8/29 games

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Or even Ray Liotta, sube 2 ERA on the season now and outstanding this last month or two.

Yeah you could, although his K/BB ratios compared to Haigwood and B-Mac in the 2nd half aren't as good, plus he's pitching in the lowest league.

Randar was right about B-Mac though, he's been great in Charlotte since he worked out his issues. But you can't help be impressed with what Haigwood's done, since being promoted to B-Ham, his numbers have been wonderful.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
Randar was right about B-Mac though, he's been great in Charlotte since he worked out his issues. But you can't help be impressed with what Haigwood's done, since being promoted to B-Ham, his numbers have been wonderful.

I REALLY wish I had time to get down and see one of his last starts. As I've said before, I was underwhelmed last year in Kanny and would really like to see how he looks now because it's tough to argue with his success. In 1-2 months he may have vaulted from somewhere around 20 on the prospect list to the bottom of the top 10. That's pretty darn impressive.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I REALLY wish I had time to get down and see one of his last starts.  As I've said before, I was underwhelmed last year in Kanny and would really like to see how he looks now because it's tough to argue with his success.  In 1-2 months he may have vaulted from somewhere around 20 on the prospect list to the bottom of the top 10.  That's pretty darn impressive.

And he adds to the list of impressive lefty starters we have developing in our system, and that will probably only be better next season when Lumsden starts pitching again, and if Whisler can actually learn how to pitch better with his stuff.

Gonzalez, Liotta, McCarthy, Haigwood is a very nice foursome though. When you add to that guys like Haegar, Tracey, Brooks and even Honel, it shows how far our system with starters has come from 2 years ago.

EDIT: Add Broadway to that foursome. I should know, he's in my sig. :bang

Edited by DBAH0

To consolidate the box scores:

Charlotte lost 9-7. 2 hits each for Harris, Burke, Toca and Brown. Brown and Burke with dingers.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...noraaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham won 3-1 in a critical game in their playoff race. Haigwood was outstanding as was previously mentioned. Young and Lopez with 2 hits each.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...biraax_jaxaax_1

Winston-Salem won 6-0. Liotta outstanding. Collaro with the only multi-hit game with 3.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...=g_box&did=milb

Kanny lost 9-3. Richard and Brooks both were hit hard.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kanafx_gboafx_1

Bristol wins 5-0. Winn with a very nice start.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kptrok_brirok_1

Great Falls lost 9-8 in 13 innings. Allen and Hernandez with 2 hits each.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...grfrok_bilrok_1

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
I REALLY wish I had time to get down and see one of his last starts.  As I've said before, I was underwhelmed last year in Kanny and would really like to see how he looks now because it's tough to argue with his success.  In 1-2 months he may have vaulted from somewhere around 20 on the prospect list to the bottom of the top 10.  That's pretty darn impressive.

Get your ass down here randar....... we'll catch a game. I got the tickets, you're buying the beers!!

FWIW the Barons have already clinched a playoff berth. Right now all they are playing for are playoff home games. If Jacksonville wins both halves they would get games 1,2, 4 and 5 at home during the playoffs. If Birmingham wins the 2nd half, it will be split 2 home, three away.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Get your ass down here randar.......  we'll catch a game.  I got the tickets, you're buying the beers!!

Man, I'm tellin ya. Wish I could. Been trying to shoe-horn in a trip all summer and have just been swamped. The 2 chances I though I had a chance to breakaway I got sent out of the country on short-notice for business...

Sheeesh, The stars aligned against me this summer. Only got to see Kanny and W-S on the road this year and never made it down to North Carolina for the requisite baseball junkie tour.

Maybe playoffs, but I can't commit to anything, LOL!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
FWIW the Barons have already clinched a playoff berth.  Right now all they are playing for are playoff home games.  If Jacksonville wins both halves they would get games 1,2, 4 and 5 at home during the playoffs.  If Birmingham wins the 2nd half, it will be split 2 home, three away.

Jacksonville... the Dodgers' affiliate, correct?

If so, any comments on any of the following (not sure which level these guys are at, but I'm sure they're in the organization) -- LaRoche, Guzman, or Billinglsy?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Jacksonville...  the Dodgers' affiliate, correct?

If so, any comments on any of the following (not sure which level these guys are at, but I'm sure they're in the organization) -- LaRoche, Guzman, or Billinglsy?

All damned good players... as is Russ Martin. All are at Jacksonville. To make matters worse, Greg Miller is finally back on the mound and has an 0.96 ERA in 8 relief appearances. Seven of the Dodgers pre-season Top 10 prospects are on that team.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:26 AM)

I hope he makes it. That way it makes more sense for all the times I'd argue to have him higher on the prospect lists :D

OF course I was wrong on Todd Deininger. :crying

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
OF course I was wrong on Todd Deininger. :crying

Under

statement

of

the

century...

LOL! YEP, part of the business of prospect projections. Hey, I said Crede was going to be a .280 major league hitter with 30 HR's... I think he could hit 30 HR's easily IF ONLY he could make contact enough to hit .280... LOL!

Borch and Rauch, we won't even go there (although Rauch had his injury issues)