Sox are officially cooked

brijames

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
When the season is over;  the Sox are still in first place if you haven't noticed.

Now is not the time to be jumping but if you do , don't come back when they are in the playoffs. No one ever said this would be easy and its not supposed to be.

No, you react while the sky is falling. You don't react after it has already fallen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
When the season is over;  the Sox are still in first place if you haven't noticed.

Now is not the time to be jumping but if you do , don't come back when they are in the playoffs. No one ever said this would be easy and its not supposed to be.

...but if the Sox finish in second palce and no Wild Card, where will you be?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Yay, let's not be angry!  Rejoice in that fact that we had a huge lead, revel in the glory that is the history of the Chicago White Sox, and embrace the upcoming chokejob with glee, lest you be a Cub fan.

That is an epic post. Well done.

Wah-wah-wah :crying if you call bulls*** on a team that once owned a 15 game lead, you are a whining, sniveling, band-wagon, Cubs fan...you're no Sox fan.

Blow me.

Even though we lost, I was proud of the way we played up until the two-run single.

Usually, down 4-0 means that's how it ends, but we came roaring back. Man, was that crowd into it last night too. I've never heard it that loud.

But then came the single, and everything went silent. A collective deflation, just like that. If we keep playin' 'em that way, we'll get some wins. The team seemed pumped up, too.

And that was with a so-so Freddy outing.

If Garland and Buehrle finally decide one of these days they want to start intimidating batters by pitching well, gosh, who knows what can happen?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
That is an epic post.  Well done.

Wah-wah-wah :crying  if you call bulls*** on a team that once owned a 15 game lead, you are a whining, sniveling, band-wagon, Cubs fan...you're no Sox fan.

Blow me.

Whoa, settle down. Something like that could be considered a personal attack. I think you're more angry with the Sox than with me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Whoa, settle down.  Something like that could be considered a personal attack.  I think you're more angry with the Sox than with me.

Herb, I'm agreeing with you! :lol:

EDIT: Herb gets called out looking. Re-read the post. :lol:

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
I thought you were agreeing at first because of your history, but then I read second and third parts and I figured the first part was sarcastic.  Phew...

Crisis averted.

You're quite right in your criticism. No one deserves a free-pass on this one.

I heard Bryan Dolgin on Cold Pizza this morning--yes, he was actually on the show--and he said something that really hit deep. He said, if the Sox continue playing like this, years from now people will be talking about the collapse of the 2005 White Sox and it will trump the Cubs historic miss.

EDIT: I have more waffles than a house of pancakes.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
They sure will, and it will be justified.

eh, i dont think we are that close to the WS at this point. Their's has to hurt much worse than if this happens. But, we control our own destiny, and I have some faith in the troops. They have gotten us this far, im looking to them to carry us into the playoffs.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
If you think the sky is falling, why stay?  Get the heck out!  Please do us all a favor.  Such a whiner!!!

Milkman has been consistent in his non belief in this team all season. He's not saying anything now that he hasn't believed in. Unlike some of the people who are like "f*** IT, WE SUCK, BLAH BLAH BLAH", Milkman is a good baseball man who supports his beliefs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Milkman has been consistent in his non belief in this team all season.  He's not saying anything now that he hasn't believed in.  Unlike some of the people who are like "f*** IT, WE SUCK, BLAH BLAH BLAH", Milkman is a good baseball man who supports his beliefs.

he is a wet blanket

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Milkman has been consistent in his non belief in this team all season.  He's not saying anything now that he hasn't believed in.  Unlike some of the people who are like "f*** IT, WE SUCK, BLAH BLAH BLAH", Milkman is a good baseball man who supports his beliefs.

Fathom: If Milkman doesn't believe in this team, why the hell watch, or why even bother to follow the White Sox? Go and follow other teams! The White Sox are in a very tight pennant race right now, and all I've seen on this board are just negative comments. Just like Soxfan1 exclaimed that since the Sox have been playing so terribly, they don't deserve to make the playoff. Man, that was the most STUPID comment that I've ever heard. We play for the postseason and so on, and if we somehow make it to the playoff, WE DESERVE TO BE IN! Stop being so childish and ignorant. We are in a pennant race now. The least you can do is to show the team some love and support.

GO SOX