Moves made

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

My predictions:

El Caballo is gone. Suiter, Baltimore.

Garland will not be traded.

Sox will eat up Colon's contract and trade him to the Yankees.

Thomas will be released, much like Fisk was...NOT HAPPENING BUT STILL...

Sox will buy a CF and C.

Thomas won't be released. Too big and too long of a contract. He has the options. Garland I bet is tradable. Isn't he eligible for arbitration next year? If he continues to be a .500 pitcher, the Sox won't want to go to arbitration. The temptation will be to trade if they can get anything.

Guest hotsoxchick1

garland if not traded gone back to trip a....paulie on the block with lee holding his hand........but thats about all i see going thus far...........if we could dump botch somewhere i say marte is our closer ...........

the only thing plausible is CLee to Baltimore, our centerfielder problem could be temporarily solved if we traded Lee to Baltimore for Ponson and Matthews Jr., but the O's would then probably ask that we throw in a minor leaguer. I say let Lee finish the season in Chicago, if we are going to trade him, we should wait until the offseason.

If we trade Colon we will not eat up his contract.

I think Williams should put together another 3 team deal like so

Yankees trade J. Rivera to Giants for J. Williams,

Yankees trade J. Williams and E. Almonte to the Sox for Colon and Rick White.

in J. Williams we have the best pitcher in the entire orginization (majors and minors), Williams would instantly become our 5th, and Almonte will play out the remainder of 03 in AAA then be our starting SS in 04.

The Giants would participate because Williams is not as good as the other arms in that rotation (thurston, Ainsworth, Moss) and Juan Rivera would be there starting RF in 04, he has tremendous power.

The Yankees always take pitching and their bullpen needs some help, so Colon would bounce Weaver into the pen, and White also will help their undermanned bullpen

Thomas won't be released.  Too big and too long of a contract.  He has the options.  Garland I bet is tradable.  Isn't he eligible for arbitration next year?  If he continues to be a .500 pitcher, the Sox won't want to go to arbitration.  The temptation will be to trade if they can get anything.

With Thomas, I thought it was dual buy out options where if Thomas or the team wanted out of the contract after any season all they had to do was pay a couple of million dollars and that was it???

The Yankees always take pitching and their  bullpen needs some help, so Colon would bounce Weaver into the pen, and White also will help their undermanned bullpen

Yeah of course one of our aces is only good enough for the 5th spot in the Almighty Yankee rotation. :finger them.

the only thing plausible is CLee to Baltimore, our centerfielder problem could be temporarily solved if we traded Lee to Baltimore for Ponson and Matthews Jr., but the O's would then probably ask that we throw in a minor leaguer.  I say let Lee finish the season in Chicago, if we are going to trade him, we should wait until the offseason.

in J. Williams we have the best pitcher in the entire orginization (majors and minors), Williams would instantly become our 5th, and Almonte will play out the remainder of 03 in AAA then be our starting SS in 04.

The Giants would participate because Williams is not as good as the other arms in that rotation (thurston, Ainsworth, Moss) and Juan Rivera would be there starting RF in 04, he has tremendous power.

The Yankees always take pitching and their  bullpen needs some help, so Colon would bounce Weaver into the pen, and White also will help their undermanned bullpen

Let's wait until Kenny is gone before we start thinking about making anymore deals.

The last thing we need is a deal that sends Carlos Lee Munoz and Almonte to Baltimore for Gary Matthews Jr.

CWSOX45

the only thing plausible is CLee to Baltimore, our centerfielder problem could be temporarily solved if we traded Lee to Baltimore for Ponson and Matthews Jr., but the O's would then probably ask that we throw in a minor leaguer.  I say let Lee finish the season in Chicago, if we are going to trade him, we should wait until the offseason.

Almonte sucks, brotha.

If I were GM, I'm shipping Konehead for a decent SS prospect. I'm willing to throw in some spare parts to get it done.

When this solid glove great range dude arrives I'm sending Jose to 1B.

That would shore up the deficit in range that is so blatantly obvious with Jimenez. Now the SOX can cheat Jimenez toward 2B to shore up the weakest middle in the majors. I like the total range improvement with Crede, the new guy, Jimenez, & Jose.

Next I'm shipping off spare parts to get an adequate CF. Even if it includes parting with the career AAA all-star Harris. Lee has really come on strong D and with his strong arm I like him in LF. If Borchard is ready, I'd rather have him in CF than "no problem .. s*** I dropped it" Harris.

I think the Spanish connection on the SOX gives them a better shot at retaining Colon than the STL wannabee. STL is hurting like never before for pitching. Now might be the time to get a solid bat for Buerhle. Edmonds any one? Whatever it takes. Buerhle and spare parts.

If I were GM, I'm shipping Konehead for a decent SS prospect. I'm willing to throw in some spare parts to get it done.

When this solid glove great range dude arrives I'm sending Jose to 1B.

That would shore up the deficit in range that is so blatantly obvious with Jimenez. Now the SOX can cheat Jimenez toward 2B to shore up the weakest middle in the majors. I like the total range improvement with Crede, the new guy, Jimenez, & Jose.

Next I'm shipping off spare parts to get an adequate CF.  Even if it includes parting with the career AAA all-star Harris. Lee has really come on strong D and with his strong arm I like him in LF. If Borchard is ready, I'd rather have him in CF than "no problem .. s*** I dropped it" Harris.

I think the Spanish connection on the SOX gives them a better shot at retaining Colon than the STL wannabee.  STL is hurting like never before for pitching. Now might be the time to get a solid bat for Buerhle.  Edmonds any one? Whatever it takes.  Buerhle and spare parts.

Nice Johnny! I say Cabrera from the 'Spos. I bet we can munson a great deal with Minyata like we did for Colon. :canada

You might be right on trading PK and MB. Maybe the Dodgers would like to have Konerko back. And shortstop is a critical need for next year, unless they think they can re-sign Jose or make do with Jiminez in 2004. We have nobody in the minors who can step and play SS next year. If I were GM, I would be sniffing around the majors looking for an immediate SS prospect. If it takes Konerko to close the deal, go for it.

Cabrera would be great! Though Cordero is playing much better than Koney, so there not going to want Slownerko. Plus Koney's salary.

We're so bad right now, I don't know what we could offer that would seem like value to the Spos.

Yeah, but this is CORDERO we're talking about. He won't keep up even close to this pace.

They can have Koney for Cabrera, then pick Lugo off waivers so Cordero and he could give each other tips on how to beat their old ladies. :lolhitting