Marte

daa84

For those of you who are lucky enough to be attending these games, I hope you enjoy yourself (unfortunately i can't get out of Nashville to make it to the games), but I also hope you use your head and don't boo marte should ozzie be dumb enough to use him in a crucial situation. yes, the decision may be bad, but you have to realize that the crowd support in this type of situation really does make an impact. while i realize it didnt work for graffanino, that is the type of oviation i would hope marte would get if he comes into the game. Who knows, maybe itll help him get back to what he was 2 years ago, but please, be smart and don't boo.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
For those of you who are lucky enough to be attending these games, I hope you enjoy yourself (unfortunately  i can't get out of Nashville to make it to the games), but I also hope you use your head and don't boo marte should ozzie be dumb enough to use him in a crucial situation. yes, the decision may be bad, but you have to realize that the crowd support in this type of situation really does make an impact. while i realize it didnt work for graffanino, that is the type of oviation i would hope marte would get if he comes into the game. Who knows, maybe itll help him get back to what he was 2 years ago, but please, be smart and don't boo.

I'll be there, and I agree.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
For those of you who are lucky enough to be attending these games, I hope you enjoy yourself (unfortunately  i can't get out of Nashville to make it to the games), but I also hope you use your head and don't boo marte should ozzie be dumb enough to use him in a crucial situation. yes, the decision may be bad, but you have to realize that the crowd support in this type of situation really does make an impact. while i realize it didnt work for graffanino, that is the type of oviation i would hope marte would get if he comes into the game. Who knows, maybe itll help him get back to what he was 2 years ago, but please, be smart and don't boo.

I agree. Marte will be introduced before the games. DON"T BOO THE GUY!!!

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
I wouldn't use his game 3 performance as an indicator.  Some of his pitches woulda been called strikes on any other day.  You saw Ozzie's reactions later.  I'm tellin' ya, Marte got hosed (in that game).

excuses excuses. Ok when you don't throw strikes than you aren't going to get the close calls. I mean some of those pitches before the ones where he was "squeezed" weren't even close.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
Also I for one am not booing Marte.  Im booing Ozzie for using him in that situation.

How the hell can you justify booing anybody associated with this team? Damn, some of you people that call yourself Sox fans. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
How the hell can you justify booing anybody associated with this team?  Damn, some of you people that call yourself Sox fans.  I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

sorry, but two years' worth of Mike Remlinger impressions have soured me on Damaso. I'm hoping that a few rounds of boos ( AFTER the s***ty performance, not before ) might inspire the Powers That Be to go out and get a lefty who can get people out, or AT LEAST to try the one who HAS BEEN FIRST!

...and I don't want nobody pissin' on me, maaaaaaaaan.......

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
sorry, but two years' worth of Mike Remlinger impressions have soured me on Damaso. I'm hoping that a few rounds of boos ( AFTER the s***ty performance, not before ) might inspire the Powers That Be to go out and get a lefty who can get people out, or AT LEAST to try the one who HAS BEEN FIRST!

...and I don't want nobody pissin' on me, maaaaaaaaan.......

I'm soured on Marte as well. But this is the time to put ALL of support behind ALL of the players. Save your boos for Soxfest if he's still with the team.

And if you were on fire, you might have a different perspective. :)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm soured on Marte as well.  But this is the time to put ALL of support behind ALL of the players.  Save your boos for Soxfest if he's still with the team. 

And if you were on fire, you might have a different perspective. :)

Well, then I'm just gonna STOP, DROP and ROLL, BAYBEEEEE!!!!!!

I never heard nobody say "Children, if you ever catch on fire, STOP, UNZIP, and FLOW".... :P

Thanks for posting this topic. Booing Marte on any level is a little bit silly. His performance in Minnesota when we really needed some wins late in the year really helped us get here this year. He hasn't been the dominant relief pitcher he was a few years ago, but at that time no one gave him enough credit for being one of the top 5 relief pitchers in the game.

We're still talking about a guy with a career 3.20 ERA and 1.26 WHIP who still held hitters to a .256 average in the worst season of his career.

We need to stay behind these guys, win or lose, they've earned our 100% support by getting to the playoffs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
How the hell can you justify booing anybody associated with this team?  Damn, some of you people that call yourself Sox fans.  I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

There are times when players and managers deserved to get booed, period. You don't have to blindly clap and cheer for your team regardless of what happens in order to be a fan. Please.

God, I can't stand people who boo our own players at the games. It really doesn't help them or make them feel welcome. Players have feelings too. Or should I say, why don't you get your ass out there and get someone out? Or why don't you be hired as GM? Yeah, thats what I thought.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
God, I can't stand people who boo our own players at the games. It really doesn't help them or make them feel welcome. Players have feelings too. Or should I say, why don't you get your ass out there and get someone out? Or why don't you be hired as GM? Yeah, thats what I thought.

I sort of addressed this situation last week prior to game 1.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40912

QUOTE(Beastly @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)

Have the Cubs contacted you about a managerial position yet? You'd fit in perfectly with that line of thinking.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)

a little harsh, my friend.

I'm against booing Sox players, too...and it's especially classless during an Intro., but the frustration at Marte--and especially Guillen--is understandable. It does not disqualify them from being Sox fans.

:gosox1: