A Sober Thought...

S720

I don't know how to feel - happy, estatic, thrilling, exciting, etc.

But one thing I can share with you. Going through such a tough stretch of the season, especially the last few weeks, I feel that the White Sox are now better prepared to go into the playoff and make some noise. If Pods, Everett, Crede and Rowand can get hot in the playoff, watch out!

I feel much better about our chances this year than the year of 2000, when we just limped into the postseason and got swept by the Mariners.

But most importantly, thanks for all of you for going through all of the ups and downs of this tremendous season with me. Many angry and uncalled-for words have been thrown at each other, but nevertheless, we all have just one goal, and that goal is being played right in front of us.

Congrat on the tremendous season SO FAR!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
I don't know how to feel - happy, estatic, thrilling, exciting, etc.

But one thing I can share with you.  Going through such a tough stretch of the season, especially the last few weeks, I feel that the White Sox are now better prepared to go into the playoff and make some noise.  If Pods, Everett, Crede and Rowand can get hot in the playoff, watch out!

I feel much better about our chances this year than the year of 2000, when we just limped into the postseason and got swept by the Mariners.

But most importantly, thanks for all of you for going through all of the ups and downs of this tremendous season with me.  Many angry and uncalled-for words have been thrown at each other, but nevertheless, we all have just one goal, and that goal is being played right in front of us. 

Congrat on the tremendous season SO FAR!

Amen Brother.

i agree that the pressure the sox have faced the past few weeks is invaluable. plus, despite our offensive difficulties it's been encouraging to see the pitching staff return to form when we needed it most.

lastly, i was thrilled to see jenks out there today in a pressure spot. we'll need more of that.