8/21 Games

WHarris1

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
The yankees and Red Sox have prospects??

This thread has gone on long enough.  If you want to cite specifics, then fine. I already named teams that have brought up rookies and not played them full time.  Cinci, TB, Cubs, Sox, Det, LA, Sea, Min among others.  In some cases the rookies have played themselves into starting roles.  But in some cases they rotate days playing with others.  If you want to argue your one-tracked view on the issue, PM me, because im not looking at this old thread anymore to see other paragraph about your "expert" opinion on player development.

Perfect, because you've babbled on without substance or evidence for far too long already!

Robinson Cano. Did he ride the bench first?

GMAFB. You gonna site non-contenders like the Detroit, TB, Mariners, and Cinci who have been giving just about anyone at the AA or above extended looks and have rosters full of rookies? Never mind that you failed to produce a single specific example AGAIN! Sheeesh.

The only thing one-tracked is your absolute ignorance.

I revise my previous statement... "This is like trying to explain particle physics to a 2 month old child"...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yankees and Red Sox have prospects??

This thread has gone on long enough.  If you want to cite specifics, then fine. I already named teams that have brought up rookies and not played them full time.  Cinci, TB, Cubs, Sox, Det, LA, Sea, Min among others.  In some cases the rookies have played themselves into starting roles.  But in some cases they rotate days playing with others.  If you want to argue your one-tracked view on the issue, PM me, because im not looking at this old thread anymore to see other paragraph about your "expert" opinion on player development.

Yankees: Robinson Cano

Red Sox: Jon Papelbon

:huh

Cano came in and started at 2nd base for the Yankees right upon his callup, replacing Tony Womack. Papelbon has started 3 games for the Red Sox and is now pitching out of their bullpen with the return of Schilling to their rotation. Both players are performing extremely well for their respective teams and both moves look pretty damn good right about now.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Let's see.  A good prospect who's a part time player on a contending club.

Kevin Youkilis.

Well they have a guy who won a batting title not 2 long ago starting ahead of him and if we spend as much money as them for F/A and resigning our top guys i wouldnt mind benching a rookie.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Let's see.  A good prospect who's a part time player on a contending club.

Kevin Youkilis.

Kevin Youkilis is 26 years old. That's a pretty big difference from someone like Brian Anderson, who's a top prospect in the White Sox organization.

Rock Raines, you still haven't answered Randar in finding a team that brought up a top prospect and had him on the bench.

Hell, Milwaukee called up Prince Fielder during interleague-play and immediately got him in the line-up. They also traded Junior Spivey just so they could find a spot to play Rickie Weeks.

Minnesota? WTF are you smoking? They traded a catcher coming off an .824 OPS season to make room for their top prospect in Mauer.

You don't sit a top prospect. If he's not going to be playing everyday, then send him back to AAA. And, if there isn't going to be an opening on the roster anytime soon, you trade him.

IMO, Anderson will be traded, just because you can't have an OF of Podsednik - Rowand - Anderson, as it would be the weakest hitting OF in the majors (at least, for next season).

Of course Youkilis isn't the same as Anderson. Different ballplayer. Different position. Different team. Also, Youkilis was brought up last year, so that narrows the gap.

That would make Youkilis 25 last year.

Anderson will be 24 (?) next year.