SportsCenter

clujer420

I'm watching SportsCenter, and they were showing clips of what's coming up on the show, and they showed Frank swinging. They didn't mention anything about it, but I think something on the Sox and/or Frank is coming up soon.

If it's anything good, I'll let ya guys know.

I'm watching SportsCenter, and they were showing clips of what's coming up on the show, and they showed Frank swinging.  They didn't mention anything about it, but I think something on the Sox and/or Frank is coming up soon.

If it's anything good, I'll let ya guys know.

I'm watching as well

10. Tracy McGrady

9. Grant Hill

8. Peyton Manning

7. Teppo Numminen

6. Frank Thomas

5. Gale Sayers

4. Ernie Banks

3. Kevin Garnett

2. OJ Simpson

1. Ted Williams

Top 10 athletes in any sport to never make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Shoulda known it would be something negative. ;)

Damn, I just missed Frank then. I tuned in during the middle of Gale Sayers

Within 2 years....4 or 5 of those names could be off the list. The least likely is Frank Thomas. If we fail this year...he'll stay on that list, unless he is playing somewhere else and winning.

10.  Tracy McGrady

9.  Grant Hill

8.  Peyton Manning

7.  Teppo Numminen

6.  Frank Thomas

5.  Gale Sayers

4.  Ernie Banks

3.  Kevin Garnett

2.  OJ Simpson

1.  Ted Williams

Top 10 athletes in any sport to never make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Shoulda known it would be something negative.  ;)

Most of the guys on that list are not choke artists, they just played for the wrong team. Gale Sayers remains the most exciting football player I ever saw.

10.  Tracy McGrady

9.  Grant Hill

8.  Peyton Manning

7.  Teppo Numminen

6.  Frank Thomas

5.  Gale Sayers

4.  Ernie Banks

3.  Kevin Garnett

2.  OJ Simpson

1.  Ted Williams

Most of the guys on that list are not choke artists, they just played for the wrong team. Gale Sayers remains the most exciting football player I ever saw.

Well with the newer guys I totally disagree. Frank is a choker. Did anyone see Mcgrady on the bench in the 4th quarter last night? He was laughing, despite his team getting crushed in a game 7. Garnett was laughing in the locker room after his game 6 loss. Winners take losses really hard. These guys are great talents, with no heart or drive to win. Grant hill? Possibly the biggest flop of a cant miss NBA player, that i have ever seen.

Karl Malone is an example of a great player, who never won a ring, and is still a winner. This guy works hard, plays great under pressure, and takes losing in the playoffs really hard. To me, Karl Malone will be remembered as a great great player, who was a winner, despite no ring.

Karl Malone is an example of a great player, who never won a ring, and is still a winner.  This guy works hard, plays great under pressure, and takes losing in the playoffs really hard.  To me, Karl Malone will be remembered as a great great player, who was a winner, despite no ring.

I'd rank Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and Ewing as NBA greats and no doubt HOF'ers, and of course none of them ever won a ring. A lot of winning has to do with luck really. All of the guys mentioned probably would have won at least 1 time had it not been for Jordan. Timing is everything in sports.

Karl Malone is a douche. Why does he do a half dropkcik every time he does a fadeaway? yeah, I no he does it to shield away defenders, but that's just cheesy.

Whatever it takes to get the job done. He'll be the all-time leader in points scored when he retires, so I'm sure he won't mind. And if he's smart, he'll take the $4.5M contract and come and play for the Lakers and finally get a ring. :D

I'd rank Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and Ewing as NBA greats and no doubt HOF'ers, and of course none of them ever won a ring.  A lot of winning has to do with luck really.  All of the guys mentioned probably would have won at least 1 time had it not been for Jordan.  Timing is everything in sports.

Dr J never won a ring?

I thought he did but I am too lazy to look it up

Karl Malone is an example of a great player, who never won a ring, and is still a winner.  This guy works hard, plays great under pressure, and takes losing in the playoffs really hard.  To me, Karl Malone will be remembered as a great great player, who was a winner, despite no ring.

malone had the misfortune of sharing his prime with MJ..that utah team in , when the hell was it (98?) was probably as good as team as there ever was not to win a title...jordan was just that great

10.  Tracy McGrady

9.  Grant Hill

8.  Peyton Manning

7.  Teppo Numminen

6.  Frank Thomas

5.  Gale Sayers

4.  Ernie Banks

3.  Kevin Garnett

2.  OJ Simpson

1.  Ted Williams

Where is the great Shame Sosa, Banks was on list they didnot want to piss of scrub fans.

Dayyyym!! I thought they won in the late 70's..?

I know they stunk up the joint in the late 80's early 90's. Jim Kelly...  :wub:

I still give Jim Kelly and the Bills a lot of credit for getting there 4 years in a row... and if not for Scott Norwood's "wide right" FG attempt, they would have one at least one.

Malone would have won one ring against the Bulls if that game six had been properly officiated. I think the guilty official was Bevetta, but not positive. He blew two shot clock calls, one each way, and both were against the Jazz and both were clearly wrong, resulting in either 5 or 6 points, plus that flagrant push off by Jordan against Byron Russell that won the game. I'm sure a lot of members here are Bulls' fans and I might get some disagreement. I hope Malone hangs around and breaks the all-time scoring record. There is a possibility he could do it in one season, but will probably fall just a little short next year. We'll see.