Show Thomas the love

greasywheels121

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
They need to do this...after his career is over. Who the hell wants a tribute while they're technically still playing? I wouldn't. Do we have wakes and funerals for people that are still alive? Stupid idea for this season, if you ask me.

When did we retire Baines number?

The article is gold....

Thomas will have a better idea as to where he stands after a CT scan during a doctor's visit Thursday. He plans to be with the team for much of the final month's stretch drive, and actually had set his sights on a visit in Seattle this past weekend before family issues popped up. The far-reaching effects of Hurricane Katrina delayed his trip from Monday to Tuesday morning.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
It's more than a lean.

That really sucks to hear with all the articles out today about him returning possibly in the fall and/or next season. However, it's kind of me being selfish, but at least this would leave no doubts to Frank retiring in a White Sox uni.

As much as I'd love to see a healthy Frank Thomas, I just don't think it will ever happen again. Perhaps retirement is his best option. Only he can decide that for sure. I do know that I think Frank could make an excellent hitting coach someday, if thats what he wants to do. Otherwise, take DJ out of the booth and put in Frank.... :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
Wow.  I'd really hate to see that.  Frank deserves a better ending to his career.

Frank deserves to be able to walk the rest of his life with as little pain as possible.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Frank deserves to be able to walk the rest of his life with as little pain as possible.

Wait a minute...you're trying to say there are more important things than a sporting event? :P

Frank has to do what is best for him and his family. He has had a great career and there is no reason for him to suffer through a few more seasons if his foot cannot heal completely.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)

I wouldn't even begin to argue that point. Of course he does. Apparently, you know more than you are letting on.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
I wouldn't even begin to argue that point.  Of course he does. Apparently, you know more than you are letting on.

It appears Frank is at a crossroad in his career. He's old and banged up. He's looking at the quality of his life at this point. He has 2 small children, getting married again in November which brings on the possiblily of more small children. I think he'd rather be able to play with his kids then possibly put himself in a position where just walking becomes a major chore. I think he'll make a decision sooner rather than later and it looks like retirement will be the choice.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Definitely sucks. But he's done so much. His tenure here will be talked about for a long, long time.

I have no doubts that I'll never have the level of respect I do for Frank, with any other athlete. He'll always be my favorite athlete, no question.