Bush Legacy

Texsox

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
That tends to happen when taxes get cut.

Just so ya know.

It's all on borrowed money. Get a $10,000 loan from China and spend it at your local retailers. Keep doing that every month and marvel at how great the local economy is doing. Don't worry, poor people will pay it all back.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
2. Kyoto would have only been "disastrous" for the big Corporations that the Republicans kowtow to, for the rest of the world it would have been good.

3. Where is Osama? Do you feel any safer after Bush declared "war on terrorism"? I sure as hell don't.

4. Bush forced Sharon to give up Gaza, Bush forced Sharon to allow the "Palis" control over the "borders" around Gaza, Bush prevented Israel from taking out Pali terrorist cells on several occasions, Bush has a "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy when it comes to Israel and her war against terrorism.

I agree......Kyoto would be good for the rest of the world. The European economies are already in the s***ter so they have nothing to lose. China and India and the rest of the 3rd world are exempt......whats not to love?

Where is Osama? Under a rock someplace afraid that if he talks to someone or moves he'll get a missile shoved up his ass or snatched by a Special Forces team. If we cant find him thats an acceptable alternative.

Exactly how did Bush "force" Sharon to give up Gaza? Did he threaten to cut off the billions in aid and weapons we give Isreal every year? I think not.

No need to get ignorant.  The conversation was civil up until now.

I see your circular logic.  Its OK for illegal activities to justify the means in Israel, but if George Bush did do something similar to get his war in Iraq, that isn't all right.  If you want to justify this fine, but don't get pissed off when it goes the other way.  Then it becomes hypocracy, and that doesn't look good on you.  By that logic, Iraq should have kept their WMDs as a protection against the US, despite the fact that it was an illegal program.  You can't have it both ways, when it justifies your beliefs.

The point is, Israel is our ally. As such, shouldn't they be privy to whatever intelligence, defense systems, etc., as the US deems to provide them?

You seem to be saying that Israel gets preferential treatment by the US, but that the US gets nothing in return for its support of Israel. This could not be further from the truth. (One need only look at when Israel took out Iran's nukes in the 80s).

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
It's all on borrowed money. Get a $10,000 loan from China and spend it at your local retailers. Keep doing that every month and marvel at how great the local economy is doing. Don't worry, poor people will pay it all back.

What percentage of GDP is Government outlays? Not a whole lot.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
The point is, Israel is our ally. As such, shouldn't they be privy to whatever intelligence, defense systems, etc., as the US deems to provide them?

You seem to be saying that Israel gets preferential treatment by the US, but that the US gets nothing in return for its support of Israel. This could not be further from the truth. (One need only look at when Israel took out Iran's nukes in the 80s).

Thats Iraq's nukes that got took out. Besides, how can you equate a single bombing if Iraq to the billions in cash and weapons we've given them over the years?

When they start signing the front of the check and not the back, in other words when they stop accepting our aid and start sending money to us, I say pull our spies and put up with their s***. Until then, we are paying for them to spy on us. That's crazy wrong. Any country that is caught spying on the US should have any aid cut off. If they have money to spy on us, they certainly don't need our help. Hey buddy, here's $20, break into my house for me and steal the rest :lolhitting

But of course you will put Israel's interests above the US interests.

Now before I too get sucked into a thread that is bringing misty water colored memories to me, I will bow gracefully and exit.

What is in Israel's best interests are also what are in the US' best interests!

BTW, the intel that Israel provides the US is well worth the financial assistance that we provide to Israel.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
What percentage of GDP is Government outlays?  Not a whole lot.

Plus we borrow money from foreign countries to give to every citizen in the form of tax cuts. That is the cold hard fact. When we are cutting taxes and borrowing money, it's a pretty straight line.

Mrs. Taxpayer, don't send me the $500, I'm going to borrow it from France and someone else will pay it back. Please vote for me!

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
What is in Israel's best interests are also what are in the US' best interests!

BTW, the intel that Israel provides the US is well worth the financial assistance that we provide to Israel.

Yet they feel compelled to spy on us. LOL that you think that is fair, just, or whatever.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Plus we borrow money from foreign countries to give to every citizen in the form of tax cuts. That is the cold hard fact. When we are cutting taxes and borrowing money, it's a pretty straight line.

Mrs. Taxpayer, don't send me the $500, I'm going to borrow it from France and someone else will pay it back. Please vote for me!

Actually most of the consumers higher spending power is coming from the increase in value of their homes. Economists have talked about this a lot on CNBC as well. A 1 time tax rebate, like occured in the early Bush years, doesn't do much for the economy in the long term.

Also remember that Isreal was on its ass during the Yom Kippur war until we stepped in and helped em out.

That's revisionist history, my friend.

If the US hadn't intervened when it did, Israel would have annihilated it's attackers, and blown them to Hell.

Edited by Steve Bartman's my idol

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
That's revisionist history, my friend.

If the US hadn't intervened when it did, Israel would have annihilated it's attackers, and blown them to Hell.

Their fabled intelligence totally dropped the ball. The head of the Mossad didn't believe that an attack was imminent until the day it was set to take place and by then it was too late.

Their fabled intelligence totally dropped the ball.  The head of the Mossad didn't believe that an attack was imminent until the day it was set to take place and by then it was too late.

As the "big boys" say, let's agree to disagree, and move on.

I'm done.

BTW...the Sox got Thome!!!

As the "big boys" and "Palis" and all that crap indicates, I'm not.  If you'd like to step in dogs***, keep going.  Then "neither" of you will post here.

I actually enjoy the debate - until it started getting too personal.

Enjoy the holiday!

To quote Sergeant Hulka in "Stripes", "Lighten up, Francis!".

Wow, you boys sure do know how to have a good time. Sorry I missed the discussion.

I’m psyched about Thome. And by the by, I don’t want to post this over in the Pale Hose forum because I don’t want to offend anyone – but is it true what they say about Thome? You know, in reference to one of his nicknames?

Okay. Bush Legacy. Too depressing to want to dwell on right now. A couple of ancillary thoughts, though. Do you think that he’ll want his very own presidential library, or would he do the sensible thing and share the utilities and such with his daddy’s library?

Also, I’ve been thinking about those sometimes damning, sometimes inspiring, sometimes funny catchphrases that get stuck to presidents.

The buck stops here – Truman

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. – Kennedy

People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. – Nixon

I did not have sex with that woman. – Clinton

I think one statement that may stick to the current Bush and remain as an awful emblem for part of his legacy is: “We do not torture.”

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I think one statement that may stick to the current Bush and remain as an awful emblem for part of his legacy is:  “We do not torture.”

"evildoers"

Oh yea, what is Jim Thome's nickname?

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
In my humble opinion, Bush II is the worst president in my lifetime (since 1964).

He has trashed the economy, the environment, kowtowed to "Big Business", his foreign policy sucks, he has continued to f**k the poor, he screwed up re. Iraq, etc.

Other than that, I guess he's been okay.

:puke Bush!

AMEN!