throwing a name out here

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Fish these guys then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/spli...2&type=batting3

Edit.. It says they were going from 2002-2004 but it was actually 2003-2005...

Ok, what I'm trying to figure out about that one is how exactly Thome could have put up exactly the same numbers "Total" and "As a Left Handed Batter", including 96 home runs as a left handed batter...but also put up a "0" in "Runs scored as a left handed batter."

Overall AB R H

Total 1279 234 333

As LHB 1279 0 333

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Ok, what I'm trying to figure out about that one is how exactly Thome could have put up exactly the same numbers "Total" and "As a Left Handed Batter", including 96 home runs as a left handed batter...but also put up a "0" in "Runs scored as a left handed batter."

Overall  AB  R    H

Total 1279 234  333

As LHB 1279 0    333

He ran righthanded. :D

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
add anderson to the deal and you might, might, be in the ballpark.

Maybe. The Nats may need a reliever, but Frank Robinson has shown time and time again that he can get bullpen performance out of just about anyone. I doubt they'd overpay for Marte by giving up Wilkerson.

Wilkerson's defense in CF is a bit spotty. I went to about 15 Nats games this year and was never impressed. Once the Nats acquired Preston Wilson mid-season, he was relegated to LF and 1B (when Nick Johnson was out of the lineup).

But I'd seriously consider Ryan Church for Marte straight up. Church can play CF in a pinch, and would be a good guy to platoon with Brian Anderson and/or Jermaine Dye. Pods could move to CF against righties, and you could have a very nice 4 man rotation to keep Pods and Dye fresh and to spell Anderson against tough righties (although the toughest righty Anderson faced was King Felix, who he took yard twice).

The Cubs are among the teams looking at acquiring Brad Wilkerson, who is considered expendable in Washington.  The rumored Wilkerson-for-Ronny Cedeno deal never seemed likely, and if it did interest the Cubs, it likely won't now that Rafael Furcal has chosen the Dodgers. The Cubs do have Jerome Williams and some other pitching they could use to try to acquire Wilkerson. The Nationals are looking for a center fielder, but it's unclear if Corey Patterson is of any interest to GM Jim Bowden. Wilkerson is also involved in the Javier Vazquez rumors with the Diamondbacks. Dec. 4 - 9:10 pm et

Source: Washington Post

per Rotoworld.