Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground

JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
As for the second point, and all those proponents of Genesism. . . I sure hope they're fans of the Proponents of the Peter Gabriel incarnation and not that Phil Collins drek.  :P  :P

You got a problem with Mike and the Mechanics?

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
You got a problem with Mike and the Mechanics?

Their lack of Phil Collins was a step in the right direction, I'll give 'em that.

But on the whole, I'm more hot for Hackett than Rutherford as far as Genesis guitarists go.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Didn't this happen before and Juggs got mad at everyone for having a short attention span.  What a guy.

That sounds familiar, but I really can't remember. . .

And I

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Didn't this happen before and Juggs got mad at everyone for having a short attention span.  What a guy.

He'll come back and claim the thread was an experiment to test our attention spans, then claim his theory(whatever it is) was proven correct.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
He'll come back and claim the thread was an experiment to test our attention spans, then claim his theory(whatever it is) was proven correct.

And I'll then respond by saying how his post provides yet another piece of evidence of the will of the flying spaghetti monster.

I am glad I hold the Catholic position here.  We believe the evolution theory could be (and likely is) true - but we just believe God had to be the ultimate force behind it and that humanity had a single origin.  I guess my position can make everyone happy...or angry.

And that’s fine. As long as you don’t want the “Catholic position” taught as science - or the Methodist position, or the Southern Baptist, or the Taliban’s, or the FSM. :)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
As long as the proposed class also teaches about the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of origins, we're all in good shape.

WHY YOU SHOULD CONVERT TO FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERISM

1. Flimsy moral standards.

2. Every friday is a relgious holiday. If your work/school objects to that, demand your religious beliefs are respected and threaten to call the ACLU.

3. Our heaven is WAY better. We've got a Stripper Factory AND a Beer Volcano

:headbang

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
WHY YOU SHOULD CONVERT TO FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERISM

1. Flimsy moral standards.

2. Every friday is a relgious holiday. If your work/school objects to that, demand your religious beliefs are respected and threaten to call the ACLU.

3. Our heaven is WAY better. We've got a Stripper Factory AND a Beer Volcano

:headbang

Whoa. God has nothing on the FSM.

(I especially like the Sistine Chapel interpretation.)

No FSJ, that is HOW. That is NOT why. It does NOT explain how by natural selection alone some types are predators upon their own kind & others are nuturers. There are many such mysteries that can not be explained by a NeoDarwinist.

I see you are back to asserting your opinion as fact again :rolly

Try as you may you can not prove that a higher purpose has been left out by design. That is a metaphysical argument best left to those who are qualified in genetics, physics & philosophy to address.

And yes, by all accounts of statements & behavior of NeoDarwinists including Stalin & Hitler it ACTS like a religion & a militant one at that. What is obvious about it today is that the mere mention of God to these people invokes a harsh & rash criticism even when that reference is made to support natural selection & evolutionary theory. Such close-minded, arrogant, & unkind behavior is definitely similar to militant Muslims.

The world will be better off once these people reduce their numbers. Since belief that this world is all there is lends itself to desiring pleasure more than servitude to children it's inevitable.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

Let's see...in that last post I see:

1. Guilt by association fallacy.

2. A straw man.

3. I'm pretty sure a threat directed at anyone who believes in evolution.

4. An unsourced statement about how intra-species predation cannot evolve.

5. An admission that any concept of a higher purpose is unscientific, because it is unfalsifiable, and therefore falls outside the realm of any sort of science, which is entirely based on making and testing predictions.

1. You obviously are not well educated in history. That topic was discussed at length in another thread & the facts provided by the links are indisputable. NeoDarwinism has led to nearly 200 million murders in the world.

2. Only a closed-mind individual would conclude a straw man.

3. You are obviously wrong as evidenced by the first post & the line referring to God in the last one.

4. A further acknowledgement that you are not well educated in history seeing that scientific knowledge was born out of philosophy. :rolly

Until the advent of the scientific method in the late 19th-20th century science evolved by certain individuals pondering the mysteries of our planet & our Universe.

Prior to Darwin, there was Newton's Philosophy of Nature which clearly emphasizes this fact. If you have not read it you should.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

he waited a while to respond. Thats the only thing that surprises me about his post. Other than that, its just another one of his "Everyone else is narrowminded and should listen to what i have to say because I am smart and you are dumb" posts.

He tries to draw out an argument, then tells us we cant argue with him. Its always the same bulls***. Like i said before, BROKEN RECORD

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
That is a metaphysical argument best left to those who are qualified in genetics, physics & philosophy to address. 

And let me guess. You're the only wanker on this board who is that qualified to speak on the issue, and therefore, none of us can dare approach your mighty throne?

GMAFB.