Now what?

Funkman7

Now that the White Sox have become world champions, I sort of have that "Now What?" feeling about me. Yeah of course I want to repeat and all, but it does seem a bit greedy after having wanted just ONE for so many years. It's sort of like that feeling when you just graduated college and don't know exactly what is next.

After all it really is the wanting that is the fun part more than the having. It is the journey more than the destination (no pun intended). Having this championship for my favorite team leaves me fulfilled but a little bit empty inside at the same time.

I posted something like this too. I feel EXACTLY the same way. The only difference is I realize even if they were to repeat and win next year it will never be the same. 2005 will always be special to sox fans. Im a huge Bears fan too but even with the little bit of success theyve been having lately, a super bowl couldnt even hold a candle to this.

this is why baseball is so great. we won and im having my time to enjoy it. at the same time, the beauty of the sport is that the offseason has already started, and this is where dynastys are built, time to reload. im already looking feasible options for next year, and all i can say is that a full year of the new contreras, buerhle, garland, garcia and mccarthy is gonna be f***ing sick

I've been reading and hearing a lot of people saying "it will never be the same, the first is always the most special and it loses importance after that".. I don't get why people think like this.

To me, if we repeat, it'll even be better than this year. The more, the better! The sense of pride we'll have as Sox fans will be more with each title. I also want to witness a celebration in US Cellular Field. This year, we didn't clinch the division at home, and all the playoff series wins were away. I remember going to the clincher in '93, and I have to say it was louder and crazier than Game 1 of the World Series. After Game 1 of the World Series, the ramps (and the El) were actually quiet and not full of energy. After the '93 clincher, the ramps and parking lots were loud, electric, and chaotic..

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
I've been reading and hearing a lot of people saying "it will never be the same, the first is always the most special and it loses importance after that"..  I don't get why people think like this. 

To me, if we repeat, it'll even be better than this year.  The more, the better! The sense of pride we'll have as Sox fans will be more with each title.  I also want to witness a celebration in US Cellular Field.  This year, we didn't clinch the division at home, and all the playoff series wins were away.  I remember going to the clincher in '93, and I have to say it was louder and crazier than Game 1 of the World Series.  After Game 1 of the World Series, the ramps (and the El) were actually quiet and not full of energy.  After the '93 clincher, the ramps and parking lots were loud, electric, and chaotic..

i see what youre saying but I really just cant help but to feel like the first one will always be the best. I think the more you win the more fans will take it forgranted. When the Bulls were dominating in the 90s it was great but it doesnt compare to a lifetime thirst of at least A championship being quenched

Chris Young could hit a walk-off grand slam in Game 7 of the 2008 World Series, and it would never match my excitement level that took place when PK hit that slam in Game 2, etc. The first is definitely the sweetest and the best. Now, it's time for the White Sox to continue to be an ass-kicking machine with a loaded pitching staff.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Chris Young could hit a walk-off grand slam in Game 7 of the 2008 World Series, and it would never match my excitement level that took place when PK hit that slam in Game 2, etc.  The first is definitely the sweetest and the best.  Now, it's time for the White Sox to continue to be an ass-kicking machine with a loaded pitching staff.

Agreed. You can only win the first world series of your lifetime 1 time.