More Levine 'Rumors'

BigSqwert

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
The Marlins are very serious about moving Cabrera to 3B, it's his natural position and was considered a damn good defensive 3B while playing in the minors.

You are correct. That is the reason they are freeing up 3B. They want Cabrera over there. They supposedly have minor league OFers waiting to come up to take his place in RF. I can't remember names, but I know that is their plan.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
You are correct. That is the reason they are freeing up 3B. They want Cabrera over there. They supposedly have minor league OFers waiting to come up to take his place in RF. I can't remember names, but I know that is their plan.

Jeremy Hermida will be in their of next year.

Hernandez took the pen spot because it was the playoffs. I do not expect him to take the same position during the regular season. You do not trade Hernandez unless you are forced to trade Hernandez. The White Sox as of now are not forced to trade him.

If you do trade him and B-Mac is our fifth starter who is our insurance policy?

Cabrara was a very good third baseman before he was moved because of Mike L. You could see him moved back to third, but that is not a sure bet. He has been so great in the outfield that some say "Why mess with a good thing?"

Edited by Soxman72

I am/was trying to have an intelligent conversation with you, thats what some of us like to do here.....

I am asking you why he is overrated, and what makes Joe Crede better than Bill Muller. Who overrates him? Was it the batting crown he won?

Crede is a far and away the better fielder. I know that. However, does that in turn make Joe Crede>>>to Bill Muller as a complete player?

i just plain dont like players who have at one time played for the cubs. i dont even pretend that my reasoning is rational, but there it is.

i just plain dont like players who have at one time played for the cubs. i dont even pretend that my reasoning is rational, but there it is.

The funny thing is that Mueller barely played for the Cubs. He shattered his kneecap in an awful injury with them. The Cubs ended up trading him back to the Giants for a minor league nobody named Jeff Verplancke. :lol:

You trade Hernandez because:

1) He's old.

2) He's expensive.

3) He wants to start.

Who's the 6th starter? How about Cotts? Or maybe someone else in the minors will take BMAC's spot as 6th starter. You deal from strength...and what the White Sox have is an extra starter, a lot of young talent in the minors and a LHR.

I've learned there is no such thing as a can't miss player. For every one of those, there is a Mike Piazza or Mark Buehrle. Saying low draft choices that end up being great.

You trade Hernandez because:

1) He's old.

2) He's expensive.

3) He wants to start.

Who's the 6th starter?  How about Cotts?  Or maybe someone else in the minors will take BMAC's spot as 6th starter.  You deal from strength...and what the White Sox have is an extra starter, a lot of young talent in the minors and a LHR.

I've learned there is no such thing as a can't miss player.  For every one of those, there is a Mike Piazza or Mark Buehrle.  Saying low draft choices that end up being great.

We currently have 6 starting pitchers and one of them is injury-prone. We don't have any other minor league starting pitcher that is ready like McCarthy is.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
You don't.  You're exactly right, Neal is to good and to valuable in the pen to even attempt to try and make him a starter at this point.

If you want to understand why Neal Cotts is so bloody valuable right now exactly where he is...go look at that contract that the Cubs gave to Scott Eyre. Then go look at how Eyre's numbers in the NL last year compared to Cotts's numbers in the AL.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Marlins are having a fire sale...  Think about this Crede relatively inexpensive, a Boras Client

Not a chance. This will NEVER happen. Even if the Marlins were trading Cabrera, which they're not, that deal would never ever work. Cabrera is a younger Pujols, seriously. We would literally have to trade them BMac, Garland, and our TOP 4 minor league prospects to even come close. Cabrera will be a yearly MVP candidate without question.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Not a chance.  This will NEVER happen.  Even if the Marlins were trading Cabrera, which they're not, that deal would never ever work.  Cabrera is a younger Pujols, seriously.  We would literally have to trade them BMac, Garland, and our TOP 4 minor league prospects to even come close.  Cabrera will be a yearly MVP candidate without question.

I'd agree with that. I think that they wouldn't take anything less than that.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I agree Rowand44.

By trading Rowand to the Phillies for Thome

OR

By trading Crede to the Marlins for Pierre

You will not lose one of our big pitchers.  You could see some minor league talent in the deals but not B-Mac.  I also believe Marte has seen his last days in Chicago, but that is just me.

I believe KW will try to make deals without involving our pitchers.  Pitching won us the ring.

Or we could trade Rowand for Thome and not completely destroy our defense in the process. We wouldn't be "okay" defensively with Pierre in center - far from it.

We have a few years to go with Crede before we have to worry about Boras.

Edited by GreenSox

Could someone please answer me something...

You have one guy who throughout his career has a floor of a .270 batting average.... has demonstated more consistancy across the board....

One guy falls asleep during most of the year, has a ceiling of about a .260 average so far...

Keep in mind both of these guys play defense out of their minds... at very important positions where it's hard to find great defense...

Now I can understand why the GM's would rather have player A. But do you honestly think player B has more value to this team...

In a casual trade player B should be the one to go... Besides the fact he has health problems. Player A should only go in a deal for a top guy. A Delgado, Ichiro, hell even a Thome... but you don't give him away for crap like Pierre (who would make our defense instantly one of the worst in the league in the outfield, thats not even debatable)...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Could someone please answer me something...

You have one guy who throughout his career has a floor of a .270 batting average.... has demonstated more consistancy across the board....

One guy falls asleep during most of the year, has a ceiling of about a .260 average so far...

Keep in mind both of these guys play defense out of their minds... at very important positions where it's hard to find great defense...

Now I can understand why the GM's would rather have player A. But do you honestly think player B has more value to this team...

In a casual trade player B should be the one to go... Besides the fact he has health problems. Player A should only go in a deal for a top guy. A Delgado, Ichiro, hell even a Thome... but you don't give him away for crap like Pierre (who would make our defense instantly one of the worst in the league in the outfield, thats not even debatable)...

Why do you insist it's going to be Pierre we get for Rowand? I don't think that will happen at all. A Thome deal, yes, but not Pierre.

Edited by YASNY