HELL YEAH

nitetrain8601

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me where the hell I was complaining :dips***.

And complaining about attendance...? Me...? GMAFB...  :headshake

Show you where?

We kill these bastards and what do you say? You grumble about the size of our park.

Youre not worth my time. In all honesty, I'd rather argue about something relevant and meaningful with somebody who doesnt complain after a great win.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Show you where?

We kill these bastards and what do you say?  You grumble about the size of our park.

Youre not worth my time.  In all honesty, I'd rather argue about something relevant and meaningful with somebody who doesnt complain after a great win.

Like I said.. GMAFB.. I didn't complain about s***. ASSume all you want, you play a good fool.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Takes one to know one.

I know you are but what am I... :rolly

Last time... me.. complain about attendance.. GMAFB.. anyone with half a brain and comprehension skills knows that I am the last person around here to complain about attendance..

And how did saying how cool it would be to have a big park like that become a complaint about attendance..? :headshake

:dips***

Duke ... I can very safely tell you that you misinterpreted her remarks. She talked about the size of Yankee Stadium in the context of it holding a lot more people. More people = higher payroll which we all would love to have.

As Steff said, she is the last one to b**** about attendance. You have this whole thing wrong, trust me.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Duke ... I can very safely tell you that you misinterpreted her remarks.  She talked about the size of Yankee Stadium in the context of it holding a lot more people.  More people = higher payroll which we all would love to have.

As Steff said, she is the last one to b**** about attendance.  You have this whole thing wrong, trust me.

Actually I just think it would be cool to have 50K fans in one place screaming for the Sox. I am in awe when we go to Bears games. Hell.. I just about peed my pants when we went to the NASCAR race in Joliet.. :lol: Holy crap there were a lot of people there. :o

I didn't even think about the fans = $$ thing. :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
Actually I just think it would be cool to have 50K fans in one place screaming for the Sox. I am in awe when we go to Bears games.  Hell.. I just about peed my pants when we went to the NASCAR race in Joliet..  :lol:  Holy crap there were a lot of people there. 

Having been at 1 or 2 games that were sold out...let me tell ya, you put 38,000 Sox fans in the Cell for a game against the Cubs or a playoff game...and that is just as awe-inspiring as anything.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Having been at 1 or 2 games that were sold out...let me tell ya, you put 38,000 Sox fans in the Cell for a game against the Cubs or a playoff game...and that is just as awe-inspiring as anything.

Having season tickets over the years I've been to a lot of games at the cell were the crowd is huge.. the 1st game of the playoffs in '00 was amazing despite the outcome. As well the Cubs games, Yanks games, etc...

It had nothing to do with attendance.. really. Quite honestly going to 50+ games a year I sometimes like the 22K crowds. With the riff raff bandwagoners a lot if times it's worse with the larger crowds. Saying that... it's still pretty damn amazing that a 55K+ crowd fills that stadium nearly every game.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
"Our Park was that big...then they tore it down and built a new one across the street where the closest seat in the upper deck was as far away as the furthest seat in the old park's upper deck."

I do.

Well, I can't help your reading comprehension skills. If you read the next paragraph in brackets, you would know that I don't think that a bigger stadium is that useful. Why have a 55,000 seat baseball stadium in the first place? So you can be 50% full when you sell 27,000 tickets instead of 70% full? Having sat in one of the"last" 15,000 seats in Yankee Stadium for Game 6 of the ALCS last year, I can say there isn't much benefit.

I don't want old Comiskey back, it was kind of a dump (like Wrigley, but with more night games). But there are design flaws to US Cellular that make the park less intimate than it could otherwise be. People don't miss the facilities of the old park (I've always disliked the old parks compared to the new), they miss the intimacy - and few of the new stadiums have gotten that right. Camden Yards got it right, and so did SBC.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Well, I can't help your reading comprehension skills.  If you read the next paragraph in brackets, you would know that I don't think that a bigger stadium is that useful.  Why have a 55,000 seat baseball stadium in the first place?  So you can be 50% full when you sell 27,000 tickets instead of 70% full?  Having sat in one of the"last" 15,000 seats in Yankee Stadium for Game 6 of the ALCS last year, I can say there isn't much benefit.

I don't want old Comiskey back, it was kind of a dump (like Wrigley, but with more night games).  But there are design flaws to US Cellular that make the park less intimate than it could otherwise be.  People don't miss the facilities of the old park (I've always disliked the old parks compared to the new), they miss the intimacy - and few of the new stadiums have gotten that right.  Camden Yards got it right, and so did SBC.

Apparently it's you who needs a brush up on the reading skills..

Not once did I refer to attandence anywhere. Nor did I complain about Comiskey, or anything else for that matter.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Apparently it's you who needs a brush up on the reading skills..

Not once did I refer to attandence anywhere. Nor did I complain about Comiskey, or anything else for that matter.

"54,365... I wish our park was that big. "

Yes. You were not complaining about Comiskey. You were complaining about the size of US Cellular.

And I guess you maybe weren't referring to "attendance anywhere" when you referred to 54,365. I guess you were suggesting that you wished US Cellular could hold 54,365 people, but not actually have 54,365 people buy tickets and attend games. Which makes sense, if you like the feeling of going to a stadium when it's half empty and congratulate yourself for being a long time season ticket owner.

I got one of the biggest kicks as a Sox fan when in the last half of the game today every time a ball would go towards center field you could actually hear the crowd groan a little, and then they would show the Yankees bench with a dumbfound look on their faces shaking their heads.

A-Row was out of his mind during this series, it was truly incredible.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
I got one of the biggest kicks as a Sox fan when in the last half of the game today every time a ball would go towards center field you could actually hear the crowd groan a little, and then they would show the Yankees bench with a dumbfound look on their faces shaking their heads.

A-Row was out of his mind during this series, it was truly incredible.

He did give those Yankee fans their money's worth. :lol:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
What is wrong with you people?  That was not a complaint by Steff about anything.  You are reading into it what you choose to read into and then jumping her s***.  GMAFB and STFU.

Par for the course YAS. Ya know what they say about ASSumers.. ;)

As for you BlackBetsy.. you just go ahead and think whatever it is that makes your boat float. Anyone with half a brain and an ounce of common sense knows that I am last person to complain about attendance.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 05:37 AM)
Par for the course YAS. Ya know what they say about ASSumers..  ;)

As for you BlackBetsy.. you just go ahead and think whatever it is that makes your boat float. Anyone with half a brain and an ounce of common sense knows that I am last person to complain about attendance.

That's what, about the 4th time you've had to say that? :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:37 AM)
Par for the course YAS. Ya know what they say about ASSumers..  ;)

Well, I guess you have the need for the last word, so you can respond to this all you want and go about your merry way.

I have no need to polish my resume about having "a half a brain" or an "ounce of common sense" on a Sox message board. I've never written that you complained about attendance. Other people may have. My first post responded to your desire to have a stadium that fits 55,000 people, which I think is a bad idea. And I've consistently stuck to that point, and the point about the importance of intimacy in a baseball stadium and ticket scarcity. Then you posted those silly crybaby smilies that were insulting. Which tells me, among other things, that you do not have a substantive response to my points.

But to say that you've never B]said[/b] (read: SAID, not COMPLAINED) "anything about attendance anywhere" when you specifically raised the point about how great it would be to have 54,635 people at a White Sox game is flat out bizarro. Do you not mean what you write it when you write it? Because if 54,635 people aren't "attending" what the hell are they doing?

So go ahead and fire away (and quote only parts of my response) talking about how you were not complaining about attendance, when that's not the point and never was.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 07:32 AM)
Well, I guess you have the need for the last word, so you can respond to this all you want and go about your merry way.

I have no need to polish my resume about having "a half a brain" or an "ounce of common sense" on a Sox message board.  I've never written that you complained about attendance.  Other people may have.  My first post responded to your desire to have a stadium that fits 55,000 people, which I think is a bad idea.  And I've consistently stuck to that point, and the point about the importance of intimacy in a baseball stadium and ticket scarcity.  Then you posted those silly crybaby smilies that were insulting.  Which tells me, among other things, that you do not have a substantive response to my points.

But to say that you've never B]said[/b] (read: SAID, not COMPLAINED) "anything about attendance anywhere" when you specifically raised the point about how great it would be to have 54,635 people at a White Sox game is flat out bizarro.  Do you not mean what you write it when you write it? Because if 54,635 people aren't "attending" what the hell are they doing? 

So go ahead and fire away (and quote only parts of my response) talking about how you were not complaining about attendance, when that's not the point and never was.

My substance is my opinion.. you don't like it, so be it, but apparently a differing opinion is somewhat of a challenge to you.

And if you really want to get to the point... my issue with you was you specifically saying "Our Park was that big...then they tore it down and built a new one across the street where the closest seat in the upper deck was as far away as the furthest seat in the old park's upper deck" which I interpreted as a complaint about the seating at Comiskey.

Nothing at all about attendace at all...

And for the 5th time... I've NEVER complained about attendance. It's none of my business what people do with their money and I think it's ignorant to s*** on someone because of the # of games they do or do not attend. Add to that that I simply don't have the time nor energy to give a s***. I pay my $$ and attend the games. I worry about me...