36 members have voted

1. 1. Which state is worse?

• Iowa
    • Nebraska

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
with that theory, North Dakota must be  great too.  Nebraska is not much further from Cities as Chicago, Kansas City, and Denver. Try harder chisoxy girl, I know you are capable of it.

If you are talking about eastern North Dakota, maybe...in the Fargo area mainly.

Else...North Dakota is atleast 7 hours away from anything too. In other words, the suck...like a bigger suck than even Nebraska and Iowa. Atleast those states have PEOPLE. When the biggest city in your state has like 100,000 people in it, your state sucks...lol.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
If you are talking about eastern North Dakota, maybe...in the Fargo area mainly. 

Else...North Dakota is atleast 7 hours away from anything too.  In other words, the suck...like a bigger suck than even Nebraska and Iowa.  Atleast those states have PEOPLE.  When the biggest city in your state has like 100,000 people in it, your state sucks...lol.

Confession: I have never been to ND. I retract my statement about it sucking. :) Im sure ND has it's cool points too.

I live like 2 hours away from the Twin Cities but I can't stand them, mostly because I don't like Minnesota. Minnesota likes to try to pick on Iowa, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas. That's all they try to do, but anyways Iowa's state fair is going on right now and RAGBRAI just got done. That brings people from all over the world to Iowa. I'd say Des Moines is a dump though, I don't really like that city either. But at least Iowa has decent size cities all around. Right next to Omaha is Council Bluffs, there's Souix City, Waterloo, Des Moines, Ames, Dubuque, and Davenport, part of the Quad Cities. Nebraska basically has Omaha and Lincoln.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Don't forget Cedar Rapids and Iowa City which are essentially right next to eachother. 

Davenport is decent, parts of the downtown are kind of rundown, but the stuff by the river, especially around the baseball stadium, is pretty nice.

Yeah, stupid me, I knew I was forgetting some. I forgot the #2 biggest city in Iowa which is Cedar Rapids.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Confession: I have never been to ND.  I retract my statement about it sucking.  :)  Im sure ND has it's cool points too.

North Dakota = boring.

Hills, hay fields, more hay fields.

Then you hit Bismarck.

Bismarck is a lot like Peoria.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
North Dakota = boring.

Hills, hay fields, more hay fields.

Then you hit Bismarck.

Bismarck is a lot like Peoria.

There are a lot of trailer courts here it seems. And the Capitol building is ugly.

However, if you go west from Bismarck, you just so happen to run into the world's biggest cow. I think it's the worlds biggest cow anyways.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
There are a lot of trailer courts here it seems.  And the Capitol building is ugly.

However, if you go west from Bismarck, you just so happen to run into the world's biggest cow.  I think it's the worlds biggest cow anyways.

North Dakota...we suck, but we have the worlds biggest cow.