ESPN Coverage

Harry Chappas

Can ESPNn show all three game at once on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Classic on Wednesday.

That would be a baseball bonanaza as far as markets go.

New York

Boston

Chicago

Los Angeles

Houston

Atlanta

The games are carried locally at these times as well on local channels for prime time ratings.

Does this make to much sense to actually do?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Can ESPNn show all three game at once on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Classic on Wednesday.

That would be a baseball bonanaza as far as markets go.

New York

Boston

Chicago

Los Angeles

Houston

Atlanta

The games are carried locally at these times as well on local channels for prime time ratings. 

Does this make to much sense to actually do?

All games have to be (should be) in HD, won't happen with ESPN Classic. I don't think the local carriage ratings count, it's all about ratings and $$

The 12:00 Wednesday afternoon audience is that great as oppossed to that which will watch whatever is on ESPN2 (Poker rerun) and Classic. I would think the options would increase the overall ratings as fans would stay tuned in if the games are entertaining. I know I would watch.

How many fans watch at 12:00 ion the afternoon???????

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
The 12:00 Wednesday afternoon audience is that great as oppossed to that which will watch whatever is on ESPN2 (Poker rerun) and Classic.  I would think the options would increase the overall ratings as fans would stay tuned in if the games are entertaining.  I know I would watch.

How many fans watch at 12:00 ion the afternoon???????

Have you ever noticed what ESPN runs opposite of Monday night football. -- It's nothing but Ice Skating, Rythmic Gymnastics, and Women's Billiards. -- ABC and ESPN are both Disney, and one of them falls on the sword for the other. They don't want to take any of MNF's audience, so they run crap.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Have you ever noticed what ESPN runs opposite of Monday night football. -- It's nothing but Ice Skating, Rythmic Gymnastics, and Women's Billiards. -- ABC and ESPN are both Disney, and one of them falls on the sword for the other. They don't want to take any of MNF's audience, so they run crap.

I happen to like Rythmic Gymnastics, thank you very much :P

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)

there was scrabble on ESPN today at noon, competing w/ the NFL. So it's not just when ABC has something on.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
there was scrabble on ESPN today at noon, competing w/ the NFL.  So it's not just when ABC has something on.

You're right, it's when something is airing nationally that they have a partnership with.

Saturday mornings when they air college football, and FOX has MLB is the only time they really run opposite of the major league sports.