Artist honors winning White Sox, fans

YASNY

Pat Coffman Huss uses her gift of art to lift people's spirits.

The renowned watercolorist who has done work for the Ronald McDonald Charities recently completed a sketch and watercolor painting of U.S. Cellular Field as it was just before Game 1 of the World Series.

Her youngest son, Tim, who is the only Cubs fan in the family, went to Game 1 against Houston.

He arrived hours early and snapped more than two dozen photos of the inside and outside of the ballpark.

Pat Coffman Huss, who is a retired art teacher at Richards High School in Oak Lawn, used those photos to depict the ballpark's exterior and the crowds milling around outside.

She improvised a bit and added fireworks in the sky above the ballpark. Coffman Huss also added the names of all the players and others who were instrumental in helping bring home the team's first World Series championship in 88 years.

"This is a tribute to all the fans who waited forever for the Sox to win a World Series," she said. "This is also a way to recognize the South Side."

Coffman Huss said her husband, Bill, a lifelong White Sox fan, was the catalyst for her doing the drawing.

"Toward the end of the season, he kept suggesting that I do something commemorating the team," she said. "This not only commemorates the team, but it also commemorates the fans who remained loyal all these years."

Coffman Huss has hundreds, if not thousands, of watercolor drawings to her credit.

Her work includes the Chicago skyline, old Comiskey Park, the Chicago Stadium and Wrigley Field.

She said her latest artwork probably took 50 hours to complete. The drawing measures 19½ by 26 inches.

Prints are available online and may be viewed on her Web site at www.patcoffmanhuss.com.

Jim Hook may be reached at jhook@dailysouthtown.com or (708) 633-5961.

WhiteSoxWorldChampions.JPG

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
WhiteSoxWorldChampions.JPG

I already have one of these and I must say it is awesome. Especially, the names of everyone on the team in the sky along with the fireworks. This is a must have for Sox fans. I am framing it and putting it in my office right next to my Old Comiskey chair!

Edited by sufferingsoxfan

Curious, where did you get it, and how much did it cost?

I went to the website and emailed the artist, there are a few prints that look nice but there's no pricing or availability listed.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
Curious, where did you get it, and how much did it cost?

I went to the website and emailed the artist, there are a few prints that look nice but there's no pricing or availability listed.

My sentiments exactly.

It says at the bottom introductory price $25.00

Appreciate it, thanks.

She just added it, it wasn't on there a couple of hours ago.

That's a good price for a print like that.

SufferingSox, yes, if you find out about availability can you post it here because I'm sure other fans besides myself might want one. Thank you.

I will also post info when I hear back from the artist.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
Appreciate it, thanks.

She just added it, it wasn't on there a couple of hours ago.

That's a good price for a print like that.

SufferingSox, yes, if you find out about availability can you post it here because I'm sure other fans besides myself might want one.  Thank you.

I will also post info when I hear back from the artist.

SufferingSox, please let me know as well. The painting is already on my desktop. This is so GREAT!

By the way, here is hoping you are no longer a "suffering Sox" fan! We've done it!

QUOTE(sufferingsoxfan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
I got mine for 25.00 It is really of a high quality.  I am associated with School District 218 (Pat is a retired teacher from Richard's which is one of our schools).  Let me make some calls and see if more are available.  PM me if interested.

I definitely want one. Should I go through you or the website? Does beings a Richards alum help my cause? :)

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
Thanks Bri... Jim however will be kicking your ass the next time we see you.  :lol:

Hi everyone,

I emailed Pat this morning to compliment her White Sox painting. Well, she emailed me back and wanted to know the name of this forum. I am asking for the admins' advice.

Thanks.

QUOTE(S720 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Hi everyone,

I emailed Pat this morning to compliment her White Sox painting.  Well, she emailed me back and wanted to know the name of this forum.  I am asking for the admins' advice.

Thanks.

Advice on what...? Give her the link. She'd be a welcome addition. :cheers

I just got in touch with Pat, she has the SoxTalk address, here's the deal with ordering prints:

Each print is $25 and there is a $5 shipping charge, she mails them out in a Priority Mail tube. So it's $30 if you're ordering one print.

If you want to order more than one, you can order up to 5 prints for the $5 shipping charge, of course that must be to the same mailing address.

Mail the check to:

Pat Huss

15309 Orchard Lane

Oak Forest, IL 60452

Pat indicated to allow 7-10 days for delivery, just in case anyone here is shopping for the holidays.

Very worthy of a thread bump here, I just received my print via Priority Mail this afternoon and it looks fantastic . Even better in person than it looks on the website.

If you've been on the fence with this, order one, it is well worth the nominal cost.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Very worthy of a thread bump here, I just received my print via Priority Mail this afternoon and it looks fantastic .  Even better in person than it looks on the website.

If you've been on the fence with this, order one, it is well worth the nominal cost.

Thanks for the info. I believe I'll be receiving one of these on Dec. 25th. :)