Colon named AL Cy Young winner

Sox Pride 22

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Yeah, we'll get no awards but will have won the World Series...no bias against us.  Obviously I expected Colon to get it and he should have.  But no gold gloves, no cy young, no executive of the year....NOTHING...oh, except the most important one...

im_ws_trophy.jpg

We should get one individual award:

AL MANAGER OF THE YEAR!

If Guillen doesn't win that one, I am going to go on a killing spree.

As a baseball fan (not a White Sox fan), Santana prolly should have gotten AL CY. But, the fact that Buehrle and Garland were 5th and 6th bug me. They were better than Cliff Lee and depending on who you talk to, Rivera might not deserve the Cy Young because he's a closer.

I'm not unhappy with the choice, nor do I really care that Mark and Jon didn't win. But, c'mon......

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Why did Cliff lee get more votes then Mark? I know he had to more wins, but Mark had a better ERA...312 to 3.79

More innings pitched 236 to 202 and was on a division winner..What's the thought process behind that.

Even Garland should have been voter higher..had the same amount of wins..better ERA and more innings pitched..

Man, people have a real hard on for the Indians..

No f***ing s*** man, holy crap the Indians are getting the most props out of any team in the MLB for making a late push and choking. I mean damn Housten deserves more credit than them in my opinion. Being like 15 games under .500 and then making the world series is better than a late push and choking.

Anyway this is about the Cy Young award and I just think it's stupid for Lee to rank above our guys. Oh well, f*** these people. Thats the end of my rant.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Johana Santana shoudl have won his 2nd straight Cy Young.

He led the league in WHIP, Hits/9 ip, K/9, strikeouts & adjusted ERA +

He was 2nd in ERA, innings, shutouts & K/bb.

The only way i would have cared one iota about these little awards is if he won the cy young. Since he didn't... couldn't give a s***.

The 2005 White Sox are a pretty damn amazing team.

No Rookie of the Year

No Cy Young winner

Completely shut out on Gold Gloves

Will not have the league MVP

No league leaders in the major statistical catagories (BA, HR, RBI, W, K's, etc )

Yet, won more games than any AL team and went 11-1 in the post season.