heads up their asses now. Even though D'Ang did struggle for a week or so, he was still hitting rockets right at people. His swing is fundamentally sound, and for f***s sake he takes around 5-7 pitches per at bat. Who did he kill to piss off everyone here?

Everyone can go shove their heads up their asses now. Even though D'Ang did struggle for a week or so, he was still hitting rockets right at people. His swing is fundamentally sound, and for f***s sake he takes around 5-7 pitches per at bat. Who did he kill to piss off everyone here?

Ray Durham

I agree with Cerbaho, why people hate him??? Why Klesko said that he is lazy, with his numbers so far he doesn´t look lazy to me!!! He swings in the first pitch only 7% of the time, it is impressive. He has more walks than Ks. He is doing the right thing...

why do people say D Lo is lazy?

Because I had no opinion of him until last saturday's game - Cameron (I think it was his at bat) smokes a ball by him, D Lo dived to try and make the play- that was cool -

but then when he missed making the play he remained laying down on the field while Daubach fielded the ball and 7 other players were also playing baseball -

but D Lo just laid there -

so what if he is pissed off that he missed making the play - get the f*** back up and stay in the game - he just laid there -

that I will not forget

why do people say D Lo is lazy?

Because I had no opinion of him until last saturday's game - Cameron (I think it was his at bat) smokes a ball by him, D Lo dived to try and make the play- that was cool -

but then when he missed making the play he remained laying down on the field while Daubach fielded the ball and 7 other players were also playing baseball -

but D Lo just laid there -

so what if he is pissed off that he missed making the play - get the f*** back up and stay in the game - he just laid there -

that I will not forget

Maybe he had an all-nighter the previous night? :D

I agree with Cerbaho, why people hate him??? 

For the same reason people hated Albert Belle...they need villains and scapegoats, and rumours have a way of undercutting facts and reality. I am sure DJ is not a nice guy, but so friggin' what?

This entire issue is a dead horse that was beaten, buried, dug out, sexually violated, buried again ad naseum. I wish people would get over St. Ray of Durham (who won't be batting .300 let alone .330 by the end of the year, trust me) and move the f*** on.

He is doing the right thing...

Whether he is the next Robbie Alomar or not would largely depend on his work ethic (or supposed lack thereof) and whether or not the neck break he suffered has any long-term affect. One thing is clear, he might be an all-star this year if Magglio, Colon don't right themselves. Bank on it.

Do you guys honestly believe it would of been in the best interest to give Ray a 7 mill a year type contract, long term (For 3 yrs or so)?

It depends.

You tell me we don't get Colon if we sign Ray...I don't sign him. You tell me we do get Colon even if we sign Ray...I sign him without thinking twice.

I guess what no one(including myself) has considered is that if we sign Ray long term....we can still get Colon. PK just doesn't get his extension....and that, IMO, is fine by me. We just have to know that a guy like Colon could come up and show up in a White Sox uniform before hand. That was about the worst move of the offseason by KW....giving PK a big contract....or atleast giving him $8 mill a year or so. That's way too much. $5 mill a year at most is what Konerko is worth, IMO.

Maybe he had an all-nighter the previous night?  :D

I am sure he did!

As I was watching him, when he misssed the play - and there was no way he could have made it - I was thinking, great hustle, great try!

and then he just laid there and the play kept happening -- runners running the bases, scoring, the ball being thrown into the infield - and D Lo laid there like a pouting child :angry:

Maybe he had an all-nighter the previous night?  :D

I am sure he did!

As I was watching him, when he misssed the play - and there was no way he could have made it - I was thinking, great hustle, great try!

and then he just laid there and the play kept happening -- runners running the bases, scoring, the ball being thrown into the infield - and D Lo laid there like a pouting child :angry:

Either he was trying to get a catnap real quick....or if he was pouting, his mom didn't let him get candy at the store. :lol:

Do you guys honestly believe it would of been in the best interest to give Ray a 7 mill a year type contract, long term (For 3 yrs or so)?

agreed, at that point Ray was outpriced for us -

I always had mixed feelings on Ray -

I loved him sometimes and other times felt there could be so much more - he never fulfileld the potential that I saw -

yet he gave us some great moments and while it was sadly time for him to go because of being over priced for what he offered, I will never trash him

I am glad we got 26yo Konerko and not 32yo aging speedster, anti-clutch Ray-Ray. I dare anyone to go back to July 2002 and read their own thoughts on the matter. They were singing a different tune I bet.

As much as I bashed him this year, I still think Konerko will soon break out of his premature midlife crisis and will be a star.