Colon

Soxfest

Colon down 3-0 in 3rd and saddest part of all is this game is already probably over with s*** offense we have. Colon will have a new address by July. OAK and Sea WHIPPED Sox ass home and away .500 is a distant memory and KW, JM and GW are STILL employed :angry:

Well, JR is going to pay.

There will be no walk ups at the Cell the rest of the year.

Crap attendance in June, July and August for our Sox.

Even non Sox fans here in KC by me can't believe we haven't fired

Manuel.

Folks, we were SUPPOSED to win this year.

Colon down 3-0 in 3rd and saddest part of all is this game is already probably over with s*** offense we have. Colon will have a new address by July. OAK and Sea WHIPPED Sox ass home and away .500 is a distant memory and KW, JM and GW are STILL employed :angry:

now don't you feel a tad bit premature having written this game's obituary so soon...

Well, JR is going to pay.

There will be no walk ups at the Cell the rest of the year.

Crap attendance in June, July and August for our  Sox.

Even non Sox fans here in KC by me can't believe we haven't fired

Manuel.

Folks, we were SUPPOSED to win this year.

so how many games will you be missing that you were planning to attend?

I don't count cause I live in KC and will attend zip unfortunately.

But you have to agree with my attendance comment, correcto?

I would go to 20 games if I could.

I remember going to about 18 games one year in high school to watch one of the worst teams in Sox and baseball history, still had fun.

You can't beat fun at the ol ballpark as Harry or Jack B. used to say, one of the two.

Oh boy CW, 3 runs stop the presses this game is not won YET! Bullpen not involved YET! :headbang

but - and stop the presses - the game isn't over as you pronounced it either -

please do not ever go to med school - every patient would be pronounced dead by you with their first sneeze! :lol: :lol:

If we can break even (3-3) this West Coast trip I will be  :)

I called the 3-3 roadtrip last week and i'm stickin to it...we got Buehrle on the hump.

The biggest thing about Colon tonight was shuttin em down with style right after we took the lead...that was huge.

I called the 3-3 roadtrip last week and i'm stickin to it...we got Buehrle on the hump.

The biggest thing about Colon tonight was shuttin em down with style right after we took the lead...that was huge.

imo..biggest thing about tonight was damaso marte was fully entrenched as the closer....came in with a man on first and no one out and shutr the door bigtime..pitched to both righties and lefties...billy botch was no where to been seen

i think its safe to say that the closer's role is marte's to lose now

Guest hotsoxchick1

im more concerned about barts shaking hands and sore arm at the end of his game ........wtf was that about?????? didnt look good at any rate.....cant be good either...........

im more concerned about barts shaking hands and sore arm at the end of his game ........wtf was that about?????? didnt look good at any rate.....cant be good either...........

Hopefully thats just a part of his insane throwing 95 mph past the 7th inning routine. He sure pitched like a stud today after that first inning :)

mmm Crow.

Colon really stepped up after the third. He looked like a different pitcher. I was impressed and it was super looking at how he pitched. I noticed that hand tremor too when he was in the dugout. I wonder what that was about? Anybody know? I thought it might be just the strain and tension on his hand and arm when gripping the ball and throwing those curves and 99 MPH fastball.

the first batter up was lefty...but the next three (including a pinch hitter) were righties...no sign of botch

Going into the 9th, it was Edgar, Olerud, Cameron.

Edgar singled, and Marte was brought in to face Olerud. I think he popped out or something, then Cameron hit that ball to LF and Bloomquist (pinch runner for Edgar) got tagged out following the run down, and the last guy struck out (don't recall who, but he was a righty).

I don't know if Koch is injured or not, but either way, I have a sneaking suspicion that Marte very well could be named closer before too long. He's got an ERA under 2.00, and even if/when Koch turns it around, I think Marte might be a better choice as closer. Even Koch at his best doesn't have an ERA under 2.00.

Could be interesting.