We owe somebody an apology

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
We owe Contreras an apology. We all wanted Kenny to trade his ass a couple months ago and he has stepped up and become the sox best pitcher this season. Sorry Jose.

I did not want to trade Jose OR BMac. I like KW - thought Schuler was terrible. I like Ozzie and Ozzieball. Not a Jerry Reinsdorf fan. Don't like DJ, tolerate Hawk (needs a stronger partner), and hate to see Rooney leave. Ready to let the Big Hurt go, I like Crede, & wouldn't mind them resigning PK if the price is right. If not, see if Dye can play there every day and go young in the OF. I think if Pods isn't healthy enough to steal a base, he should quit trying. No need to lead the league in SBs and CSs. I still like Magglio. Never a huge CLee fan. Thanks for asking.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Sooooo is Contreras an ACE?

Not sure, but he's a helluva good 4th starter. His stuff is so nasty. Some guys, you watch them and think, I could hit that (when you clearly could not), but JC's ball moves soooo much. If he can keep pitching with an idea of where the ball is going, I don't see why he can't be an ace.

Garcia, on the other hand, is not an ace (though he has the stuff) because he doesn't show up ready to pitch every game. If he can get through the first 3 innings.... A big if.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Not sure, but he's a helluva good 4th starter.  His stuff is so nasty.  Some guys, you watch them and think, I could hit that (when you clearly could not), but JC's ball moves soooo much.  If he can keep pitching with an idea of where the ball is going, I don't see why he can't be an ace.

Garcia, on the other hand, is not an ace (though he has the stuff) because he doesn't show up ready to pitch every game.  If he can get through the first 3 innings....  A big if.

Jose does this for a whole season...yeah...Ace.

Then again...BMac does this for a whole season...yeah...Ace.

Then again...Jon takes his May and repeats it for a whole season...yeah....Ace.

Then again...Mark takes his June and repeats it for a whole season...wow.

I swear to God...you think this year's pitching staff was something special...if they hold those 4 together plus Freddo next year...wow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 07:27 AM)
Want to know why Contreras has turned into our best pitcher?  Because he has a strikeout pitch.  When he gets two strikes on the batter, he has a very good chance of a K.  He's also able to throw his fastball for a strike at any count.  Last night, he did a great job of getting two double plays in what could have turned into big innings.

I'd say that he turned into our best pitcher because he stopped the damn walks, if you ask me.