Tomorrow's lineup

chisoxfan79

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
why?  You play your regulars in the playoffs until you clinch.  I hope Ozzie doesn't put out one of his famous bench lineups.  If they are up big in the late innings than yes or if they need a pinch runner but not to start.

I would agree with you about Crede but even his defense has been bad in the playoffs. He was one error and should have had on in the 1st yesterday. Tony G. bailed him out there. I think you have to consider Ozuna if Crede craps his pants and makes another error on Friday.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
why?  You play your regulars in the playoffs until you clinch.  I hope Ozzie doesn't put out one of his famous bench lineups.  If they are up big in the late innings than yes or if they need a pinch runner but not to start.

Crede has been shaking in his boots for 2 home game this series. Imagine what he will be like in a hostile atmosphere in Boston.

Right now, it's not a matter of starting the regular, but instead the better player at this point in time.

Now Crede could very well turn it around in Boston, I'm just not totally ready to take that chance yet.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)

Did you see his "all right-handed" line-up against Wells?

Nope

He will play the regulars throughout the series.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
:headshake This Crede bashing is silly

Bashing?

You're blind not to see that Crede has a simple case of the playoff jitters. He's made 2 errors in 2 games, each which could of easily been key points to the Red Sox winning the game.

Hell, I believe he came the 1st person in MLB history to punt a baseball from 3rd base and have it hit the backstop.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
I think Crede's problems are more back related than mentally related. If we are going to play up to 17 more games we need to figure out what we have so I wouldn't pull the plug on Crede two games in. Let's see if he can play himself right here over the weekend

I could see your point, but I just don't see how his back problems made him punt the ball to the backstop. I'm pretty sure it's the jitters.

Crede isn't and shouldn't be going anywhere except to his spot at 3B and whatever spot he's hitting in the lineup. He's more than fine at 3b. The barehanded grap isn't automatic for any 3b man. Though Crede makes it look easy.

I'd guarantee any people calling for Ozuna would scream bloody murder the first boot Ozuna would make. Not to mention the balls and plays he couldn't make that Crede could.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I'd guarantee any people calling for Ozuna would scream bloody murder the first boot Ozuna would make. Not to mention the balls and plays he couldn't make that Crede could.

This is true. But if you are not nervous about Crede, would another error on Friday help?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Bashing?

You're blind not to see that Crede has a simple case of the playoff jitters. He's made 2 errors in 2 games, each which could of easily been key points to the Red Sox winning the game.

Hell, I believe he came the 1st person in MLB history to punt a baseball from 3rd base and have it hit the backstop.

could his back be acting up again. I mean he didn't even bend down all the way on that ball. It really hurts to bend down when you have a bad back.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Yeah the announcers really missed that one. They read it as a misread but a guy with back pain not getting down enough is a flag in that direction. I think (hope) he will be fine. I am not a fan of Joe but if you rode the Crede horse this far-no sense changing now.

yeah and back pain can be so random. Especially Herniated Discs. One day you could feel perfectly fine and the next day you might not be able to walk.