National Anthem and Starting Introduction

SouthSidePride05

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
Does Fox usually show the National Anthem and Starting Introductions for the League Championship Series games, or is that just for the World Series? 

..What's everyone's predictions on who will sing the Anthem?

I'm guessing Fox will probably want their American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood, to sing it once.  Who else?

Reifert's blog is rumoring Bruce Springtein could do it, being that he's in town on tour.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
You want to get the crowd going?

Two words:  Wayne Messmer.

Best.  National Anthem Singer.  Ever.

Yeah, nothing better than getting the guy who signs the national anthem for Cubs games to come and sing the anthem for one of the bigger games in Sox history.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
You want to get the crowd going?

Two words:  Wayne Messmer.

Best.  National Anthem Singer.  Ever.

totally agree. He has a special thing he does at the end that no one else does and it is sooo awesome.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
Yeah, nothing better than getting the guy who signs the national anthem for Cubs games to come and sing the anthem for one of the bigger games in Sox history.

He also has done them for White Sox games. And Blackhawks games (which would resonate with White Sox fans). And Wolves games. And Bulls games. See what I'm saying? He's a local celebrity, a gunshot survivor and a damn good singer.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
He also has done them for White Sox games.  And Blackhawks games (which would resonate with White Sox fans).  And Wolves games.  And Bulls games.  See what I'm saying?  He's a local celebrity, a gunshot survivor and a damn good singer.

I know he's done some Sox games in the past, but he's closely associated with the Cubs.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
No thanks. There will be enough Cub fans there already.

I hope there's not many Cub fans there. Who in their right mind would spend over $100 for a White Sox playoff game if you're a Cub fan? I'm sure for some people that's pocket change, so it's no big deal. Hopefully the crowd is as loud and crazy as the ALDS.

Whoever sang the Anthem on July 20th needs to sing for the ALCS or WS. She wasn't famous, but she belted out the anthem better than anyone I've heard. Gave me chills, it was that good! Anyone know who she is?

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)

I don't care WHO he sings for, he is the best there is. Besides it was singing at Blackhawks game that really made him famous. I would love them to bring in Wayne Messmer.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
I don't care WHO he sings for, he is the best there is.  Besides it was singing at Blackhawks game that really made him famous.  I would love them to bring in Wayne Messmer.

The NHL All Star game at the start of Gulf War I ... Spine tingling.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
The NHL All Star game at the start of Gulf War I ... Spine tingling.

There are two times that I remember being blown away by a patriotic song. That was one of them. The other was by the woman who sang God Bless America at the first game in Chicago after 9-11.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
There are two times that I remember being blown away by a patriotic song.  That was one of them.  The other was by the woman who sang God Bless America at the first game in Chicago after 9-11.

One of the best at singing the national anthem is, believe it or not, Toni Tenille. That lady can belt it out.