How confident are you that man walked on the moon?

rangercal

Where do you all stand?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you all stand?

• 100% this is not a question. I believe the footage.
    • 80-90% strong belief it happened, not 100% sure
    • 60-70% slight lean towards it happening
    • 50% not sure either way
    • 30-40% slight lean towards it not happening
    • 10-20% strong belief it didn't happen, not 100 % sure
    • 0 % I am a firm believer that the landing was indeed a hoax.

There are tons of conspiracy theories about the moon stuff. Isn't Buzz Aldren even one of the ones to haver certain stories and tales about the moon? Didn't he claim that they couldn't film everything because there were UFO's on the moon while they were there?

I don't know, I just always keep a little bit of the skeptic alive in my head. I think it helps to keep an open mind about EVERYTHING out there, and to only be 100% certain about the things I am party to.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
More importantly, how is it possibly waving?  There is no wind or draft in space. It's a Hollywood movie.

I know it's in green, but people have said this and meant it, so I'm going to respond.

The flag's motion actually proves quite readily that it is on the Moon. The flag waves when it is touched by one of the astronauts, or when they move past it creating motion. But there are other times in the video from Apollo 11 that the flag stays perfectly still. This could not happen on Earth, as the slightest breeze would have moved the thing.

But more important is how the flag behaves when it is touched; it sways back and forth for a very long time...tens of seconds to minutes. This is characteristic of only 1 environment; 1 with no atmosphere. If you blow on a flag on Earth, it waves back and forth a few times and then stops. Why? Wind resistance. The energy put into moving the flag is dissipated because it has to move air molecules out of the way to wave.

ON the moon however, there is no atmosphere, so when the flag is touched, it continues waving until it loses the energy to another form, such as heat (from internal friction).

That video is conclusive; the flag behaves as if it were in a vacuum. You cannot do that on Earth; there is no way to create a closed room with such a low air pressure to generate that video.

Anywho, I personally think the fact that we have rocks from the place that don't fit into the puzzle on Earth is a better argument, but there's not a chance in hell that the video was faked.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
More importantly, how is it possibly waving?  There is no wind or draft in space. It's a Hollywood movie.

for people who can't sense you're sarcasm.... Didn't they have a 2nd bar at a 90 degree angle to hold the flag? I'm pretty sure they did.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
for people who can't sense you're sarcasm....    Didn't  they have a  2nd bar at a 90 degree angle to hold the flag? I'm pretty sure they did.

They had a wire frame to hold the flag upright, but that's actually not the criticism...the criticism is that supposedly the flag moves back and forth in the wind, and that can't happen because there's no wind on the moon. Trouble is, the folks who think its fake are just wrong in what the video shows.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
I don't think they did.

You should watch Penn and Teller: Bulls***!

If it was faked, why the f*** would they use REAL astronauts instead of actors to do the lines and motion?

If it was faked, don't you think they would have re-recorded Neal's f***up "One small step for (a) man. One giant leap for mankind?"

It's one of my favorite shows.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I know people have pointed to a few different things to say it was fake.  Besides the flag blowing, what were the other supposed inconsistencies (

People claim there are prop markings on certain rocks, a picture of the astronauts looking disgraced in front of Richard Nixon for "waht they did," and that there are no stars in the sky when the pictures are taken.

QUOTE(marsh @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
http://moon.google.com/

new satellite photos show the junk we left up there. case closed.

your welcome.

I can't see anything though. Plus, if you zoom in too close, it just turns to a cartoon picture of cheese. I am pretty sure it isn't made of cheese, and if they want me to believe that...how are they going to expect me to believe we have junk there under the balloon numbers...which I am also sure we did not leave there. For one thing, the picture seems to be in B&W, while the numbers are in color. :huh: