Frank

Bmr31

Frank Thomas, hitting .243, says that's not his fault.

''I'm hitting .250 for a reason,'' Thomas said. ''I can't take responsibility. Pitches that are way inside are being called strikes and there's nothing I can do about that... I can't get any arm extension.'' Thomas did manage to hit his seventh home run of the season yesterday, but the book is out on him. Unless he adjusts to pitchers claiming the inside of the plate on him, his average isn't likely to climb. Source: Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Yeah this guy is a team player, and upstanding person.

It is still obvious that Frank only cares about Frank. He is trying to say what everyone wants to hear, but then he just blurts out this BS.

He has been too much of a problem in the clubhouse over the years and know he sounds like Sammy Sosa. Great couple of "Super Stars" we have here in Chicago.

It is still obvious that Frank only cares about Frank.  He is trying to say what everyone wants to hear, but then he just blurts out this BS.

He has been too much of a problem in the clubhouse over the years and know he sounds like Sammy Sosa.  Great couple of "Super Stars" we have here in Chicago.

My response to his reaction? PATHETIC.

It is still obvious that Frank only cares about Frank.  He is trying to say what everyone wants to hear, but then he just blurts out this BS.

He has been too much of a problem in the clubhouse over the years and know he sounds like Sammy Sosa.  Great couple of "Super Stars" we have here in Chicago.

So the whole league must be hitting .243 because of the inside strike right?

Chicago's pretty lucky to have 2 HOF players that are still playing. A lot of cities don't have a HOF'er on their roster, but Chicago has 2.

Chicago's pretty lucky to have 2 HOF players that are still playing.  A lot of cities don't have a HOF'er on their roster, but Chicago has 2.

I admit that at one time Frank was a great hitter. My problem with him is and always has been, his self centered attitude.

The guy that seems to be most hated around here is.

Jimenez is hitting .300 with an OBP of .400.

Those aren't bad results, no?

Good point. Personally i think Jimenez sucks, but hes the least of the reasons this team is struggling.

Frank has never been a real man. He is afraid of the baseball, he is afraid to slide, and really afraid to have a collision with the catcher (That Reebok comercial was a joke).

Time to grab your sack Frank and take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming it on the pitches called against you. :fyou

The next thing you know, Frank will be wondering why Bonds gets the calls and he doesn't.

Frank has never been a real man.  He is afraid of the baseball, he is afraid to slide, and really afraid to have a collision with the catcher (That Reebok comercial was a joke).

Time to grab your sack Frank and take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming it on the pitches called against you. :fyou

The next thing you know, Frank will be wondering why Bonds gets the calls and he doesn't.

:headbang :cheers :headbang

Frank has never been a real man.  He is afraid of the baseball, he is afraid to slide, and really afraid to have a collision with the catcher (That Reebok comercial was a joke).

Wait, doesnt Frank lead the AL in walks? LOL and hes blaming the calls?????????????????? :o :huh:

Wait, doesnt Frank lead the AL in walks? LOL and hes blaming the calls?????????????????? :o :huh:

I don't know man...I've watched a lot of Sox games this season, and it seems like Frank does get squeezed a little more than other players do. Maybe it's because of his reputation and the fact that he's not happy with the way he's being umped and the umpires are responding in kind, I don't know.

But, the reason he leads the league in walks is because he's one of the most patient hitters in the game. Even when he's not hitting well, he's able to draw walks and get on base -- which is something that cannot be said of guys like Konerko and Crede.

Time to grab your sack Frank and take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming it on the pitches called against you.   :fyou

I don't know man...I've watched a lot of Sox games this season, and it seems like Frank does get squeezed a little more than other players do. Maybe it's because of his reputation and the fact that he's not happy with the way he's being umped and the umpires are responding in kind, I don't know.

But, the reason he leads the league in walks is because he's one of the most patient hitters in the game. Even when he's not hitting well, he's able to draw walks and get on base -- which is something that cannot be said of guys like Konerko and Crede.

Well let me play the devils advocate. He leads the league in walks, yet is getting squeezed? Doesnt that tell you that hes taking WAY too many pitches? I just think he needs to take more accountability and try to improve. Blaming others, even if its accurate, will never help him get better.

Time to grab your sack Frank and take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming it on the pitches called against you.   :fyou

Well let me play the devils advocate. He leads the league in walks, yet is getting squeezed? Doesnt that tell you that hes taking WAY too many pitches? I just think he needs to take more accountability and try to improve. Blaming others, even if its accurate, will never help him get better.

Agreed. I forgot, but at the end of that post I was going to say "That said, he needs to stop worrying about the umpires and start working on handling the inside pitch during BP."

Complaining about officiating never got anything accomplished.

It really is a shame that Frank could not continue what he was doing at the conclusion of last season. It really would have helped lift this team to the level we all thought they would be at.

Now he is waiting for someone else to get hot before he is able to get hot. Give me a break. For a guy so concerned about himself, you would think he could put up bigger numbers.

It really is a shame that Frank could not continue what he was doing at the conclusion of last season.  It really would have helped lift this team to the level we all thought they would be at.

Now he is waiting for someone else to get hot before he is able to get hot.  Give me a break.  For a guy so concerned about himself, you would think he could put up bigger numbers.

It is too bad that the Big Hurt hasn't performed at the same level, or continue to improve on the second half of last season. However, I do think he is being squeezed by the umps too. I also see our pitchers getting pitches called balls and the opp. getting called strikes. Maybe it is only an inch or so difference in the location, but I think that is very hard to judge.

One reason Frank may be getting constantly bombarded inside is that the other team knows there isn't anyone hitting behind him that is producing. Hitting is contagious and I hope we catch it soon.