Who is your starting LF for next year?

BridgeportHeather

To MikeSouth's shagrin, it must be Carlos Lee. He is improving defensively as he progresses through his career. Sure he has had some brain farts. But, if you consider how many errors he has made, the number is rather small. Offensively, the man has pop! We must remember that he's only 4 years into his career, and he's already looking like a Mini Hurt. With time, he is going to put up Big Hurt mid-90s offensive numbers.

Carlos Lee IS the LF for us!

Originally posted by Molto

as of right now it is Lee.

If Thomas decides to stay, then Lee could be dealt. 

If Thomas goes, look for C Lee to take over the DH role. A possible OF scenario then would be Rowand (LF), Borchard (CF), Maggs (RF). This rushes Borchards progress though. Opening Day would more likely be Liefer (LF), Rowand (CF), Maggs (RF). Thomas leaving or staying will answer a whole lot of questions and possibilities.

If Thomas goes, the Sox will either grab a cheaper DH (like Sierra) or platoon Liefer, Lee, and Konerko at DH, 1B, and LF.

They aren't going to throw Lee at DH for good, it wouldn't be good for either parties. If Lee starts DH'ing at the age of 25, his value will go down.

They'll platoon the three guys.

I'd also like to see Maggs in left, but taht won't happen till Borchard is up and that won't be for a few months.

Originally posted by doubleM23

I'd kind of want to see Maggs in left field, but I doubt that Borchard will be ready.

Same here. Rowand will just be a bench player and there's no way around it for him. I'd rather see Lee DH-ing or dealt. He's pretty damn stupid, but has show a lot of patience at the plate. He is DUMBASS CABALLO!

i stay carlos lee stays in left field he is improving so fast. His patients,fielding power are all improving. Borchard on the other hand has not done anything to hint, he is not where ready to play in the in the bigs. saying that would it really make sense to go with sending him else where?

Guest hotsoxchick1

the thought of lee in left scares me with his aweful defense.....lee is nothing more than a mere dh at the present time......and wether frank goes or stays thats all lee will be.....i say put maggs in left...(since he has played there before in winter ball and such)... keep rowand in cf and put borchard in right......borchards swing will come around and his defensive skills far outweigh those of lee......if frank stays dump lee .. maybe we can gain a subpar pitching something or another for him....thats probably all we will get anyhow dealing him or not, we know there wont be any spending of cold hard cash for that......lee should go we have enough dh types here already and no room for more.....

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

lee should go we have enough dh types here already and no room for more.....

What do you mean enough DH types around here everyone here we have starting is atleast average fielding except jose v.

LF Lee(only 4 errors)

CF Rowand(can you balls to the wall?)

RF Mags(what an arm)

3B Crede(damn how did he do that?)

SS Valentin(i said everyone else)

2B Jimeniz/harris(both are good)

1B Konerko(average first basemen)

C Olivo(Cannon of an arm)

thomas(DH)

Where are all the DH'S at?

Guest hotsoxchick1

check the 25 man roster.....what about guys like leifer, of course valentin(espically with harris and jiminez both out there on the field),crede if in fact they tend to use jose as a go around guy.... lee espically since thats about the only spot for him with borchard coming on .....anyone of them can be a dh... do we actually need them all?? i dont think so.....

I'm with doublem. Personally I agree with Mario too.

I say Start Lee at DH or Left. He plays DH if Frank is gone half the time, while Liefer rotates in their as well, as does Manos(That way Harris and Jimenez can play a lot too) and they also will give Konerko time off as well.

This way you can really keep your guys fresh and fiddle with matchups depending on whose pitching.

Borchard will eventually come up and push Lee into full time DH duty, but he isn't ready yet. Give him at least till the trade deadline and then see where he is. Personally I'd leave him till September unless he really cuts down on his k's and everything else which I hope he does.

Personally, I think people should layoff C Lee's defense. Yeah, 2001 was ugly. But can anyone around here (besides soxfan420) give credit where credit is due? C Lee showed exceptional improvement in 2002. Let's stop bringing up the defense aspect of C Lee..... it wasn't a problem this last season. And anyone that thinks that Borchard will be ready by Opening Day is deluding themselves. Right now this team needs C Lee. Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be that Rowand is bench material at best. Anyone that thinks Liefer is better than Lee defensively, IMHO, would be unpleasantly suprised at seasons end. Outside of trade, whether you like it or not, the White Sox need C Lee.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I've given Carlos his due.  I think if we have Borchard though, then I'd have to DH Carlos most of the time, but thats not to say that Maggs wouldn't DH on ocassion as well.

Carlos worked his ass of this past season and he's earned some security.

I didn't mean everybody Chisoxfn. Sorry if it sounded that way. And I agree with you on the Borchard part. He is the future. He's just not ready yet. But when he is, moves will have to be made. Whether that's making him a DH or trading him is yet to be determined. But as of right now the White Sox need C Lee. I don't see KW making any trades or Borchard making one year of progress in 2 months of ST so C Lee it's going to have to be. Christ, it's not like he's a clubhouse cancer (ala K-layton) or something.

Originally posted by CubKilla

Personally, I think people should layoff C  Lee's defense. Yeah, 2001 was ugly. But can anyone around here (besides soxfan420) give credit where credit is due? C Lee showed exceptional improvement in 2002. Let's stop bringing up the defense aspect of C Lee..... it wasn't a problem this last season. And anyone that thinks that Borchard will be ready by Opening Day is deluding themselves. Right now this team needs C Lee. Unfortunately, the consensus seems to be that Rowand is bench material at best. Anyone that thinks Liefer is better than Lee defensively, IMHO, would be unpleasantly suprised at seasons end. Outside of trade, whether you like it or not, the White Sox need C Lee. 

He's still stupid. :D

He's no Erstad. Darrin is a gold glove centerfielder who steals plenty of bases and is the heart and soul of the Angels.

I'd say he could end up being a Trot Nixon. A solid centerfielder who thinks all about the team, ala Erstad and will do all it takes. He isn't an all star, but he could be a pretty good player and a great leader. To me he reminds me a lot more of David Eckstein.